+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Man, Gutt, that is an odd dream. I can't even imagine what that one is about. Underground science experiment. Very interesting. Maybe someone here might know. I think I would research that one.

Last night I dreamed I was training for the Olympics! I was going to compete in Track and Field!!!!!!! I do know why I dreamed it though. The day before I told my mom that a few years ago when I ran at the gym, I was the best runner there, IMO. I'm not much on actual road, but on the treadmill I was pretty good. Somehow that translated to me in the Olympics! lol
    Gutmutter likes this.

I took your advice and looked it up on a site about dream symbols. It said a cave can be protection/concealment or it can represent your unconscious mind. Experiments mean you need to try something new, be more adventurous. I have been spending a lot of time holed up at home this summer reading and going on the computer. But I've really been enjoying it!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    They've been advertising the new series about stalkers a lot on tv. I don't like the ads at all. Have you been seeing them?
    I've had erratic sleep patterns lately and early this morning I woke up from a dream that had been going on a while, but the last bit of it stayed with me and kept trying to get me to jump back into it after I went to the bathroom and went back to bed (unusual for a dream to stick around that long). In it, there was a small underground cave - a crawl space really - with a long, thin opening going up to the surface. There was an important scientific experiment being done where someone had gotten into the cave and was trying to feed a tube up through the opening. There was some risk to the person involved. The task hadn't been completed when I woke up and it felt urgent that I get back to the dream to complete it. It wasn't me in the cave, though. I'm perplexed by this one.
    You're the teacher in the bunch here.
    Science experiments sound like something from a Science Class. Those kids are really getting to you.
    Are you dreading School starting up?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

You know, Miss Scarlet, you may be on to something. Even though I wasn't the one in the cave, it could represent the situation, not me personally. Trying to find a way out? An air vent? I am doing a lot of research into retirement.
    We don't start until the last week of August so I still have 3 weeks of vacation. I'm planning to spend all next week in my classroom getting the closets and supplies organized. I find that liberating, though, with no kids there and the classroom ready to go when I'm done and still 2 more weeks to relax. I've done a lot of soul-searching and re-evaluating to get my head in the right place to take on another year.
    Two things that have helped: my daughter met an old student of mine at a party in Boston who went on and on about how I inspired him, and a teacher friend who retired last year was commenting on how the class she had her final year was the worst she'd ever had, and that was the same group that almost broke me the last term. They are moving on to the high school this year.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I got two new pillows yesterday. I had been sleeping on a stack of 4 pancakes.
    OMG!! What a difference it made! I slept like a baby and when I woke up I was having a wonderful dream where I was really inspiring my students and they all loved me. When I woke up I "floated" between dream and wakefulness for a long time.
    Count your blessings!

I dpnt usually remember my dreams but last night's was so detailed and vivid! I was living with this family I didnt know and soon realized that I was living in the past about a 100 years ago and then tried to not let the family know who I really was and how to get back to my own time! At one point i was on the main street of the town looking for something and it was getting dark and I wandered into what I realized was as bar. There were only men in there and I had to get out because the only women who would be in there were prostitutes! The street was dark because there were no streetlights or light coming from cars--because these were not around back then! I couldn't see where I was going and banged into someone from that family who brought me back to their house where I started from! This dream had such detail in the clothing we all wore and the furnishings of the house/
    Punkin likes this.

Wow. That's fascinating! Sometimes dreams like that really make me wonder...
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I couldn't find anything online about dreaming you are 100 years in the past. That's pretty wild. I'll just guess that maybe you feel like something is holding you back or something is bothering you that happened long ago that you need to address, but that you are in the dark about how to remedy it.
    cablejockey likes this.

Perhaps a memory from a past life 100 years ago?

For years I've had this dream about climbing up the steep side of a mountain along with a bunch of other people, single file. And I hate it because I'm afraid of heights. So this morning I'm having coffee and watching a program on the History2 channel and it's about sacred ancient Christian sites in Ethiopia. There is a very old church built at the top of a mountain that was established by "saints" who fled Constantinople when the Muslims defeated the city. It's an amazing, very richly decorated church cut into the top of the mountain, with a very different form of Christianity, and is still in active use today. The thing that dumbfounded me, though, was that the worshippers were climbing that steep mountain, single file just as I always dream it! Weird.

But I don't disregard reincarnation as a possibility for an afterlife, so I am open to considering this dream as something remembered from a past life. Many people have been hypnotically regressed to recover past life memories. When I was young there was a book, condensed in the daily newspaper about Bridey Murphy. These memories of an earlier life in Ireland by a young woman in America were fascinating to me as I read the book and I've often sought out such stories over the years.

I'm not saying I've lived in Ethiopia with this Christian sect in times past, but that mountain dream has been with me for a long part of my life.

Of course I also have that continuing recurring dream about the big alien spaceship from Independence Day appearing over my town. So there's that.
    cablejockey and Gutmutter like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm pretty sure I know what this dream means, but I need to get it out of my head. Ever since the ice bucket challenge videos have gone totally wild, my uncle who died from ALS has been on my mind. For the past two nights, he's been constantly in my dreams. I've had dreams he came by my office, was hanging out with my family, was at football games, you name it. Overall, it's been kind of nice to "have him around". But there's also something about it that is odd and I can't shake it.

+ Reply to Thread