+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting College or Going Back

Re: Starting College or Going Back

Good luck with hell week, Stargazer!

Thanks guys! I finally finished the last of my tests today. I officially have nothing to do until after Spring Break.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

So, are you heading to Lake Havasu City AZ to party for spring break?

You crazy college kids.

MRD

Star, enjoy your spring break. I have spent mine working and working on research papers.

I need good thoughts, work has just erupted in MAJOR issues and I'm getting more and more hours and less and less time for school work. It's very stressful right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hang in there MRD.

MRD

Thanks Unk, I'm glad to have the hours, getting paid is definetly a good thing, but right now I feel as if I could sleep for a week and I spent today at home working amid the confusion of all the stuff for my research papers, so it was a constant reminder of "you need to be doing THIS" while I was doing "that".
    I'm too old to be pulling all nighters, but I'm sure that's what's going to happen by the end of this semester as the problems are work aren't going away soon. (they've let 2 people go and it's MAJOR and one of them is someone I do a lot of work for, so guess who's now going to be doing a lot of that work?)

Good luck with everything, MRD! While I'll bet it's definitely stressful, at least you'll be getting paid for more hours, right? That said, I know the feeling- there are never, ever enough hours in the day.

MRD

Ok, I realize that I'm different because I'm interested in this stuff, but we had an Amer. Gov't. test today and the extra credit question was Who is our current Secretary of State. Guess how many people said after the test that they didn't know. And there is also quite a few people apparantly that don't know how many judges are on the Supreme Court. OK, if you asked people off the street they may not be able to tell you either, but if you are taking a government class and we spent the last 2 weeks going over how the US court system works and also 2 weeks prior to that, we went over the President AND HIS CABINET, you'd think that oh, I don't know, you'd know these 2 answers??? Wouldn't you? Or are my standards too high? And THIS is why I don't want to teach!

And this is a university class?!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3398723;
    And this is a university class?!!
    I know!!!! right????

And you want the REAL kicker??? Some of these numbskulls are political science majors!!! Just wait in several years they'll be in office somewhere influencing our laws and government. I hope by that time, I'm dead or in another country.

Can I just take a moment to brag that I haven't even opened the text book for this class and I barely studied for either test. Made an A on the first one and pretty sure I made an A on today's test. For me it's a review of my high school civics class I took in 1976, except that some of the names have changed. The teacher gives a power point every class with the notes on it. If you just copy her notes, you have the test material. The test is multiple choice. I am almost offended at how easy it is. But I'm also glad I have one class that is so easy, so I can spend the rest of my time studying hated German.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-31-2009 at 06:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread