+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

FORT Fogey

Re: What does my dream mean?

A couple of days ago I had a dream that I had a large reference book... it had all of the information that was on the internet.

Last night I had a dream that everything was under a roof... even streets and cars. I think that dream had to do with me preferring to be at home than dealing with the world. Cars and carts were supposed to be in the same place in a supermarket in the dream. I drove to a store and parked inside the store.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 04-22-2014 at 08:56 PM.

FORT Newbie

You all are great with figuring out what dreams mean. I have a few doosies for you that have been bugging me. Last night I dreamt that I was going to take a shower and I turned the water on. The water was warming up and when I came back my daughter was in the shower with her school uniform on. I told her to get out and that is was my shower time. She wouldn't and just kept saying we could take the shower together which I didn't want to. Then I found myself yelling at her and swearing at her to get out of the shower. I had another dream like this a few months ago where I was standing there just yelling at her at the top of my lungs using swear words. It bothers me that I've had these dreams. She is getting older --almost 9-- and she is definitely testing me. She'll ask me something and I'll tell her no and she continues to push it and push it and whine to get me to change my mind. Help!! I felt so guilty when I woke up.

My other dream I had two nights ago. I was in a hotel --it seemed to be a Russian hotel like for the Olympics--and it was all gross and dirty and infested with bugs. And I mean infested...like they were all over on everything and in order for me to get out I had to step all over them. I wanted to take the elevator but it wasn't working. Then I realized I was on the 146th floor. (keep in mind I'm afraid of heights and elevators!!). So I started running down the stairs to get out but bugs were flying in my mouth and I remember gagging and waking up gagging.

So go to it your professional dream analyzers. I'm in awe!!

Man, that sounds like a nightmare! Were you coughing in your sleep? Could that have caused you to dream you had things flying in your mouth?

A couple of years ago I had dreams that I was furious with a relative of mine. We were arguing in my dreams. As soon as I distanced myself from this person, the dreams of me arguing and being upset went away.
    mcmomof2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmomof2 View Post
    You all are great with figuring out what dreams mean. I have a few doosies for you that have been bugging me. Last night I dreamt that I was going to take a shower and I turned the water on. The water was warming up and when I came back my daughter was in the shower with her school uniform on. I told her to get out and that is was my shower time. She wouldn't and just kept saying we could take the shower together which I didn't want to. Then I found myself yelling at her and swearing at her to get out of the shower. I had another dream like this a few months ago where I was standing there just yelling at her at the top of my lungs using swear words. It bothers me that I've had these dreams. She is getting older --almost 9-- and she is definitely testing me. She'll ask me something and I'll tell her no and she continues to push it and push it and whine to get me to change my mind. Help!! I felt so guilty when I woke up.

My other dream I had two nights ago. I was in a hotel --it seemed to be a Russian hotel like for the Olympics--and it was all gross and dirty and infested with bugs. And I mean infested...like they were all over on everything and in order for me to get out I had to step all over them. I wanted to take the elevator but it wasn't working. Then I realized I was on the 146th floor. (keep in mind I'm afraid of heights and elevators!!). So I started running down the stairs to get out but bugs were flying in my mouth and I remember gagging and waking up gagging.

So go to it your professional dream analyzers. I'm in awe!!
    Dreams are an indication of your state of being, if you are at peace or not at peace. They do not mean anything in particular.

Perhaps you are yelling at your daughter because she is the person closest to you; but she may not be the cause of your unrest.

Whatever/whoever the cause of your unrest, I my suggestion to you is that you try to let it go. Sometimes there is nothing for you to solve.
    mcmomof2 likes this.
    You can do it!

According to some interpretations, dreaming about water could mean 'change, renewal and new life'. Dreaming of Water: The Meaning of Water in Dreams
    mcmomof2 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Dreams are an indication of your state of being, if you are at peace or not at peace. They do not mean anything in particular.

Perhaps you are yelling at your daughter because she is the person closest to you; but she may not be the cause of your unrest.

Whatever/whoever the cause of your unrest, I my suggestion to you is that you try to let it go. Sometimes there is nothing for you to solve.

well, that is good to hear. I have been beating myself up as to why I would be yelling like that at my daughter. However, I have been having some major issues dealing with an employee at work and yesterday he was finally let go. Hopefully that was what I was struggling with and I won't have more of those types of dreams. We'll see....thanks!
    Lizard likes this.

FORT Fogey

After I threw the pictures away of my sibling who had told my stalker sibling where I live, I had a dream about a gorilla. In the dream, I was concerned that an unidentified person might send a gorilla into my place. Then I realized that the unidentified person had actually sent the gorilla into my living room. I woke up after not being able to figure out how to deal with the gorilla. As soon as I woke up, I thought that the unidentified person in my dream was the sibling who had told the stalker sibling where I live. I thought that the gorilla in my dream represented my stalker... the gorilla in my living room could symbolize the fact that the stalker knows where I live.

A gorilla in a dream could symbolize the need to take action. A gorilla in a dream could symbolize one's fight, as well as the victory over difficulties in one's waking life.

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about walking. Walking is a dream symbol for making progress.
    CantGetNuf and Gutmutter like this.

FORT Fogey

In another interpretation for a dream about walking, one dreams about walking to try to slow down one's pace, or one might lack the means to make speedy progress. When I try to do something that just involves me, of course I can choose to progress as quickly or slowly as I want to... but, when others are involved, "progress" can be very complicated. Also, dreaming about walking means not just progress, but slow and steady progress.

I've had a couple of interesting dreams lately. One I may have written about before because it's a recurring dream, so I should probably get to the bottom of it. I'm back at my husband's house with just my kids for most of the dream. They are younger, probably 3 or 4 years earlier than the divorce when things were still going pretty well. The dream is just fun activities going on, but I'm aware that my ex has a new wife and will have to get rid of her. In the dream it is understood that he and I are back together now even though in real life I have NO desire to ever see him again. In fact when he enters the dream, it's usually a signal that the dream is winding down because I never have much interaction with him - certainly none physical. But it is pleasant. I'm going to guess that it's just a way of mourning that my family and my children's lives were disrupted horribly by his meandering with my friend, who is now his wife.
    The other one that I just had this morning was a little convoluted. In real life I recently reconnected on Facebook with a brother and sister who were neighbors most of my childhood. The sister was one of my best friends and the brother was my first kiss. He was way more into me than I was into him, but we "went together" for a short while. In the dream I was at an amusement park and the sister was running the Ferris wheel. I had just discovered an unknown (and this part wasn't even unusual) child of her brother who was an infant. I was very excited to take the baby on the Ferris wheel and then present it to "her grandmother" (which wouldn't be the actual relationship) but when the ride was over she was on break and I had to go find her. Eventually she and the baby met and it was all wonderful. But first as I wandered around looking for her I stopped to admire the wind blowing in the trees and water flowing through a brook. The brother never entered the dream. The sister in real life never had children of her own. The brother has 2.
    Anyone catch something from that dream that stands out? Wheel of life? Reconnecting? Babies?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread