+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Amen to that. Get an SUV with a third row of seats, or a pickup with a really soft mattress in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Amen to that. Get an SUV with a third row of seats, or a pickup with a really soft mattress in the back.
    Amen Muduh. I live in the country and have to have an SUV to get to my house in the wintertime anyway.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Having just rented a minivan to ferry my two sisters and two nieces and their car seats to a family reunion, I can understand why people buy them. I will just never own one myself.

I guess I'm just uncool. Minivans aren't any uglier than Suv's to me,and I like the room inside and storage. Of course I need neither, so I'll stick with my little pickup. I'll probably keep the truck, but I'm planning to buy a little gas sipping car to drive to work. I'll probably do that next fall.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Fort Member
    1969 MGB Convertable in British Racing green. I have had her for almost 20 years shes been pulled apart and put back together twice, had a new clutch, new gear box and a whole new spray job. The soft top has been patched a couple of times and she leaks a bit in the rain but come summer with the top off I cant imagine driving anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    1969 MGB Convertable in British Racing green. I have had her for almost 20 years shes been pulled apart and put back together twice, had a new clutch, new gear box and a whole new spray job. The soft top has been patched a couple of times and she leaks a bit in the rain but come summer with the top off I cant imagine driving anything else.
    Plus you can zip in to those parking places that no one else can get into.

Plymouth Voyager Mini Van..

I had the same car! Ah.....memories! Same color and everything. I washed that car every weekend. I finally sold it when we moved to Arizona for 3 years. The MG didn't have a/c, and the green with a black soft top was not the car to have in the desert. Not only was it hot, but being so low to the ground, you're closer to the black pavement, and everyone elses' exhaust pipes are blowing right into your face! Also, it had a tendency to run hot, so you'd have to turn the heater on to keep it from overheating! I loved that car, but it's definitely not the kind of car you'd want in 115 degree weather! When we moved back to California, I tried to find another one but to no avail. There is nothing like driving in beautiful weather with your top down -- on the car, that is! Ha ha!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Fort Member
    I'v never had much problem with it over heating my biggest pain is the heavy clutch. If I am in stop and go stop and go traffic my foot starts to ache.

I'v never had much problem with it over heating my biggest pain is the heavy clutch. If I am in stop and go stop and go traffic my foot starts to ache.
    Being in stop and go traffic with a clutch is not fun. But, I envy you tooling around in your MG. Whenever I see one, verrrrry seldom, I point it out to my daughter and say with pride, "I had one of those in British Racing Green!" And she says, begrudgingly, "I know, Mom." I think she's heard the story one too many times!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I drive a 1995 Toyota Coralla. I give it a 6. It's very dependable. Gets decent gas mileage. My 3 main problems are the color (ugly teal), the odor inside (my dad smoked cigars inside of it for several years before it become mine) and the brakes (you have to push them all the way down, which is kinda scary.

The car I really want is a Toyota Celica.

+ Reply to Thread