+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Fixes For Wardrobe Malfunctions

MRD

Re: Quick Fixes For Wardrobe Malfunctions

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3215766;
    Isn't it Red Green that said all you need to get by in the world is WD-40 and duct tape? If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, WD-40.
    Yep. I LOVE Red Green. One of Canada's greatest exports, along with Molson Ale.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I recently had the back of my skirt rip all the way up to my butt at work, and fixed it with the aid of a stapler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3215672;
    In order:
    OMG!!! That works???!!!
    Yup -- but change "making a big presentation at work" to "teaching a class of middle schoolers."
    Yup -- that bought some time until I was able to get to the nearest Mervyn's or Kohl's or Target (but NOT Wal-Mart! For ethical reasons, I don't do Wal-Mart! No matter how bad the economy gets, nor how attractive the cheap prices seem. See DVD: Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price)

My own stuff:
    I always keep safety pins, band-aids, ponytail elastic bands, those gymnast-esque hair clips, and a sunscreen stick in my purse (for myself and/or my school-without-walls students, 'cause you never know -- and I've used them all!)

Hey Ellen. Yes, hair spray works on zippers to keep them up BUT not just any old hairspray. White Rain and Suave don't seem to, my personal favorite is Aussie Awesome Super hold. I actually spray a little on all the little zipper teeth and then zip up. Holds "awesomely"
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

I bet Aqua Net Maximum hold would work. We used to spray that on the paper napkins we stuffed in chicken wire when we made floats in highschool. Those napkins did not come back out of the chicken wire.

In fact, I think Aqua Net qualifies as bullet proof!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3216246;
    I bet Aqua Net Maximum hold would work. We used to spray that on the paper napkins we stuffed in chicken wire when we made floats in highschool. Those napkins did not come back out of the chicken wire.

In fact, I think Aqua Net qualifies as bullet proof!
    OMG, I bet it does! I forgot that my Mom used to use Aqua Net years ago, her hair did not budge, not even in strong wind. That stuff is better than super glue.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Aqua Net is scary! They should probably have used that to reinforce the levees in New Orleans . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Too funny, Ellen. and they could add to the height of the levy with that hair stuff from Ron Popeil (that hides the bald spots and is colored "dust")

If the underwire of your bra starts poking you because it has "escaped", try using clear nail polish over the hole. It may take a few coats, but I've saved some expensive bras this way.

I love that idea. I usually just cut the hole bigger and ripped the underwire out, but then it was pretty unsupportive and had to get rid of it anyhow.

thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12