+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Great job on completing your exams MRD! I understand the panic of waiting for grades. There's not a whole lot you can do about it, but wait.

Amanda, good luck on your exams. I'm sure you'll do great.

My exams are this afternoon and tomorrow morning. After these exams are done, I will officially be done with all my law school classes. Next semester I have my externship and a BAR prep class and then law school will be a thing of the past. I'm so ready to be done, I'm having a hard time studying and even concentrating.

Good luck with your finals Amanda. Hang in there MRD. It won't be long now.

My last final is Thursday. It's in a class I'm not worried about because she has kept us up to date on our grades so far and I'm doing fine. I had an easy load this semester though, only half time. Next semester is full time, so I'll have to manage my time more efficiently.

ETA: Good luck to you too, Yardgnome. And congrats on completing your law school classes. Quite an accomplishment.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3768335;
    After these exams are done, I will officially be done with all my law school classes.
    Congratulations, Counselor! (Close enough, anyway. )

Best of luck to you too, Lil Bit!

Yard, Amanda, Lil, good luck on your exams!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3768316;
    I wish I could get my grades. I am on the edge of my seat. I really want to know what I ended up getting in that one class where the prof is such a hard grader. I have made anywhere from a 100 to a 73 on stuff in her class. So have no clue what I"m going to end up with.
    On the other hand, I have 2 classes that I'm pretty sure I know what my grade will be so am not worried. But that one prof could be the one that keeps me off the Chancellor's list. At the least, I think I'll make the dean's list. But the suspense is KILLING me.
    I wanted to ask you about that tough professor. If she gives you a grade that keep's you off the Chancellor's list, I think you should make an appointment to speak to the Dean or someone else to discuss it. Since you know you won't make the mistake of taking another one of her classes, maybe it couldn't hurt to try and talk to someone about it? Great job in just finishing that class, though, and not dropping it like most of the other students!

And good luck to LB and everyone still finishing up exams and papers!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

My last final was today. This has been my worst semester since going back, but somehow I made it through. I had a huge project in archaeology that almost killed me and got me behind in everything else. Not to mention that me and my kids were sick all semester and three of my kids have had birthdays in the past 6 weeks, so I had to deal with parties and gifts and Christmas gifts and blah, blah, blah. Its been one thing after another, but its all over now, thank god. Now I just have to wait for the grades to roll in.

Good luck to everyone that still has finals to take. You'll make it through and then you can feel the relief that I felt this morning after I walked out of that last class. Congrats to yardgnome and everyone else who is almost done.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3768336;
    Good luck with your finals Amanda. Hang in there MRD. It won't be long now.

My last final is Thursday. It's in a class I'm not worried about because she has kept us up to date on our grades so far and I'm doing fine. I had an easy load this semester though, only half time. Next semester is full time, so I'll have to manage my time more efficiently.

ETA: Good luck to you too, Yardgnome. And congrats on completing your law school classes. Quite an accomplishment.
    Amanda--hi. I agree with you that practicing "Replacement thinking" takes some conscious work to do.

But throughout my work for three degrees I found that was what worked the best when I started to get on that anxiety/panic "loop" where the same nervous/anxious/panicky thoughts went round and round endlessly.

The other thing that helps is to use that energy that is being expended on worrying about grades after the semester is over--to use it to exercise--even getting outdoors for a ten minute walk helps.

Ten good-form push-ups do the trick too.

Lil Bit- Good luck to you as well! I didn't realize how many people were in school right now. Good luck to anyone else I missed as well.

FORT Fogey

It's great that so many people are in/back in school. Sending good thoughts for all.

MRD

Stargazer, I feel the same way. This past semester was brutal.

Good luck to everyone on exams.

Congrats to Yardgnome, that is quite an accomplishment. Sending best wishes on passing the Bar with flying colors the first time around!

WD, I'll see what the grade is before I challenge it. But she intimated that she has won all challenges to grades so far. I just won't take anymore of her classes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread