+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year

Re: Happy New Year

It's -37C with windchill and snowing. Highways are awful. My sweetie is still sick and won't be here for New Years. So I'm alone tonight.

I will cuddle with my beloved Gracie, Mr. Tootles and Bella in his absence . I may make a fire in the fireplace and have a little drinky=poo. It's freezing in the house and outside.

Not going out until next year. Then my family is gathering at Mom and Dads for board games and a freezer potluck!

*Stay warm, stay safe and don't drink and drive! *
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-31-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i have some kahlua and skim milk in the fridge (i don't like cream or half&half).

and mrd, we're in the same timezone, so we can celebrate together

I started poking around in the fridge to see what needed to be used up. I made up a mess of swiss chard and roasted some red and yellow peppers with a heel of rye bread drizzled with olive oil and put them together with goat cheese for a sort of bruschetta. I haven't been out since I went to the Y this morning. I don't know if I'm going to make it anywhere near midnight. Maybe I'll set the alarm just to come here and see who's tootin' their horn.
    Count your blessings!

We were planning on going to a combination birthday/New Years party tonight but my husband came home from work this afternoon sick as a dog, so he's snoring on the couch and I guess I'll be online or curled up with a good book. I'm not that disappointed though. The birthday party is for my hubby's boss and while I like him, I can't stand his wife. Being the bosses wife, however, I have to control my often unruly mouth and bite my tongue when she pops off with one of her snide, catty remarks. It's probably best that I don't drink around her.

We are staying in tonight as well. It is so cold out and at midnight the windchills will be -15 to -25. No way would I go out when it is that cold. We also had about a foot of snow today so all the more reason to stay inside.

My granddaughter is sleeping over and is all excited because she wants to see the fireworks on TV and watch the ball drop in Times Square. (She's five.)

We are going to make little franks in biscuits and have nachos and salsa. Her favourites!

BFD, I am going to have a sombrero or three tonight as well! Yum!

Happy New Year to all. Stay safe!

I'll be in bed by 11 to get up at 5 a.m. to work tomorrow. So Happy New Year everyone!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Happy new year Unk! You give Zac a big hug from all of us the next time you see him, ok?

Will do Lois. I'll see him Friday when I go to clinic with him. I just talked to him. He's staying up "partying" with his dad and step mom. I asked him if he had any beer and he chuckled.

So DH finished the jack daniels. I polished off the volka and the only one left is the rum which we may not get to.

happy 2009 everyone!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3261184;
    Will do Lois. I'll see him Friday when I go to clinic with him. I just talked to him. He's staying up "partying" with his dad and step mom. I asked him if he had any beer and he chuckled.
    I love it! He has your sense of humor, too! Bless him!

+ Reply to Thread