+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    *bump*
    I just bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Gallant for a Christmas present for myself. Here's what mine looks like.

bitchin set of wheels Unk. hows it corner, like its on rails?

got a 92 F150 pick up with the 8 foot bed and the ext cab. so I got 15 feet of truck to take around town and try and park in skinny parking spaces. plus it was so much fun when the back end tried to pass the front last week on icy roads. got to weigh the back down so the wheels have got some traction.

I have a silver Hyundai Tiburon (which means "shark" in Spanish). It is the first new car I've ever owned and the first car other than a station wagon since I had kids. I absolutely love it. The year I have ('03) even has "gills" and indented side panels so it really looks like a shark. My middle school students were blown away when I got it. I got a lot of stares and heads turning at first. Now there are 3 or 4 others in town and the shock factor has worn off, but I still get comments and looks. 10 year warrenty, too. The back seats fold down and it has amazing storage for such a little car. We got our Christmas tree in it yesterday. The man that sold me the tree asked, "how are you going to get that home?" and I said, "Just watch me."
    Count your blessings!

Well until I win the lotto, I'm driving this 94' Chevy Blazer
    Attached Images Attached Images

I drive a grey 1990 Mazda Protege that is in desperate need of a paint job.

It is the biggest and newest car that I have owned so until I get my first real teaching job when I done with student teaching I am very content.

It gets me to my second job up in the mountains and gets me through the traffic in LA ---- took me over an hour to 15 miles yesterday...so that is good enough for me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I have a silver Hyundai Tiburon (which means "shark" in Spanish). It is the first new car I've ever owned and the first car other than a station wagon since I had kids. I absolutely love it. The year I have ('03) even has "gills" and indented side panels so it really looks like a shark. My middle school students were blown away when I got it. I got a lot of stares and heads turning at first. Now there are 3 or 4 others in town and the shock factor has worn off, but I still get comments and looks. 10 year warrenty, too. The back seats fold down and it has amazing storage for such a little car. We got our Christmas tree in it yesterday. The man that sold me the tree asked, "how are you going to get that home?" and I said, "Just watch me."
    Those great, long warranties are terrific for those of us who aren't made of money, aren't they? They really have some attractive models too. We have looked at them several times.

FORT Fogey
    I am in the process of buying a Mazda Miata. It is the perfect size for driving around with Pomeranians on board .

I'll let you know the details when I have the car.

(Meanwhile, I'm driving an old Volvo, which I'll be keeping, 'cause it's a great utility vehicle. I'm selling my classic Datsun 280ZX, which I bought after driving a Nissan 300ZX for many years.)

I drive a Ford Windstar minivan, which is newer than my former Mercury minivan, which I also drive sometimes.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Pom - Sounds like a fun car. You saw my huge animal carrier in the back of my Tiburon. Today I brought my new hedgehog home in it... again, a huge cage, etc. It's like a sports car version of a station wagon.
    Count your blessings!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Unk -- Niiiiiiiiice car. Good for you that you treated yourself to something new.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Sweet set of wheels, Unk
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread