+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Well, yesterday I finished all my exams. I'm so excited that I'm done with all my classes for school. Next semester I'm doing my externship and taking a BAR prep course through the school. I'll graduate in April and then sit for the BAR in July. I really can't believe how fast this has all gone by.

Thanks MRD! The plan is to pass the BAR on the first try. Actually, my school has a really high first time pass rate for people taking the MI BAR (which is what I'll be taking). About 95% pass on the first time and I'm hoping I'm part of that statistic.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3769942;
    Well, yesterday I finished all my exams. I'm so excited that I'm done with all my classes for school. Next semester I'm doing my externship and taking a BAR prep course through the school. I'll graduate in April and then sit for the BAR in July. I really can't believe how fast this has all gone by.

Thanks MRD! The plan is to pass the BAR on the first try. Actually, my school has a really high first time pass rate for people taking the MI BAR (which is what I'll be taking). About 95% pass on the first time and I'm hoping I'm part of that statistic.
    I'm positive you will be.

I'm still waiting for grades to trickle in. I've gotten 2 so far. I really want to know what I got in the course that I had the professor from hell. But seeing how unorganized she was all semester and having only 3 or 4 of the 9 assignments I did for her back, I don't know what I'm making. All my other classes, I knew before taking finals what my grades were.
    I'm on the edge of my seat because the possibility is real that I'll have a 4.0 this semester and make the Chancellor's list! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but also expecting not the worst, but a "B" as she told us up front that hardly anyone ever makes an "A" in her class.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Grades finally in. 3 "A's" and 1 "B+"
    Got a 3.875 so I made the Dean's list instead of the Chancellor's list.
    The B+ I'm more or less happy with as she doesn't give "A's". But had I gotten an A, I would have a 4.0.
    Not going to complain too much. I just know never to take that prof again.

FORT Fogey

MRD--for a tough semester that is a really impressive set of grades--congrats!

(I agree with you about the "no A's" professor.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3769942;

Yardgnome--hi. My only advice about the bar study course is to ignore the people who are having nervous breakdowns. (seriously.) However the way your school does it sounds better thn the way my school did it. They brought in a separate set of people who were part of a company that did bar courses.--so we didn't know any of them and they didnt' know us. It was kind of like an assembly line in a factory.
    Yours sounds much better.

BTW--that's a really impressive stat for your school.

Had my last final today, and I think I did fine. I'm not really worried about my grades, though I am anxious to see them. The profs. have until Dec 21 at noon to post them, so I'm sure I'll have to wait until then.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Lil Bit, I know you did well.

I feel very out of sorts. The first week, I slept, read a novel and did some stuff around the house. This week have caught up with friends, but I keep feeling like I have to do something or I have a deadline or something. It's getting me antsy. Can one really bad semester send you to therapy?

Oh and of the 5 of us that stuck out the "bad" prof (21 started the class 5, finished it. Felt like I was on survivor as people kept disappearing), I "skewed" the curve for the rest of them. Heard this from someone I'm friendly with in the class that one of the younger boys told her that. Well, I happen to know this boy a bit and he was making a solid C before we ever got final grades.
    He skewed his own grade.
    I'm not worried about anyone else's grade but my own. Call me selfish, but I'm not throwing a test so the rest of them can look good. I figure you look good by studying.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-18-2009 at 07:04 AM.

Did you get your results yet?

My grades came in and I miraculously got all A's again! I don't even know how I did it, but its such a relief. Two more classes and I'll be moving on to the next college to finish up. Thanks to everyone for all of their support.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Congratulations Stargazer!!! Good for you!!

I've gotten all my grades except for one and so far I have a 4.0 GPA. The class that isn't graded yet is my Comp class and I think I've done okay in it. The lowest grade I've gotten on the papers that I've got back is a 94. I'm still waiting to get 2 papers and my journal back, so....
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread