+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I usually have crazy dreams but the problem is I don't remember the dreams when I wake up in the morning.

However, yesterday night's dream was exciting and suprisingly I can remember only parts of it.

Dream 15
    I'm not sure how this dream started but all of a sudden, I was walking around with a guy and a close friend of mine. We were searching for something in the mall. Somehow, I had the feeling that I was attached to that guy.

The guy was acting all angry and frustrated that we couldnt find the thing we were searching for. I suggested a shop but that guy realised that it was the wrong place. We sat down and discussed about continuing searching for that thing. I sat with the guy, discussing quite closely while my friend sat quite a distance looking at me and the guy, who supposedly is my boyfriend. I felt bad for leaving my friend alone and called her.

That guy finally knew where to find that thing we were searching for and ran off to take the bus. However my friend and I couldnt board the bus in time and the bus left, with the guy in it. I was tired and suggested that we go home. But we were in the wrong side of the road to take the bus home.

SO, my friend and I crossed the overhead bridge, and waited for the bus to come. When I boarded the bus with my friend, I saw that guy in the bus with some other guys from my school. I remember this guy distinctly. I ignored him , although glancing over many times. That guy also ignored me. When I wanted to alight, that guy was standing by the door. I had to many things with me and I asked him to hold my file.

He sat something sarcastic like finally I decided to acknowledge him. I think I apologised or smiled apologetically to him. This guy, his friend from school also in the bus, who I remember distinctly, I talked to him and played with his hair before I alighted with that guy.

Suddenly, at the place where we alighted, I felt that it was the bus interchange. We were a couple and I was all lovey dovey to him and him to me too. He wanted to treat me to a movie but I can't make it as I had to go home. I remember telling myself that I cant go home late on a school night. I was holding to his arm and leaning my cheeks to his shoulders while walking. I felt loved. He brought me to this counter where I can get discounts for food. He promised to treat me. Then I told him that I can see a movie on Wednesday because school end early.

I dont know who's that guy. I never did see his face clearly. But I felt that that guy in my dream is this guy, R., in school with right now. I have no feelings whatsoever for R.

Can analyze my dream?
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Somehow, I had the feeling that I was attached to that guy.

edit: the sentence meant that I felt that he was my boyfriend. I just re-read and the sentence looked like I was physically attached to him.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Unexplained, I also read it that way the first time, that you were velcroed or super-glued to That Guy.

There are many dreams in this thread that I missed. I've got to hand it to Wyndemere and her keen insight about human nature and symbology. Unexplained, I'll think on your dream and return with an analysis this weekend

Modesty, I completely agree with you. Recurring dreams are worth paying attention to. Even so, I think dreams are just a way the mind performs its nightly mental dump.

FORT Fogey
    Is anyone going to analyse my dream? I'd like to hear it. Because the whole watching myself thing is really weird.

analyst
    dream 15

My initial impression, on reading your dream, is that your subconscious is using your dream field as an experimental zone. In this case, you've chosen all the circumstances that would lead to even the simplest encounter with love or a loving relationship. You've selected these details: how you're treated, what your partner would say and do, how you would feel, how you would act as a couple in public.

I don't think it's important that the person you think could've been your boyfriend in the dream isn't someone you're interested in. He just served as a figurehead. It's possible to consider if he possesses qualities you would like in a partner. But, beyond that, consider the environmental effects and the choices you've made. I could be very wrong here, but I think this is your dream self telling you: this is how I want to experience a love relationship.

I think the first scene mirrors your current feelings about love. You and your future partner are frustrated; you are searching for something, and you think you can look in typical avenues, like the mall. You both are seeking fulfillment in the form of this object. Perhaps the object is a representation of the love you are seeking. At first (because you've never been in love?), you don't know how to search for it or what it would look like. Eventually, your search for the object turns to a search for the bus. You felt a bit guilty that your friend (a confidante?) is not able to be a part of your search, and you then included her. Perhaps you want to include her but know that you can only make these types of choices for yourself?

Eventually you find what you're looking for on the bus, and not in the form of the object. What happens is a flirtatious game: you ignore him, he says something sarcastic, he asks you why you're ignoring him, and eventually you don't ignore him. Although in one sense you searched for him (since you lost him when he took the first bus), you've let him think that he is the pursuer. I think, if you don't mind my saying so, this is a good way to initially transact love. You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you.

Feel free to let me know if I'm totally off-base here.

analyst.
    dream #?
    Lil_cutie, that's an interesting dream. I don't think it's uncommon to dream that you're someone else, or that you're an observer to yourself. Since you're not yourself when you're having sex, it could be important to consider whether or not you're bringing your "true self" or a persona into the bedroom. I'm not certain of your age. Whether or not you've had a sexual encounter, do you think that the only way to experience your sexuality is through a persona (or something unlike yourself)? Since you've cast yourself into an observer role, do you feel as if the experience of sex or sexuality is something you experience indirectly--perhaps by means of other people's stories or experiences? If this is the case, then the situation on the bus is just an extension of the hotel room sex scene, in that you're elaborating on a sexual experience to a passenger, someone who's removed from it. Both scenes conjure up themes of voyeurism and sexual distance.

A second way to read this dream: it's possible that "distance" is not a factor, especially since sexuality is so complicated and multi-layered. The dream could indicate that your sexuality is directly linked to fantasy, stories, personae, and visual observation. Discussing sex with the bus passenger is a way of fulfilling those desires, since you've let him be a voyeur to your experience of being a voyeur to your own self!

I hope this interpretation isn't too terribly wrong. Let me know if it describes any part of your experience.

FORT Fogey
    Crap, Shayla, you've got it down to a science. I've always been the listener and observer(well not directly, haha) when it comes to sexual stuff. You can't get much more inexperienced than me. I think that the dream could've been a combination of both of your suggestions! Right on! Whenever I have a freaky dream or a weird one that I don't get(I did just have a weird dream about Harry Potter but I pretty much get it) I'll have to post this for sure so I can get some feedback.

I think my dream makes much more sense why I was observing myself!

Shayla is good at analyzing.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah I know! That's why I put that dream in here. I figured she'd do a good job.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Dream 16

I recently had this dream.

I was in a room in my friend Steve's apartment. He lived in it alone, and he's only a few years older than me. We were talking (well, he was) and he was telling me about how I had to remember the most lines in the play that we're in. I was confused and I said, "But the others have more lines than me." But he kept saying that I had more lines. Then he was droning on about something, and I looked at the window. I saw an animated reindeer fly by, it was as thin as paper. Then I heard footsteps drawing closer. Steve gave me a pair of pants with Kermit The Frog patterns on them and told me to jump out the window and I would fly. So I somehow got out the window and I was flying for a bit, but I was woken up.

Could you analyze that for me?
    I was in love with a difficult man.

+ Reply to Thread