+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Are you concerned for your sister on some level? Do you feel others are not helping to support her?
    Count your blessings!

Not at all. She teaches and spends her summer and vacations with me and during the year she goes to one of my other sisters. Any time she is sick we fight over where she will recuperate. She is pretty spoiled for being an older sister. Her response to the dream is I am nuts!
    There's no place like home!

Have you recently, or for that matter ever, read any articles about women getting attacked in hotel rooms? Just yesterday I was reading about women getting attacked on Cruise Ships.
    The subconscious is an unpredictable thing. Sometimes it takes something we read or hear, that makes us think about our own safety & later takes it & dumps those insecurities into a dream.
    Could be where it came from.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

No I have not read anything like that. At least this one was calmer than the ones I had when I was quitting smoking using Chantix. Now those were for the dream books
    There's no place like home!

Last night, I dreamed I got a ticket to go see Oprah! There was a big parade to welcome her into the town she was visiting. I was there and got some great photos! I then got to be right next to her at the event and she shook my hand and I got a close up photo with her! It was so much fun.

Later in the dream, I was visiting the graves of my great grandparents. I suddenly had an overpowering desire to move their bodies to their country of origin, Ireland. I had the means to do it and I was making the final decision to do it. I have NO idea where that came from.

Interesting dreams, Debb70!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I just have to tell about my dream the other night. My sister and I went out of town and stayed at a nice hotel. My sister told me I was talking in my sleep and woke her up saying, "there are men in the room" She looked around quickly then went back to sleep. Well in my dream there were 3 men hiding in the closet (you have to remember this is a hotel closet) and they drug her in the closet with them. I called down to the desk and told them the men drug her in the closet and the desk clerk said " what do you want me to do about it" I was furious and told her I would call the police. I remember talking to the dispatcher and she sent the police right over. END of dream.
    When my sister told me I woke her up saying about the men in the room, I panicked thinking I had actually called the front desk and the police. My sister said I did not do that.
    It still made me mad the clerk was snippy about the whole thing, even though I dreamt it all.
    What does it mean, my sister says it I should not eat mushrooms at night
    If your dream process is like my dream process, this sounds more like a dream about overcoming frustration and persisting to achieve a solution to a problem.
    Some of your current, real life details (the hotel and your sister, etc.) were woven into the scenario, but those particular details may have been incidental.

In your dream, you were faced with a situation that was problematic (the men in the room/closet), and you HAD to deal with the problem, because it was dynamic and showed the potential to worsen (the men taking your sister). Your first attempt to get help in sorting it out (the rude desk clerk) was ineffective and frustrating, but you refused to be defeated and escalated your efforts (calling in the police), effectively resolving the problem - end of dream.

Or ... it could be the mushroom thing.
    captain, famita and Gutmutter like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about a stalker. I was walking through a store with somebody, and a man seemed unusually interested in the person I was with. I told the person that they were going to be stalked. We raced to the person's car, which was parked in a car repair place or parking garage. I was on the passenger side and was able to lock the door right before the stalker got to the window on the passenger side. There also was a person sitting in the back seat. In the dream the stalker was a stranger, but also in the dream, I knew the people that I was in the car with. When I woke up, I realized that I didn't know any of the people in the dream.

I don't like it when I have scary dreams. I sometimes dream a man is after me and is going to stab me. It doesn't happen often though. I do watch a lot of Forensic Files, Cold Justice and that type of thing, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

They've been advertising the new series about stalkers a lot on tv. I don't like the ads at all. Have you been seeing them?
    I've had erratic sleep patterns lately and early this morning I woke up from a dream that had been going on a while, but the last bit of it stayed with me and kept trying to get me to jump back into it after I went to the bathroom and went back to bed (unusual for a dream to stick around that long). In it, there was a small underground cave - a crawl space really - with a long, thin opening going up to the surface. There was an important scientific experiment being done where someone had gotten into the cave and was trying to feed a tube up through the opening. There was some risk to the person involved. The task hadn't been completed when I woke up and it felt urgent that I get back to the dream to complete it. It wasn't me in the cave, though. I'm perplexed by this one.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread