+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas 2008

Re: Merry Christmas 2008

It's officially Christmas in Dixie too! Happy Holidays Y'all!

We just returned from my parents' house where we had our traditional Christmas Eve curry dinner and opened gifts My family will be here for turkey/dressing/etc. tomorrow, but we are pretty much ready for that.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that everyone is safe and warm and spending time with loved ones this most special time of year.

Happy Holidays!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

The traditional oplatki here, followed by kielbasa and pierogi!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Happy Holidays to my FORT family......may your holidays be relaxing and filled with the love of family and friends (both furry and human!).
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It's 3:30 AM and I've just now finished all my wrapping. It was just the kids and I tonight eating stuffed shells and shrimp and going to midnight mass and driving around looking at eveyone's Christmas lights.
    CYA

Good Christmas morning all! I got up early as usual but am not allowed to wake the kids until 9, so I stuffed the stockings and watched a little news. The wind is HOWLING outside. Hundreds of people have lost their power because of it. We just can't seem to catch a break. I have power now, but my barn door is banging like crazy (on sliding rollers) so I'm mentally prepared to deal with it if we lose our power. My daughter got home safely last night (thanks for your prayers!) and we had a simple but delicious dinner of roast chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, peas, and garlic cheese bread. We each opened a present as is our Ch. eve custom and watched Elf together. I'm soaking it all in as it may be our last Christmas with them all together. Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Count your blessings!

We had a lovely Christmas Eve (main celebration last night as my daughter and her BF are heading to his dads for today) - although her BF grandmother ended up in the hospital yesterday and they want to keep her for a couple days. Very hard to have a family member in the hosp over the holidays.
    BF was with her most of the day but did manage to get over after she was asleep for the night. I felt bad for my daughter - the hospital is on the local AF base and she wasn't allowed there anyhow - and she would rather have been with him.

but, it was a lovely evening, my son is home for a week, and it will be a nice weekend with everyone home again.

Hug your loved ones especially tight.

Marry Christmas, everyone!

I spent last evening with a friend and his mother, and their Eve tradition is spaghetti and sausage. It was delicious, and we had 3 kinds of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, cooked to the perfect middleground between mushy and crunchy.

Then they opened their presents (I opted out of the Christmas gift frenzy some years ago, for many reasons). They cheated and gave me a gift (as did the neighbor)...ARGHHHH. We all give each other non-obligatory gifts all year round. Now I'm fighting the "oh no, so-and-so gave me a gift, now I have to give them one", but I am holding my ground. One of my reasons is the regifting fiasco, and sure enough, my friend almost regifted to the same person this year (LOL). And, he got the same gift again from the same person (LOL * 2). So now he has 2 of a kind.

Today we're going to have turkey with the traditional trimmings, devilled eggs, salad and assorted sweets including a neighbor's chocolate pecan pie.

Usually I make a couple pumpkin pies, but didn't suggest it and found out they don't really like pumpkin pie that much.

I hope everyone has a great day and season, no matter what the traditions are!

Merry Christmas Everyone. Have a wonderful holiday season and a very happy new year!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Happy Christmas everyone!

The Messiah is playing in the background. Christmas is officially here.

For the first time in three years I decorated. Bought a tree and dug all the trimmings out of storage. So, except for the traditional foods the Swedish side of my family brought to the table, I am hanging onto the warmth of Christmas Past and rolling with the feeling.

Today I am planning on a steak and potato meal, because that is what I've been craving. Non-traditional, but I hope it will be lovely. (That is, if I don't burn the steak and under cook the potato.)

I wish all here at Fort the warmest of holidays; with extra emphasis on warmth. Stay safe and dry.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread