+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year

MRD

Re: Happy New Year

Well I missed the party here last night.

Hubby got home around 8:00 pm, we had some snackies (I love capicola ham) and watched part of "That's Entertainment" (I love those old musicals. Nothing today compares) and then "We Were Soldiers" and at 11:40 he went to bed!!!!

I asked him if he couldn't stay up 20 more minutes and he said no. So I went to bed and turned on the tv and watched the ball drop (MSNBC, I was so sad watching Dick Clark last year I couldn't watch him this year, but glad to hear he's doing better. I have been watching him since I was 10 I guess if he's been doing this 36 years!) and then woke him up to say Happy New Year's.

This house is so insulated we did not hear the fireworks, so Rosie was fine. Took the dogs outside about 10 pm, she heard some and poof! back in the house she ran. But once back inside you really couldn't hear them.

So sorry I missed it on FORT, but Happy New Year to everyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yep ... i'm getting old.

I went to bed early, too. I was beat. The only reason I didn't miss it was my daughter was in the living room, right outside my bedroom, doing the count down. Hers was a little different, though. "3-2-1-Happy Birthday!"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3261377;
    I went to bed early, too. I was beat. The only reason I didn't miss it was my daughter was in the living room, right outside my bedroom, doing the count down. Hers was a little different, though. "3-2-1-Happy Birthday!"
    Happy Birthday to little dagwood.

My daughter used to get so mad because I'd tell her it wasn't actually her birthday until 9:40 p.m. on that day as that's what time she was born.

OK, I usually don't make resolutions as I find that I don't keep them, but I am vowing this year to make a valiant effort to not let the turkeys of this world get to me. I have to deal with one at work, one that is a client of my husband's and a few misc. ones elsewhere. I'm going to learn to be very zen and shrug it off or learn from it. Something anyway.

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a prosperous, healthy, happy year filled with good times.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3261320;
    i'm such a dork ... either that or i'm finally getting old. i was bored with stuff online so i went to watch some tv, and promptly fell asleep and slept RIGHT THROUGH MIDNIGHT.
    Oh, that almost happened to me last year. But we were at a family friend's house, and everyone woke me up. I was out cold for awhile though.

I went to bed early but kept the tv on ... dozed on and off for a while and woke up about 11:55. Got a Happy New Years text message from the ex. That was my exciting evening. Ended up doing some housework this morning because my internet connection wasn't working. Darned Verizon! Was going to give it one more try before calling them, and it worked this time! Yay! Guess someone was telling me I needed to clean before I played!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and wonderful 2009.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin = Best New Year's coverage !!

MRD

Why can't January 1st be "wish day" and not New Year's Day, because I have several things I'd like to wish for today. I mean, winning the lottery is a wish, but most of wishes are actually much smaller in scope like I wish the living room was painted and I wish I could meet some friends that didn't turn out to be total nut jobs and I wish that I had a nice red sweater. You know, things like that.

We had a pretty quiet night. We drank and by 3am I had the worst headache I think I've ever had in my life!! I finally fell asleep but it was a fitful sleep so I'm pretty hung over today. Oh well! Happy New Year!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread