+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

FORT Fogey
    I have a 1988 Olds Delta 88 Royale. Light blue. It's in excellent shape and has only about 150,000 kms (about 93,000? miles)

BTW, I'd rate it a 6.

Pimped out it'd be a 10.
    Last edited by toque; 08-11-2004 at 01:04 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I can't remember if I've posted in here. But when I turn 16 in 8 months (whoohoo!), I will either be driving a Pontiac Transport from 9 years ago... Or, my mother's MiniCooper which is really useless. I hate that car. The cup holders are too small to hold a cup, the seat is impossibly hard to move. There are no armrests! It's basically all to look cute, but not functional.

The Transport--

The mini--

pinkieparrot - hope for the minivan. I know, I know...its a minivan, but, then again, its a minivan! - your friends can all pile in (you know they will) and head off, well, to wherever you young'ens go nowadays . (Takes a moment to relive and revisit all the places I used to go in high school with my friends to .... I'd better not say) It'll be a good thing - trust me.

And one more thing (since I'm, like, 20 years older than you) - don't you have school tomorrow? :nono Why aren't you in bed sleeping young lady?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I had an old 280Z when I first went to college, Bama. Once you drive a Z, you fall in love forever. I'd drive that car to this day if I could have.
    I never loved anything as much as I loved my Nissan's. I had 3 - 300ZX's. I drove them from 1985-2000. I got my first one the summer I graduated High School - '85... drove that thing for 5 years & 220k miles. My entire College career memories involve that car somehow...

Then got the '89 when they changed the body style to the bubble look...(1990 version) I bought it in late 1990. It was black and just beautiful. Then at 190K miles I finally had to give it up and bought the 96 Z. Which I drove till 2000. I kept every one of them till the wheels were about to fall off. I never had any major issue's with them. But man those tire's were pricey to replace.

And after one too many near death experience's coming home I broke down and got the GMC- Yukon. Living in the Dallas area with all the road construction... it got to the point I had to buy a truck big enough to fight back with!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    But man those tire's were pricey to replace.

Oh my gosh, I forgot about that. Yeah, they were a small fortune. Totally worth it to drive a Z, though. It was my first car love and I'll never get over it. Maybe they'll still be making them one day when my daughter is grown and I don't have to worry about carseats.

I know what you mean about your car being too small to fight back, too. I had a semi run up on the rear end of my Z at a stop light once.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    pinkieparrot - hope for the minivan. I know, I know...its a minivan, but, then again, its a minivan! - your friends can all pile in (you know they will) and head off, well, to wherever you young'ens go nowadays.
    I graduated high school in 1969 (I know, I know...I'm OLD), and all through school I drove our HUGE 1955 Ford station wagon. This was so long ago, seat belts weren't even invented yet (!) so we could squeeze up to 15-16 people in that thing. Also, gas was so cheap back then, everyone would contribute a quarter, and we'd be good to go. Aahh, the good old days.....must go clean my dentures now.....
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I graduated high school in 1969 (I know, I know...I'm OLD), and all through school I drove our HUGE 1955 Ford station wagon. This was so long ago, seat belts weren't even invented yet (!) so we could squeeze up to 15-16 people in that thing. Also, gas was so cheap back then, everyone would contribute a quarter, and we'd be good to go. Aahh, the good old days.....must go clean my dentures now.....
    Hey, you're not THAT old! When I was in high school (class of '72) I drove my dad's pickup...a 1956 Studebaker that was two-tone blue and had an automatic transmission. I drove that through part of college too, it was sooo much fun!
    My baby now is my '04 Pontiac Sunfire (silver) that I just got in May. Husband calls it the "chick-mobile".

Acura RSX Type - S, 6spd- Fully modified (been in shows and races)
    Nissan maxima SE, 5spd - daily driver

I'm 25 and into the asian sports cars, owned a hand-me down Buick during college and HS, never will own a Buick again - ugly and high maintainence.

Last edited by KevinG; 08-11-2004 at 03:52 PM.
    Not a fan of reality tv shows, only Big Brother.

*bump*
    I just bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Gallant for a Christmas present for myself. Here's what mine looks like.

Wow, pinkie! I'm shocked, you should hope for the Mini. As you get older (I assume you're young because the car's your mom's) you'll realize the mini is not about comfort or convenience -- it's about FUN. The thing is a blast, a real go-cart. That thing can corner at speed. And nothing holds residual value like that mini.

My vehicles are a 2003 Toyota Tundra Ltd. (Truck) and (shocker, see above ) a Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works Tuning kit and suspension: British Racing Green with White cap and chromed to the nines. Almost as fun as a motorbike. My bike is a BMW F650GS in Mandarin yellow, heated grips for the cool coastal mornings and abs. Hubby has the 1150GS in Mandarin also. But his can't go as many places off road as mine.
    home at last

+ Reply to Thread