+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

What does my dream mean?

For those FoRT denizens who love to speculate, would you try your hand at interpreting our dreams?

Suggestions for this thread:
    1) Begin a post by indicating whether you are a Dreamer or Analyst. (Heheh.)
    2) Number your dream, so that it sequentially follows the last dream.
    3) If you are an "Analyst," indicate the number to which you're responding.
    4) Let us keep discussions of the validity of dream interpretation to a minimum or not discuss it. It would be helpful to limit this thread to dreams and their analyses. If you have a hankering for other pop psychology discussions or do not wish to be a "Dreamer" or "Analyst," feel free to hive out and start a new thread. Let's keep this discussion open-hearted and fun.

Dreamer

1. Last night's dream:
    In my Dream City people went topless without much fuss, much as the Minoan culture did in Crete. However, I had begun to lactate. And my breasts began to squirt milk, fountain-like, uncontrollably. The milk was thin and clear, like water.

I was very embarrassed.

Later, I joined some hokey circle of people holding hands, but didn't like the guy standing next to me. I tried to pull my hand away but he grabbed it back. Then I woke up.

Just as I woke up (my eyes were awake but I was somewhat half-asleep), I still felt a hand try to grasp mine. I wriggled the covers off and my right hand was clutching my left! My right hand (though it wasn't pins-and-needles asleep or numb) was not fully awake, but my left hand and the rest of me was. So it felt like it was another person's hand.

Analyst

1. Sounds like my Dream City, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Analyst.

Oooo I love this stuff..... even though I may be dead wrong, its fun to analyze:

Dream 1

So you were wandering around topless, you went with the crowd & weren't standing out until the milk started squirting out, that's when you noticed YOU, and thats when you think everyone else also noticed YOU, that you were different from them.

I'd say you want to be different, more original & stand out more from other people & not follow the mainstream.
    Being topless in itself is a "Desire to stand out" since we're in an american culture where all that is pretty much taboo still, so normally walking around topless would be standing out from everyone else.

But since it was NOT a taboo in your dream city to walk around topless, you STILL didnt stand out until the lactating started.

So ya were standing next to someone (probably yourself), you didn't like yourself for some reason but the "you" that you didnt like tried to grab on to you ...

So... in real life... are you trying to convince yourself to do something that you normall wouldn't do....

Summary:

You want to change somehow from the normal you, want to be more original or different in some way, you want a change of pace & routine, or perhaps it's looks & carreer?
    So this person that grabs you that you don't like....
    is maybe the "old you" holding your "new you" back .... thats why you don't like it, but you're not strong enough to release from it's grip yet.....

I'm probably way off.... hee hee. I love this stuff though
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

dreamer

dream 2

i was in my kitchen baking. feifer was standing looking over my shoulder as i added ingredients. when i went to pour in the mini mini marshmallows, she said, "don't add the mini marshmallows. they are so overdone."

that's all i can remember.

Analyst

Dream 2

Marshmallows to me represent small, sweet, empty calories. Perhaps Feifer represents someone who can distinguish something of substance from something that isn't. As you were in the kitchen concocting your dish, Feifer (the substance guage) reminded you to do away with the over-used (overcooked?) ingredient. Perhaps, in your writing or FoRT communication, Feifer (or a part of yourself symbolized by Feifer) inspires you to be original, creative, full of substance? Feifer knows what floops and what flops.
    ----
    Paulie: Aren't you lucky?

Wyndemere: Excellent interpretation. I'll think on the first part. The analysis of the hand section is right on the money. Thank you. I didn't notice that it was indicative of transformation. That's certainly positive, not as scary. Fun!

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    Dream 3

I was on a trapoline with my best friend and i went inside and took a pregnancy test and it came out positive but i was still only 13 years old and it was really weird because i just went back on the trapoline except i was really big already and then i was in the hospital and my best guy friend was there cuz it was his baby...and he told me we should get married

i ended up getting gilr twins and then i woke up

peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

Movie dream???

What do my dreams mean????

Dream 1-
    I went to the theatre with my friend I sat in the 7th row in the 4th seat(I dont know how i remeber that) there were a bunch of trailers and they were actual ones i had seen before. Anyway after the trailers the movie started and it was that anamated movie 'Finding nimo' And I had made up the whole movie in my head except some parts that i saw on the trailers.

Dream 2-
    I was sitting in class writing notes of the board and my teacher somes over and rips up all my notes and all my assignments and i didnt care but when i stood up all my clothes changed and was wearing the awsomest outfit that i had seen before but it cost over 300$ and this girl that hates me poured grape juice all over t(it was pure white)
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Ok here are my suggestions:

Dream 1-
    I went to the theatre with my friend I sat in the 7th row in the 4th seat(I dont know how i remeber that) there were a bunch of trailers and they were actual ones i had seen before. Anyway after the trailers the movie started and it was that anamated movie 'Finding nimo' And I had made up the whole movie in my head except some parts that i saw on the trailers.

My Analysis:
    I think you are bored. Do you need something to do? Do you need a new hobby? Are you bored with old routines and are looking for something new and mind stimulating?
    I think the reason you remember the details of the seat numbers is because there wasn't much else that interested you.... movies & previews you've seen before .... what else is there to do but study the seat numbers .... :-)
    Making movies up in your head....seems like you've got a lot of time on your hands and not enough to do...

(not accusing you LOL...just saying that's what the dream implies)

You may be looking for something new & fun to do?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~~**~

Dream 2-
    I was sitting in class writing notes of the board and my teacher somes over and rips up all my notes and all my assignments and i didnt care but when i stood up all my clothes changed and was wearing the awsomest outfit that i had seen before but it cost over 300$ and this girl that hates me poured grape juice all over t(it was pure white)

My Analysis:
    Little faith in your own ideas & wanting something new?
    You're frustrated, you want to do something new and original but are fighting with yourself, resulting in the fact that nothing new is being done?
    You're finding out new stuff you want to do, but you're shooting them down and some you can't affoird (like a 300 dollar white outfit....)

I think dream 2 relates to dream 1 about being bored....
    You're bored with yourself perhaps? Need some change...either in life, in scenery or in looks...or maybe all of the above?
    You have ideas on what you want to do but don't know how you can afford some of them and maybe even you think some of your ideas are stupid so you destroy them & let them go again.

I dont know you at all lol. So I may be way off...

Tell me how I did :-) (Dont be too critical... *bites nails*)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Dreamer

Dream 6
    (At least it seems we're on the 6th dream. I hope I'm not imposing too many rules for this thread. I love discussing dreams, so any suggestions to keep this topic alive would be welcome. After visiting the east coast for a week, I returned Wednesday and have mostly read articles and not posted.)

Rob of Survivor Amazon was my boyfriend.
    *ducks*

Yes, this truly happened. I'd include the often used vomit "smilie," but don't want to forever damage my dream self. We got along really well in the dream. He was very nice. We lived together in a...trailer in the woods. One day we woke up, after sleeping on one of those styrofoam-mattressed modular trailer beds, and started breakfast. He was bound by legal contract to not tell me about the show, but that morning I started up conversation about Survivor. He seemed testy and irritated that I would even ask him about Survivor. And he hinted that I would only want to go out with him because he had been on TV. If that was the case, he said, he would want to save himself the shame; I should dump him now. He said he genuinely wanted to be accepted for the Real Rob. I was puzzled, because in the dream I really liked him, though it was true that I couldn't separate him from the person he was on TV.

Seriously, folks, Rob does nothing for me in real life. Please do not tease me too much.
    Analysis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 123456789101151 ... LastLast