+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

MRD

Re: Starting College or Going Back

This semester is HISTORY!!!!! And about time too.
    Now just anxiously awaiting grades which will be posted after the 15th.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yippee!!!!! Have a drink on me!!!

MRD

I'm having several. One will have your name on it!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3755798;
    2 more weeks. Not sure if I'm going to make it. I'm glad this was not my first semester back in college or I might not ever have had a 2nd one.
    EVERY FREAKING final is also on the same day. From 8 am to 6 pm. Dec. 7. I am going to feel like I"ve been bombed by the end of it. I am working on 5, yes FIVE more papers before Dec. 4. I will have had a total of 19 papers this semester when it's over.
    I do not plan on getting out of bed on Dec. 8. Heck, I may stay there until I have to go back to school on Jan. 12.
    MRD, welcome back to the real world. I am happy to hear you can sleep in tomorrow! What a tremendous load for the last few weeks. I hope your grades work out well.

Oh, yeah,...I forgot all about your grades, MRD, and was just thinking about the fun!! Good grades to you!!

MRD

Thanks all. It was a really tough semester, but except for one class where I have NO idea what my grades were, I went into all my finals with an A.
    Got my final religion grade today and got an A. It will be at least next week to see the other grades.
    I have one prof that told us she almost never gives A's and I have no clue what I have in her class because of the 9 papers in there, I've only gotten 2 back, one was a C and the other a B abd I have an A and a B on the 2 other exams I took in her class. She's disorganized to the point that I can't believe they actually let her teach. And it really irks me how she grades as I have been making consistant grades in my other classes and with hers I am all over the board.

But it's over and I have a month to do all that hasn't been done around this house since Sept and that includes Christmas. UGH.

Congrats on finishing that tough semester, MRD!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

MRD

I wish I could get my grades. I am on the edge of my seat. I really want to know what I ended up getting in that one class where the prof is such a hard grader. I have made anywhere from a 100 to a 73 on stuff in her class. So have no clue what I"m going to end up with.
    On the other hand, I have 2 classes that I'm pretty sure I know what my grade will be so am not worried. But that one prof could be the one that keeps me off the Chancellor's list. At the least, I think I'll make the dean's list. But the suspense is KILLING me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3768316;
    I wish I could get my grades. I am on the edge of my seat. I really want to know what I ended up getting in that one class where the prof is such a hard grader. I have made anywhere from a 100 to a 73 on stuff in her class. So have no clue what I"m going to end up with.
    On the other hand, I have 2 classes that I'm pretty sure I know what my grade will be so am not worried. But that one prof could be the one that keeps me off the Chancellor's list. At the least, I think I'll make the dean's list. But the suspense is KILLING me.
    MRD--hi. Congrats on getting through a tough semester!

Having myself been through this kind of grind with several degrees I hope you don't mind a suggestion--

Relax.

When thoughts about that grade come into your mind, switch consciously to thinking about something you enjoy, hum some music you like, think about someone you care about, etc.

The semester is OVER and there is nothing you can do now about your grade--so why waste energy on it?

I only feel I can say this to you because it is something I learned over the long haul of my own educational history which took far longer than the usual four+ years.

Relax and be proud and revel in all you have accomplished.

Wind Dancer, with all due respect, that's a lot easier said than done. It might be fine advice on paper, but sometimes things are just going to be nerve-wracking. And I say that to you as someone who also has had a long haul of an educational history, lasting far longer than the usual four years.

Anyway. My finals are Wednesday. I'm spent, my brain is mush, and I still have two and a half days to go. (Exams are at night.) Boo!

+ Reply to Thread