+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

MRD

Re: Starting College or Going Back

The "letter to the editor" person in me that has been hibernating for several years is now about to resurface. I'm writing a letter to the dean and the professor and if that doesn't do it, then I will write a letter to the editor of the school newspaper. I'm po'ed and I'm not going to take it anymore. Yes he has as much right to be in class as I do. But he does NOT have the right to continually disrupt the class. You guys cannot believe how many people know this guy and know how disruptive he is. He's infamous on campus.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3818725;
    The "letter to the editor" person in me that has been hibernating for several years is now about to resurface. I'm writing a letter to the dean and the professor and if that doesn't do it, then I will write a letter to the editor of the school newspaper. I'm po'ed and I'm not going to take it anymore. Yes he has as much right to be in class as I do. But he does NOT have the right to continually disrupt the class. You guys cannot believe how many people know this guy and know how disruptive he is. He's infamous on campus.
    You are absolutely right, mrd! He has has the responsibility to behave in a way that doesn't disrupt the learning of other students.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3818675;
    OK, the students with disabilities office made me feel like the biggest jerk on the face of the planet. I went in and told them that there is a disruptive student in one of my classes and the professor won't address it. They asked me: "what do you want US to do about it?" I said that I felt his disability was part of the disruptive behavior and they told me that he has the same rights as I do to be in class. I then said, but I also paid as much as he did and he's keeping me from learning. They told me sorry, they won't (not can't, WON'T) help.
    So then the jerk (I could so call him something else right now) interuptted me in class today. The professor asked a question, I RAISED MY HAND and he called on me. While I was speaking, the other student, just started talking right over top of me. The prof did not say a word. I was already not happy and I looked over and said: "__________ shut up! I had the floor not you. YOu can wait you damn turn." He gave me a really nasty look, but he shut up and let me finish and before the professor could say anything else, he was off and running. After class I had planned to talk to the professor, but some of the other students crowded around me to tell me thank you and I couldn't get to him. But I intend to say something to him on Tues. I'm sick of it. And I'm sick of the prof not doing anything.
    In another class today the ROTC students were acting up and the female prof whacked a sheaf of papers on the desk of one of them, told them all to either shut up or do pushups, that her classroom wasn't a democracy, it was a dictatorship and they'd better hope she was a benevolant dictator.
    So if she can do that, then why can't the retired Army Lt. Col, with a Phd in history do that to the jerk in my other class?

Sorry, I had to vent. I am so over this situation that it's driving me insane.
    Wow... I cannot believe your DSS office was so bad...I'm pretty sure ours would be contacting the prof. with suggestions on how to deal with him. But maybe I'm wrong... Sorry about that!
    Yeah, go for it. Write those letters if your discussion with the prof. goes nowhere. Talking over you, with no interference from the prof., way over the line. I wonder if the prof. has tried to interfere in another case and been slapped down by someone? He seems so passive....

Today was my last day of law school!

I took my last final this morning (although I don't know if really qualified since I had all the questions ahead of time). I'm very excited and can't believe how fast the time has gone for me. The attorney I was working for this past semester, during my externship, offered me a job and I started work already this week. I'm just doing part time now till BAR prep starts and then taking some time off to study. After the BAR, I'll be full-time and ready to go. I'm pretty stoked because he just practices environmental law and that is what I was hoping to do after graduation.

I hope everyone else is finishing up their semesters and it's going well. Good luck to everyone on finals!

MRD

That is great news!!!
    Congrats on finishing up and the new job as well!!!!

Way to go!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yardgnome-Congrats!!!! We'll know who to go to w/our legal problems (I know you can't help me w/my personality problem!)!!!!!

Yardgnome!! I hope you can relax with a nice glass of wine to celebrate

Congratulations on a job well done Gnome!

Congrats, Yardgnome! I'm glad all of your hard work paid off. I think its great you've already been hired.

I graduate with my Associates in less than a month. Then off to CSU in the fall. One degree down, three or four to go.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Congratulations, Yardgnome! I know you are feeling good! And you too, Star; it seems like you started not very long ago; did you finish early?

I've gotten started and I'm doing well, but I wish I was actually getting to start my vet tech classes this coming up fall; I am having to take a couple of prep classes before my actual required math, so can't get into the VT until Fall of 2011...even then I'll have to be one of 30 selected out of about 1000 applicants; I don't understand why more schools don't offer this-- It's a rapidly growing field without many opportunities to get in a class! (I either want to work at the emergency vet's office, at an office that does more involved surgeries than just spay/neuters, or the zoo...)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread