+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retire Anywhere in World -Where and Why

Retire Anywhere in World -Where and Why

If there is already a thread about something similar to this, my apologies. Watching House Hunters International this week and they're having tropical paradise week, some of the locales are absolutely stunning! Got me to thinking - where would I love to buy or build a home to live out retirement? My husband says definitely near a beach, definitely somewhere the temperature never goes below 70 degrees - in other words, a "tropical paradise".

My daughter says she wants to retire somewhere in Europe - maybe Greece or Portugal.

What about you? If you could retire anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Re: Retire Anywhere in World -Where and Why

My problem is that I would want the temperature to never go below 50, but also never go over 80, and preferably not over 75! So I'd need at least 2 retirement homes. One in Alaska, around Seward, or in Forks, Washington, possibly Ucluelet BC. For the winter, I'm, not sure--maybe Tucson, or the South Texas Gulf Coast.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'd love 25 acres in the middle of bfe, I'd have pine trees planted around the perimeter, I'd have an acre for veggies and fruit, and I'd have a simple log cabin in the center of the acreage. I'd be happy for the rest of my life!

I want to own land overlooking the ocean in Colima Mexico. It is gorgeous there and the people are simply amazing.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

A huge sailboat and I could chase the nice weather around the East Coast, Carribbean and South America.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD will there be nice 20-something men without shirts on your sailboat??
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3221001;
    MRD will there be nice 20-something men without shirts on your sailboat??
    But of course and they would be able to cook and mix drinks. But since my husband probably would be with me, then I'd have to have a 20 something girl and I'm not sure I'd want THAT!

Wonder if Waldo would get boat sick like he gets car sick?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I would just love to have a log cabin in the middle of the woods right near a lake. Lots of windows to let in light. Just me, my cats . . . and I guess I'll let my husband live there too. And my son can visit - for short periods of time.

FORT Fogey

Manhattan! We have lived our adult lives and raised kids on 40 acres of woods in western MA and though it is beautiful, time for a change. First of all I love NYC and have visited often. I hunger for good restaurants, museums, galleries, shopping and entertainment at my finger tips. Winter is easy to manage with public transportation in an urban environment so the weather would be doable.

I'm hoping to be able to afford to retire right where I am. I love my neighbourhood, love my city, love my country. The weather could be a little more even-tempered but then again, if I don't have to haul my derriere out of the house at the ungodly hour of 7:30 to make the unhappy trek to my cubicle every day, any weather is acceptable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast