+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gifts for co-workers

Re: Christmas gifts for co-workers

I love their Belgium chocolates that they carry every year. My MIL loves them and we always buy a huge box to send to her with BIL. They are only 10 bucks and really yummy! This year they have flavor infused vodkas. Tahitian vanilla vodka from TJ's is the best thing ever! It has real vanilla bean in it and it really goes well with everything.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I always go with Fat Bastard wine. It's not too expensive, tastes good and everyone LOVES the name and you can get it at the grocery store.

Toasted Head isn't bad either and neither is Toad Hollow. I like the funky names and labels. And most people I've given these too seem to like both the name, label and how the wine tastes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3249454;
    I always go with Fat Bastard wine. It's not too expensive, tastes good and everyone LOVES the name and you can get it at the grocery store.

Toasted Head isn't bad either and neither is Toad Hollow. I like the funky names and labels. And most people I've given these too seem to like both the name, label and how the wine tastes.
    Fat Bastard!!! Oh, that would be so perfect for one of the Captains here, he actually refers to himself as the original "fat bastard".

Wish we had a Trader Joes within a 100 miles of me - anybody know if there is one in Atlanta?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

Eliz. I get Fat Bastard at Publix and I know you have those there. It's great stuff and everyone loves the name.

Rattus, that's interesting about the good and not so good gifts. I LOVE to get flavored coffee gifts. It's a treat I don't normally spend on myself and when I've gotten a coffee gift set, I've loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3249454;

Here is one to accompany it. I think this, paired with Fat Bastard, would make for an amusing party.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3249469;
    Here is one to accompany it. I think this, paired with Fat Bastard, would make for an amusing party.
    I've seen that one before but haven't tried it.

I think I will get a bottle of both for the little party I'm hosting on Sat. because it will be a hoot! Thanks for the reminder Missy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3249468;
    Rattus, that's interesting about the good and not so good gifts. I LOVE to get flavored coffee gifts. It's a treat I don't normally spend on myself and when I've gotten a coffee gift set, I've loved it.
    I guess the thing here is we have downstairs two Timothy's Coffees of the World, several Tim Hortons, a few Starbucks and some independent places, plus we are all forever getting gift cards for Starbucks from various places for some reason (I, a non-drinker of coffee, personally have $40 worth of cards sitting in my end table drawer). Apparently coffee of all sorts is as common as water 'round these here parts so it's not much appreciated as a gift.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I say gas cards or gift cards to grocery stores. Everyone needs to put gas in their cars and they need to eat.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3249501;
    I say gas cards or gift cards to grocery stores. Everyone needs to put gas in their cars and they need to eat.
    Yeah, Mr. Rattus got a $50 gift card for Petrocan one year from a client and that was the happiest I've ever seen him about one of these work related gifts.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3249498;
    I guess the thing here is we have downstairs two Timothy's Coffees of the World, several Tim Hortons, a few Starbucks and some independent places, plus we are all forever getting gift cards for Starbucks from various places for some reason (I, a non-drinker of coffee, personally have $40 worth of cards sitting in my end table drawer). Apparently coffee of all sorts is as common as water 'round these here parts so it's not much appreciated as a gift.
    I can understand that then. Coffee isn't as prevalent in Florida as it is in colder climes. But I do notice that there are more coffee shops here in SC than we used to see in Florida.

Pass those gift cards along. In fact, if you don't use them, donate them to a homeless shelter. I am such a sucker, that I buy coffee for some of the homeless I encounter when I'm downtown.

I'm being an ungrateful witch today as I got a gift in the mail and it's something I already have. I mean, it was very nice of the person to send me something and I am grateful for their friendship and the thought, but now I'm stuck with 2 of something and I only need one and it's not something easy to regift either. I actually wish she hadn't sent me anything at all. I'm suggesting next year we do not exchange gifts. Is that ungrateful? I'm just so tired of the rat race of shopping and gifts period this year when really, I'd much rather just spend time with friends, but that's hard too as most of them now live in another state.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-11-2008 at 06:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast