+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Merry Christmas 2008

Re: Merry Christmas 2008

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3257717;
    I'm now ready to get the tree and other decorations down. It's over and I want it completely over.
    I felt the same way so this morning I took it all down, packed it up, put it back in storage, vacuumed, and now I can relax without having to think about it again until late next year!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

MRD

Well I have it all down except for the 2 trees. It's in totes in the living room waiting for someone to carry it to the basement. The trees will be down by tonight or tomorrow. I am also doing MASSIVE laundry. I don't know how I managed to let it get this backed up other than we were hugely busy, had a houseguest for a week, went through lots of extra towels and table linens and sheets because honestly, there weren't that many clothes in the laundry, but I still had about 5 loads.

The outside decorations have to stay up as it's raining, they are wet and I can't pack them away until they dry out. I hope to say by Mon. or Tues., that it's all put up for another year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I never did get my "tree" fully decorated. I've cleaned up the paper, and bows and such, but everything stays up until after Ukrainian Christmas, on Jan 7th. I could keep lights up all year though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3258248;
    Well I have it all down except for the 2 trees. It's in totes in the living room waiting for someone to carry it to the basement. The trees will be down by tonight or tomorrow. I am also doing MASSIVE laundry. I don't know how I managed to let it get this backed up other than we were hugely busy, had a houseguest for a week, went through lots of extra towels and table linens and sheets because honestly, there weren't that many clothes in the laundry, but I still had about 5 loads.

The outside decorations have to stay up as it's raining, they are wet and I can't pack them away until they dry out. I hope to say by Mon. or Tues., that it's all put up for another year.
    My goodness you've been busy! I know what you mean about laundry...it's just Mr. Lane and me and I still find myself doing laundry 2x per week--with a minimum of 2 loads (usually closer to 3 loads) each of those times. It's unreal! Oy!

We leave our decorations up until the first week of the new year. And then everything gets packed away and stored away until next December.

We bought a holiday rosemary plant for the window sill (shaped like a Christmas tree) and it smells great but the thing sheds like the dickens! (And I water it every day like you're supposed to.) Ironically, the rosemary plant we had in our garden this summer--and then transplanted into an indoor pot for the winter--is doing great and needs only a minimal amount of care. I love having rosemary around. The husband and I are roasting a small turkey today just for ourselves and it was such a treat to be able to use fresh rosemary! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...the house smells so good. And I'm almost looking forward to making turkey soup with the bones and neck later than eating the actual roasted turkey! I love to make that and then freeze some for when we're sick and I'm too tired to cook!

A friend gave me paperwhite bulbs that are flowering now. Pee Yew! Does anyone like the smell of paperwhites? My kids keep asking me to throw it away, but they are so pretty! And they were a gift!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Lois, quit waterig the Rosemary tree. My rosemary plant likes to be ignored and also likes fairly dry soil.

I'm with you though, nothing beats being able to use fresh Rosemary
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3258351;
    Lois, quit waterig the Rosemary tree. My rosemary plant likes to be ignored and also likes fairly dry soil.
    The stupid instructions that came with it said to water it every day. Clearly that's not working so I'm going to try your method!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3258345;
    A friend gave me paperwhite bulbs that are flowering now. Pee Yew! Does anyone like the smell of paperwhites? My kids keep asking me to throw it away, but they are so pretty! And they were a gift!
    I love paperwhites and plant a bowl of bulbs every year. I don't mind the smell, but Mr. Doxie hates it. They don't flower (or smell) for very long and I've never had any luck with transplanting the bulbs into the yard. So - enjoy their beauty for a little longer and then toss them!

Lois There is a recipe for "Rosemary Cashews" in the Food & Lifestyle Thread. It is easy and yummy and a great way to use that fresh rosemary.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread