+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scared of Santa

Re: Scared of Santa

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3246057;
    So did you ever get to go see Santa, Gabriel?

I have a newspaper clipping of me sitting in Santa's lap at about 4 years old. I have no idea why the newspaper published it, but it was at the VFW Christmas party which my dad belonged too. I am smiling in the photo.

I should dig out the photo where I took Rosie and Bogie to see Santa. Bogie is scared of his own shadow and while he looks ok in the photo, he peed in the mall.

They are doing that here this year and I toyed with the idea of taking Waldo for a photo, but then remembered I have to get him there. I think he's probably more afraid of the car than he is of Santa.
    I'll have to ask my Mom, but after that I highly doubt it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I was scared to death of Santa when I was little. I maintain to this day that I had good reasoning. What other time of year do parents FORCE their children to go sit on some strange old man's lap and tell them what they want him to give them? Its freaking bizarre to me. Still, I went through the motions with my own daughter (rather reluctantly) and she thought he was great. Last year I discovered my stepson is afraid of the old elf. I told him that he doesn't have to have any dealings with Santa if he doesn't want to. Humph.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I've always been leery of grown men who choose to dress up in a disguise and have random children sit on their laps!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well I can imagine that if I were that young and was put on that stranger's lap, I would just like those little kids.

MRD

It's funny how times have changed. 40 years ago when my parents took me to see Santa, none of these issues about a strange man, strangers, children, etc. would have been brought up at all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3253998;
    It's funny how times have changed. 40 years ago when my parents took me to see Santa, none of these issues about a strange man, strangers, children, etc. would have been brought up at all.
    Hey, I'm 25 and I don't recall any of these issues either. Kind of sad, in a way, that it comes to this.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3254013;
    Hey, I'm 25 and I don't recall any of these issues either. Kind of sad, in a way, that it comes to this.
    I think so too Missy. Kind of like trick or treating has gotten to be at Halloween. Some of my favorite memories as a kid are now just that, memories, as it's not possible to let our children have the freedoms I had growing up in a small town in the 60's and 70's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234