+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Happy New Year

MRD

Re: Happy New Year

You need some hair of the dog Buglover. Feel better.

I did not even have one drink last night. Hubby had a couple beers and I drank some diet coke. I have not imbibed since Christmas Day and then only had 1 mimosa. I've been going through a phase were nothing tastes good and alcohol gives me indigestion.
    Even at the couple of Christmas parties we went too, I drank diet coke instead of the alcohol. And sometimes being the only sober person at a party is NOT fun. Drunks do not nearly amuse you as much when you're sober as they do when you are also drunk.

Oh, I take that back, I had 2 spiked egg nogs on Christmas Eve.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3261541;
    Why can't January 1st be "wish day" and not New Year's Day, because I have several things I'd like to wish for today. I mean, winning the lottery is a wish, but most of wishes are actually much smaller in scope like I wish the living room was painted and I wish I could meet some friends that didn't turn out to be total nut jobs and I wish that I had a nice red sweater. You know, things like that.

How about half a nut job?

My hubby and I were watching Eagle Eye with Shia Leboeuf when midnight rolled around. It was 12:05 before I realized the year had turned and only did then because some kids down the road were shooting off bottle rockets and lord knows what else. My dogs went a little crazy at that.

Hope everyone had a very pleasant evening and best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. We're about to go to stepdaughter #1's house to have the traditional meal (no dimes in the black eyed peas though) and hopefully to play a little "Scene It" on the playstation.

Today in my part of Georgia it got up to 50 degrees, windy. Talk to you all later.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3261652;
    Today in my part of Georgia it got up to 50 degrees, windy. Talk to you all later.

send some of that my way, will ya?
    80 days until spring ... and you betcha i'm counting!

We got our butts kicked at work today. We sold over 200 lbs of ribs along with the accompanying kraut, mashed potatoes and gravy and cornbread. My greens (collard and turnip in one pot and mustard in the other) and black eyed peas were a hit. I make these just for employees and the few regular customers that are more like friends. I really enjoy getting someone to eat these that has never tried them. I've converted quite a few Yankees over the years. They look forward to it every year.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm a Yankee, Unk, and could eat nothing but greens for days on end! I'm going to have to make it to your restaurant one New Year's Day!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3261703;
    We got our butts kicked at work today. We sold over 200 lbs of ribs along with the accompanying kraut, mashed potatoes and gravy and cornbread. My greens (collard and turnip in one pot and mustard in the other) and black eyed peas were a hit. I make these just for employees and the few regular customers that are more like friends. I really enjoy getting someone to eat these that has never tried them. I've converted quite a few Yankees over the years. They look forward to it every year.
    Bless you and may you continue to do this good work for many, many, many years to come.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy New Year, everyone! (I'm new here)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3261532;
    Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin = Best New Year's coverage !!
    Kathy really was hilarious! Did you catch where her potty mouth got caught on the air when she was yelling at some guy in the crowd? Whoever thought of pairing her and A.C. up was a genius!

I was flipping back and forth between her and A.C. and Dick Clark's show!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

RealityTV Fan

This is the second year CNN has paired those two, and I hope it continues for years to come. They are just so funny together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789