+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year

Re: Happy New Year

I have stayed home now for years because of my panic disorder and assuming everyone on the road is drunk on New Year's Eve!! I put my pajamas on and we have a little champagne, stay up to count down and go right to sleep before the headache from the booze kicks in!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3258768;
    I'll be making a mess of greens at the restaurant ojust for the staff. I'll also make a pot of black eyed peas. Putting a dime in the pot of black eyed peas is a southern tradition. I'm surprised you've never heard of it bama. A Pot To Black-eyed Pea In :: The Memphis Flyer :: Food Feature :: Food & Wine
    There was actually only 2 other people in my meeting that had ever heard of it!

Still don't think it will be a tradition I will start...my son would never eat black eyed peas again if he found something in them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3258980;
    Still don't think it will be a tradition I will start...my son would never eat black eyed peas again if he found something in them!
    I've never heard of the dime thing either. but I always eat my black eyed peas on New Years! My husband (imported from California ) does not care for black eyed peas but I think he might be a little more interested if I hid a coin in the peas!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Well the event I was to work on New Year's Eve has been cancelled (and there goes my big paycheck as well), so I will be doing what I always do and stay home and watch tv and comfort Rosie who doesn't like fireworks.

I never heard of the dime thing either. My luck, someone would swallow it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well Happy 2009 to everyone! Sorry to hear your job fell through MRD. That makes me wonder if I should work NYE. Usually they call at the last minute looking for a driver for a bunch of drunks and I turn them down. But it might be a way to bring in some money...gotta think about that one..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3259120;
    . . . I never heard of the dime thing either. My luck, someone would swallow it.
    Just what I was thinking! Or, in my case, bite down on it and crack a tooth. Which would be good luck for my dentist . . . (but he's not a Dixian, either, so that wouldn't make sense)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

We won't be going out on NYE. Mr. Lane and I will go out for a nice dinner. Have it narrowed down to sushi, Indian or Mexican... Any of those would be delicious! We'll spend New Year's Day with family and enjoy eating more food. It's going to be great!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, we can do NYE through osmosis, MRD! I want a Bloody Mary to start, then a pina colada, and a beer. I love them all and might decide to have 2 of one of them. And of course the morning will be for mimosas! And in all probability, I might actually have a beer.

MRD

I was watching some cooking show (no one I've ever heard of before and I watch food network all the time) and she was making bloody mary's and had a whole "bar" of things to add in instead of the traditional celery stick and I was thinking just how good that all looked and sounded.

Well, I will probably have a glass of wine or two and that will be the extent of my celebrating this year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bloody Mary's sound very good...... I'm tired of champagne or sparkling wine...had it all Christmas Eve and day. Hubby really likes them as well, maybe we'll toast with some Blood this year!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread