+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Congratulations Yardgnome!!

Good luck QueenB. I know you'll do great in school.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Congrats to all here like Yardgnome and QueenB who have either graduated or are going on to school.
    Great achievement. Be very proud of yourselves!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Congratulations Yardgnome! What an amazing feat!

Good luck QueenB!

I just took my last final today, so this semester is history!

I've got 5 whole days off before summer semester starts!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Lil Bit, enjoy your 5 days! But congrats on completing the last semester.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've got to go until June 9th, then will have 16 days off--thank You, God. I'm still doing well, but had harder classes this time. I'm taking fairly easy stuff over the summer other than Math, but will be starting something totally different this fall; since I couldn't get into my Algebra and Chemistry to compete them by June, I will have to wait and apply for my Veterinary Tech classes for Fall 2011; they only start the program once a year. So, while I am 'treading water', I'm going to start classes so I can try to earn a Bioscience degree at the same time; even the Biology I'm taking right now is HARD but I like it; hopefully I'm smart enough to make it through Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, MORE math, etc... I think with the two degrees I could maybe do something really interesting in the animal health field (but NO research that involves tormenting any animals!) and should certainly be qualified to work in a veterinary lab as well as just nursing the animals.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Sounds like a good plan Queenb. You can do it. You are def. smart enough. But if you run into trouble, check with the school about tutoring. Mine offers it free. And then there are students who do it on the side for a price.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You can definitely do it, queenb. Like rosie said, find a tutor if you have any problems.

I graduated with my associates of arts degree last night. I wasn't going to go through the ceremony because I'm planning on getting my B.S. in two more years, but my husband talked me into it. I'm glad he did because it was nice to see some sort of recognition for two years of hard work. I graduated magna cum laude.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Good job Stargazer. And QueenB - a little extra eduction certainly can help these days.
    I took a short schedule this quarter (daughter's wedding in 5 weeks and a little stressful as I am her main support perseon - $ and a lot of doing it ourselves). But I have signed up for 3 classes during the summer. My business is really slow so I can manage - and if it sets me up with work picking up - GOOD!!. Taking College Algebra (I have found I am loving the math classes) , Accounting (which amazingly enough I don't HAVE to take for my Associate in Accounting as I had the classses 10 yrs ago - but I want to take anyhow). and an english comp. I decided to pull all the math/accounting classes up front in hopes I may find something earlier that will use those skills before I actually finish. I have a wealth of experience behind me in that area, but need the refresher.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Congrats Stargazer!

Good luck to Queenb and schmoo. Me... I HATE anything math related and am doing whatever is in my power to avoid it. I only have 2 classes this summer, Payroll Accounting and Medical Terminology. Plus a short 1 credit required class called, "Time and Stress Management." All are online though, and that saves me a couple of hours on the road every day, so it will seem like a vacation after all.

+ Reply to Thread