+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas 2008

Re: Merry Christmas 2008

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I was not in the mood or spirit for much of the lead-up, but yesterday turned out to be very nice. I went to my mom's along with my aunt, sons and daughter (in-law), younger sister and her husband and son. We enjoyed a nosh table like you would not believe (shrimp, cheeses, crackers, dips, fruits, veggies, etc.) along with the promised mimosas.

We had done a gift exchange for the first time this year, and everyone had a hard time with it. The limit was $25, but no one stuck to it. My two special presents were a wedding photo book (their official photographer totally messed them over-they just received the proofs from their May wedding) and a picture that I'd had done of my two oldest when I was pregnant with the third. I remember in Feb finding this picture and it was cracked and ruined and I "lost it" then. Well, unknown to me, my oldest and his fiance took it home with them, they had it fixed, and gave it back to me in a wonderful frame. I cried at both of those presents.

I think the most fun was sitting around the piano singing Christmas carols. My youngest, who seems to hate to sing these days, even joined in. My mom, who felt she had to stay in the kitchen, even sang from there. As a secret Santa, I got G Certs from Bob Evans for my mom and aunt and put them under their plates. They didn't find them until midway through the meal. It was precious. I hope all your visits were as magical as mine!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3257697;
    My mom, who felt she had to stay in the kitchen, even sang from there.
    Oh my goodness--that is the cutest thing ever! I love gifts like the restored photograph. I remember on one Mother's Day, I had a photo of my maternal grandmother (who had passed away long before I was born) restored, blown up and framed. My mother loved it.

Our Christmas was really nice. Quiet, low key and just the right amount of festivities/gifts.

MINOR VENTING AHEAD
    MRD, I can't believe that woman wanted your husband wanted to work on Christmas day. That reminds me of some neighbors we have who NEVER shovel their driveway/sidewalks. They're so lazy their garage is still full of boxes from when they moved in THREE years ago. They'll always wait until someone is shoveling (usually my husband) and beg them to shovel their walkway/driveway, too, 'cause they're now stuck in the snow. They're both women--but around my age or a few years younger. I'm thinking, they could go out and shovel, or buy a snowblower or hire one of the neighborhood kids who would GLADLY shovel their whole walkway/driveway for them for $10. But they're cheap and lazy so they don't. If they were senior citizens, it wouldn't even be an issue--we'd go over and automatically shovel for them. I LIKE doing things like that. But if I'm outside shoveling, they can go out and shovel, too! We've actually got a few neighbors who clearly should not be homeowners since they don't like mowing their lawns in the summer or shoveling in the winter. I'm like, "Why did you buy a house instead of a condo or townhouse then?" It just doesn't make sense to me.

MRD

Well Lois, this is the same woman that ruined my party a few weeks ago and several things have happened in the meantime and I've figured out she HAS to be the center of attention whether it's good or bad attention. I figured yesterday she was lonely and was sitting around thinking of who she could get to come over and tried my husband who told her no. She is one of his clients, she is not his "boss", she is a nutjob and I'm so proud of him for turning her down. Had she not been so horrible at my party, I might have felt sorry for her and invited her to Christmas dinner, but she is NEVER coming back to my house again and if that makes me a not very giving person on Christmas, then so be it.

Famita, that sounds like a great day. I love to sing and we have a piano, but no one can play it. I took for 8 years and have a song list of 3 songs I can play, none of which are Christmas songs. But your day sounded marvelous. I'm so glad it did.

I'm now ready to get the tree and other decorations down. It's over and I want it completely over. We have a cocktail party tonight, but I'm not staying late because tomrrow I want to get up early and put everything back in the basement and be ready to start the New Year off and not have to worry about cleaning the leftover Christmas stuff up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3257648;
    What fun! Start searching out recipes you want to try and just keep them out on the counter until you hit 300 lbs.
    So excited! I've already started eyeballing some of the fun little attachments for it. Ice cream is my weakness and I really want to pick up that "extra".

I had a great day yesterday. I started out at my daughter's house for breakfast with her family. Here's Gabe her stepson and the newest addition to the Unk family, Blake.

Then I picked Zac up at his mom's to take back to my son's house to open up his presents.

And to play with the Wii I got him.

I was back over there today as we had chemo at the hospital today, lunch at Dairy Queen then more game playing.

Sounds like a fabulous Chrismas, Unk!

Yea!! I'm glad Zac had a good Christmas! The Wii is major fun. We don't have one but my neighbor does and it was fun to play with it. to Zac!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Great pictures Unk! Love the one of you holding Blake. Zac is looking good. Blessings to your family in the new year.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Fabulous pictures Unk. You are blessed with some great grand kids there.
    So glad Zac enjoyed the Wii. How surprised was he??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Unk. You have a great looking family there! Here's hoping you and Zac enjoy playing with the Wii for a LONG, LONG time!!!

+ Reply to Thread