+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Interesting. I don't have any useful thoughts to help explain it, but it's obviously to do with connecting with each other and communicating.
    Count your blessings!

Whoa! I just had the strangest of all dreams I can ever remember. In the dream I had chosen to commit suicide. It wasn't traumatic and I don't remember any reason for it, but I had taken some kind of drink that would ease me out of life. I was waiting for it to work and putting together some things to leave behind for people - again, no despair or maudlin thoughts, just sort of house cleaning to get things in order. But the strange part was that waking from the dream was actually dying in the dream's "life". There was an extended twilight period where I was both conscious that I was dreaming and could wake up but conscious that when I woke up I would be dead in the dream, so I stayed in that state for quite a while - again, no anxiety attached to either state whatsoever. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.
    Count your blessings!

What a dream! Thats one I would be remembering for a long time! According to the 'experts', dreaming that you do yourself in can mean the time has come to end certain thngs n your life. Maybe lifestyle, job, friends or location? You could be hating some aspect about your life that you want ended--its not supposed to be taken literally.
    Debb70 likes this.

I would love to take early retirement, but I just can't afford it. So in a sense I am in that twilight... knowing that in a few years I may retire, ending my teaching career and starting a different lifestyle, but for now, I'm still teaching and saving and dreaming for retirement. But you're right - I will be remembering this dream for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 04-05-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Whoa! I just had the strangest of all dreams I can ever remember. In the dream I had chosen to commit suicide. It wasn't traumatic and I don't remember any reason for it, but I had taken some kind of drink that would ease me out of life. I was waiting for it to work and putting together some things to leave behind for people - again, no despair or maudlin thoughts, just sort of house cleaning to get things in order. But the strange part was that waking from the dream was actually dying in the dream's "life". There was an extended twilight period where I was both conscious that I was dreaming and could wake up but conscious that when I woke up I would be dead in the dream, so I stayed in that state for quite a while - again, no anxiety attached to either state whatsoever. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.
    Wow! There seems to be an odd thread running through all your recent dreams. There's something behind it, but I'll be darned if I know what it is.
    Death, murder, suicide, hiding bodies, moving bodies, getting your affairs in order for your end. Then the one where you were someone else - a man. And all with no anxiety, remorse, or question. Just peaceful acceptance of it all.
    This is your subconscious trying to tell you something is either troubling or off kilter in your real life, but that you're rolling with it.

If you can figure what that something is, maybe you can address the situation & rectify it. But NOT by doing away with yourself! Rather by positive methods or changes.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I really think it has to do with my job. I used to love teaching - really love it. And I still do when all I have to do is teach, but we live in an area with a lot of low income, single parent families and there is a lot of finger pointing when they don't do as well on state testing as wealthy communities. Kids are much worse both behavior wise and feeling entitled and parents don't back teachers up. Add a LOT more paperwork stuff that doesn't add a thing to our teaching (a LOT more than there used to be) and constant threats about staff cuts. High anxiety all around. I would love to retire, even if it means working part time elsewhere, but that would be a decision that would affect my income for the rest of my life. I want to do it, but I really can't financially, which means I need to get my butt in gear and get all my certification squared away. I have some red tape snags there I've been ignoring. If I don't handle them, I won't have a choice about whether to work or not. Anyway, I think that's what the dreams I've reported are about. Most of my dreams are lovely - I just don't mention them here.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, is there anyway you can get transferred to another school or school district? That wouldn't effect your retirement, right? As long as it's still within the same state teacher's system? I know you are hanging on for the sake of your retirement, but the emotional toil you are taking is concerning. I know it's weighing heavily on you. I'm sure you are making a huge difference in the lives of students but you have to look out for your health too.

I hear you, Debb. I had a really bad day today with students and when I was doing bus duty out in the sunshine after school and burning up with anger inside, a little voice inside my head said, "You don't have to do this."
    I haven't always been a teacher. I've been a waitress, a bank teller, a sales person, a seamstress, a swim instructor, an artist, and a mom. There's no reason to think I couldn't add income to an insufficient retirement pay-out if I just quit now. I'm getting closer to that decision.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Well you certainly have given it a lot of thought and consideration. That's important. I hope it works out for you.

I hate to post back to back, but I was so tickled with my dream last night that I had to. lol

I dreamed I was going to a celebration/festival/convention type thing. It appeared to be being held in a school or library. Inside there were tables all along the walls and on the tables were pet cages that had a chicken in each cage. We were there to examine the chickens and appreciate its plumage. The master of ceremonies were set to be Bryan Gumble and he was there and had brought his own chicken that was not in a cage or carrier. I thought that was a bad idea and was scared his chicken to would run away or peck someone, but it didn't.

Bryan asked me to have a cocktail (pardon the pun) back at the hotel, we were staying at the same one. I agreed and thought how cool, a celebrity asking me for cocktails. Then as I was returning to my hotel to freshen up for cocktails, I realized I had forgotten my scissors and that I had a full mustache!!!!!! I panicked a little, because my mustache needed trimming, but it didn't dawn on me that it was weird that I had a mustache. LOL Is this weird or what?

I don't know what it means but I know that I saw a story on renting chickens on CBS News this weekend; I heard that Bryan Gumble was a guest on some talk show, but I didn't see it; and I laughed like crazy at this guest judge on DWTS last night because he had a huge funny mustache. How did I incorporate all of that into my dream? lol I don't know, but I have been laughing all morning! OH, I don't really have a mustache, though I do have an interest in fresh eggs. And I think Bryan Gumble is okay, but not someone I would like to date.

+ Reply to Thread