+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Retire Anywhere in World -Where and Why

Re: Retire Anywhere in World -Where and Why

I LOVE San Diego. Different strokes. I would never want to live in the U.S. Southeast. I already have a few affordable senior apartments near public transportation and less than five miles from the Pacific scoped out.

But if money were not much of an object, then a little house in Maui. Or near Kona. (Healthcare is better in Hawaii than here.)

Anywhere in the world, if I could be employed and a citizen for awhile before retiring? France. Either Lyon, or somewhere in Alsace. I speak the language fluently and know the culture very well. And healthcare is ideal. I also know a lot -- well over 250 -- of people in France (former students of mine).
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-25-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3840367;
    I want to spend my winters in our house here in Arizona.
    I can understand that. I have a friend in Phoenix that I usually visit every winter. I love Sedona!

South Mountain with her kids

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3840622;
    I can understand that. I have a friend in Phoenix that I usually visit every winter. I love Sedona!

South Mountain with her kids

Send me a note next time you're coming to town - maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee!

I love Sedona, too. Hubby and I went there this past summer to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

MRD

I'm now thinking Australia so I can have health care.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Now I'm thinking either Greece or Italy. I've never been overseas, but I would love to at least visit France, England, Ireland, Germany, Spain and definitely both Italy and Greece. After I saw the movie "Mama Mia" I really wanted to go straight to Greece. Somewhere on the coast.

Whever I go I must have cats and at least one dog. And internet access. And unlimited funds. **sigh**
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Since money is no problem....I'd rent a condo in the winter near my sister in Miami Beach...spend April, May and June near Sacramento CA close to 2 of my sons. Then July thru October off to my oldest son in San Diego..but I'd rent a condo on the beach in San Diego......funny I was thinking about this earlier today...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;4052725;
    Since money is no problem....I'd rent a condo in the winter near my sister in Miami Beach...spend April, May and June near Sacramento CA close to 2 of my sons. Then July thru October off to my oldest son in San Diego..but I'd rent a condo on the beach in San Diego......funny I was thinking about this earlier today...
    I'll bring wine ...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Jasper, Alberta, Canada for the summers, and Greece for the winters.

Vacations everywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345