+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas 2008

Re: Merry Christmas 2008

The Yule Log has been on since 6am!! It's definitely Christmas!
    Yup, with donuts!!

We woke up to snow! Just enough to dust the landscape. We just had breakfast pizza(egg, cheese, chicken apple sausage and pesto) and are drinking mimosas, listening to a nice Christmas mix that includes portions of The Nutcracker, Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas, brass Christmas music, Charlie Brown's Christmas, and some surf tunes. Gift opening is coming up soon. It is nice to read what you are all doing on such a special day!

My godson and his brother absolutely loved the big wheel and the new bike! I'm so happy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

What a day. I woke up at 4, finally went back to sleep and the 17 year old woke us up at 6:30-you'd think at this age, they'd sleep in, but NOOOOOO. Hubby was up and down all night with upset tummy. But we got up, had a nice breakfast, a few mimosas, opened gifts and then all went back to bed.
    I have to say it has been a nice day and I hope that everyone else has had a nice one as well.

The only fly in the ointment is a pest that I'm having to deal with that has also employed my husband and she called today wanting him to fix something and thankfully he told her no. We have guests coming for dinner and he said he could do it tomorrow. She is a real piece of work and tries just about anything to get attention (she's the one that ruined my party a couple weeks ago).

And Newf and Unk will be HAPPY to know that I got a Gator's afgan, so I will have something to wrap up in on Jan. 8 when the Gator's stomp OK for the national championship.

I got 2 books I wanted so I've spent most of the day reading when I wasn't cleaning up or cooking.

And the sun finally came out and it's gorgeous outside. In the 60's and just nice. That was the best gift as we've had almost constant rain and gloomly skies for 2 weeks.

My daughter also painted me an absolutely GORGEOUS wooden serving tray and I can't wait to use it. I'll try to post pics soon.

The dogs have been ecstatic and are alseep with full bellies and dreaming of all the chew toys Santa brought.

Now it's full speed ahead for New Year's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas, all.

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a really relaxing day, which was exactly what I needed. My parents gave me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, which I've admired from afar for years, so that was exciting, and also a mini Cuisinart food processor, so I feel like I'm in business for the new year! (Once I figure out where I'm going to store everything, of course--the pitfalls of a New York apartment).

I hope everyone had a great day, celebrating or not!

The dinner at my son and daughter in law's was wonderful. There ended up being a total of 13 people there (which was quite a bit for their little place but nobody seemed to mind). Food was great, company was good, and her Uncle did all the dishes! Couldn't ask for much better than that.
    Hope everyone is home safe and happy and warm.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3257573;
    Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a really relaxing day, which was exactly what I needed. My parents gave me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, which I've admired from afar for years, so that was exciting, and also a mini Cuisinart food processor, so I feel like I'm in business for the new year! (Once I figure out where I'm going to store everything, of course--the pitfalls of a New York apartment).

I hope everyone had a great day, celebrating or not!
    What fun! Start searching out recipes you want to try and just keep them out on the counter until you hit 300 lbs.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I just got a stand mixer a few months ago and love it. I have a rolling kitchen cabinet and keep it on that. It has made baking SO much easier.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread