+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    ...I got a deferment on nubile student loans...
    What's a nubile student loan?
    I'd never heard the term before, so I did a Google search -- and all that came up were links to "naughty sites"
    I'm thinking that in college, I didn't explore anywhere near all the financial aid possibilities...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I have no idea. Auto correct on my phone did that. I sometimes love my auto correct and I sometimes hate it.

Well the bad news is that I cannot go back to school in August. That $1400 is Pell Grant money that needs to be repaid and therefore, even setting up a payment plan on it, I can't reapply for it again for 6 months. I'm reqesting a hearing as it's a mistake the school made, but honestly, I doubt it will make much difference. Or at least that is what my financial aid advisor told me. I need that 2500 for tuition as the loan amount I get won't cover my tuition and books in the new online program and as I will be out of state, it definetly won't cover out of state tuition at a local college and it does look like we will be in Alabama before the end of July.

So January is the earliest I can go back. But I got a lot accomplished and it's now just a matter of paying off the government and waiting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Maybe it would be a good idea, then, to look into some sort of "nubile student" financial aid. From what I found on the Google search, it seems as there would be a good amount of money in it!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea, then, to look into some sort of "nubile student" financial aid. From what I found on the Google search, it seems as there would be a good amount of money in it!
    LOL

There is nothing nubile about me. so that's out as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Major bummer, MRD. I'm behind and am just seeing this now about the fall semester but I have my fingers crossed that everything works out smoothly for the spring semester.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    It is so encouraging to hear others talk about their struggles and successes in regards to going back to school. My greatest inspiration is my mother. At 48 she decided to go to college for the first time and now seven years later has a bachelors and just completed her masters. I'm about to enter the masters program in the fall and very nervous but I know it will be worth it in the end.
    Great story about your Mom, RC, and congrats to you and Missy and Kao and everyone else heading back in the fall. Looking forward to hearing updates if you guys have time.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I haven't posted here in a long time (though I still read recaps and interviews from time to time), but I remembered this thread and wanted to come back for an update. In a little more than a month, I will finally be graduating with a B.S. in Psychology (concentration in perceptual brain sciences) from CSU. In the fall of 2013, I'll hopefully be starting graduate school for Cognitive Neuroscience somewhere close. I'm working for a year first to have time to study for my tests and graduate school applications. Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone so that if you're trying to go back to school or in the midst of going back-there is an end eventually! I'm excited to be finishing up and I wish all of you the best of luck in your own endeavors.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Good for you, Stargazer! I've missed reading your missives!

+ Reply to Thread