+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Hey........ where's the domestic love in this thread? All of these foreign cars.. sheesh!

I drive a 2003 Chevy Impala and love the bejeezus out of it. Trading it in later this year for a Cadillac CTS.
    I'm with you there. I have never driven a car without an American name. Of course we don't know where they were actually built, do we? I'm a die hard General Motors fan. Right now it's a Yukon a couple of years old. Plan to trade for a new Yukon in a few months.

I swear I've posted the car I drive somewhere. There must be a duplicate thread floating around here, deep in the bowels of General Discussion. Maybe we need to send Stargazer spelunking to see what she can dig up.

Anyway, as readers of my Precaps know, I drive a '97 Saturn SL2. Four-door. It's gray or silver or something. You can read about it in Precap #15 for Survivor:All-Stars. Or just imagine it in your head. That's probably better.

The kids get chauffeured around in a posh '02 VW Passat Wagon. Nicest car I've ever owned. It's black (and I said I'd NEVER buy another black car after I bought my first car, a '91 Mercury Tracer) with gray leather interior. And just an absolute sweet ride as far as driving technology goes. I mean, yeah, it's still a station wagon, but you don't think of that when you're driving. The three munchkins sit next to one another in the back seat and yammer all the way to wherever we go. It's a nice set-up.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Anyway, as readers of my Precaps know, I drive a '97 Saturn SL2. Four-door. It's gray or silver or something. You can read about it in Precap #15 for Survivor:All-Stars. Or just imagine it in your head. That's probably better.
    And here I thought it crashed into the ocean.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

They put it back together at no charge to me. They even reconstituted the shark-munched seat cushions.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    The kids get chauffeured around in a posh '02 VW Passat Wagon. Nicest car I've ever owned. It's black (and I said I'd NEVER buy another black car after I bought my first car, a '91 Mercury Tracer) with gray leather interior. And just an absolute sweet ride as far as driving technology goes. I mean, yeah, it's still a station wagon, but you don't think of that when you're driving. The three munchkins sit next to one another in the back seat and yammer all the way to wherever we go. It's a nice set-up.
    Damn. I'm jealous and That is a damned pretty station wagon. God, I wish I could trade my minivan for one.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm putting off buying a mini-van until I absolutely have to, AJ.

There is NO time when you have to buy a minivan, imo. Ever. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Boy, I hope you're right. I just keep thinking of my boys growing up into big husky brutes. I want to make sure there's enough leg room in the back for all those kids.

Having just rented a minivan to ferry my two sisters and two nieces and their car seats to a family reunion, I can understand why people buy them. I will just never own one myself.

I drive a 1993 Mazda MX-6 (made in the U.S.). I am thinking of trading it in for a new RX-8 later this year.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I just got a new sexy red rolling tip for my vehicle (cane). I LOVE it. Now I don't have to hear the annoying "tap tap tap" sound.

+ Reply to Thread