+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Thanks! I'm especially proud of myself because I had some hard classes last semester, and it looks like next semester is going to be just as hard.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Way to go, Little Bit!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Way to go! What a wonderful way to start/lighten the Christmas Break!

It's wonderful to read about all of you who are in college, working so hard. I remember doing that also. I was 40 years old, knew a divorce was going to happen so I went back to get my Masters. Had to re-take the GRE that I had passed 15 years ago, studied Algebra all summer, took it and passed again. Going to college as a mature adult is so different than when we were young....learning is so much more enjoyable.
    Congratulations to all of you who are students!!
    Although I'm still seriously grateful that I'll never have to take a final again!!

Kao

I just got an "acceptance" email from my #1 (well, only one) choice for Grad School! I'm still in shock and seriously wondering should I shoot a email back saying "ARE YOU SURE!?"

Fantastic Kao!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Congratulatins, Kao!!! What field is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I just got an "acceptance" email from my #1 (well, only one) choice for Grad School! I'm still in shock and seriously wondering should I shoot a email back saying "ARE YOU SURE!?"
    Congratulations! We can't learn too much or have too many degrees (just need more money to pay for it all ) What are you going for?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Kao

Design. I did my undergrad in Visual Communications, the school is really competitive, and I finished my application packet (which contained my statement of purpose, 12 portfolio pieces AND one of my references dropped out at the last minute and I had to find another one because the school wanted 3! :shock) right on the deadline date and fully expected to get a "Thanks for applying but GURL, BYE!" letter at the end of March! To be honest, I'm still in shock...especially since I checked online and it still says "Decision Pending--Manual Review Required" and when I went to the Open House they said that they generally let people know by the end of March! But the email is from the department head and is CCed to the head of admissions as well as the department coordinator, so it HAS to be true...right?

*is scared that some sort of mistake was made*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Design. I did my undergrad in Visual Communications, the school is really competitive, and I finished my application packet (which contained my statement of purpose, 12 portfolio pieces AND one of my references dropped out at the last minute and I had to find another one because the school wanted 3! :shock) right on the deadline date and fully expected to get a "Thanks for applying but GURL, BYE!" letter at the end of March! To be honest, I'm still in shock...especially since I checked online and it still says "Decision Pending--Manual Review Required" and when I went to the Open House they said that they generally let people know by the end of March! But the email is from the department head and is CCed to the head of admissions as well as the department coordinator, so it HAS to be true...right?

*is scared that some sort of mistake was made*
    HAS to be true---think of the lawsuit they'd be open to if it wasn't! Enjoy your celebration!
    But if the computer comment doesn't change soon I'd check with someone---if you aren't in the computer you'd still be IN, but it might hold up various aspects of processing, notifying you when YOU have to accept THEM (or lose the offer), etc.

+ Reply to Thread