+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

OH my Gutmutter, dealing with what you are dealing with. I can imagine your dreams must be packed with off things. It must be a stressful situation. Maybe you are feeling like a lot is dependent upon you.

Another teacher brought me a pot of tulips because she could tell I had a stressful week last week.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I had two wild dreams last night. In the first one I murdered two young girls (poison) just to see what it was like and then spent the rest of the dream trying to dispose of the bodies! The problem was that I initially hid them in a basement room at my mom's and then she remodeled her house and I couldn't find the room again.
    In the second one I was a man and there was a surprise party disguised as a class reunion, but really it was a room full of children I had unknowingly fathered over the years. They were all happy to see me. I'd like to think that one is really about students I've inspired over the years.
    Count your blessings!

Those are amazing dreams! It almsot sounds as if you are trying to bury some problems deep in your mind but things have changed and its not so easy anymore to keep certain things off your mind?
    The second dream sounds like you are a symbolic father to a lot of ideas or choices that affected a lot of people--probably students since it was a class reunion! Sounds like a very positive dream!

Thank you that makes sense. At no point in the first dream was I concerned, remorseful, or anxious about the murders - just wanted to find the room to dispose of the bodies. I'll have to do some thinking on what that represents.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thank you that makes sense. At no point in the first dream was I concerned, remorseful, or anxious about the murders - just wanted to find the room to dispose of the bodies. I'll have to do some thinking on what that represents.
    Seeing that you're a teacher, I saw both dreams as having to do with that.

The first: I'm sure there have been or are some children you'd like to have "go away" & never see again. Thus, the murders & wanting to hide/dispose of the bodies & the no remorse. It would make life so much simpler to not have to deal with them.

The second: You've probably felt like a parent figure to many, & many have probably felt the same about you. But sometimes you'd like to be someone else & be a little anonymous.
    Seeing that this was the second dream, it was probably a "Hey, they're not ALL bad. Some have been a joy" dream. Kind of making up for the murders.

I'm a far cry from a dream analyst, but it's fun to guess.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I'm really struggling with whether to take early retirement in the next couple of years. Teaching is getting harder and harder with more "bad" students and ridiculous paperwork and busywork created by administration. Maybe that's the redecorating in the dream. The climate just isn't the same as it was when I started. And you're right - there are more than a few that could disappear without me feeling any great feeling of loss.
    Count your blessings!

What about teaching in a private school? My mom taught for over 30 years at a small private school. There are always issues, but the stress was rather low and issues very limited. If kids caused too much of a problem they were asked to leave. They have never had any real discipline issues at the school. Just an idea. The money may not be as good.

That's a very good suggestion. Retirement is the big issue. If I can hold out a couple more years where I am, I will have a better deal with retirement. Some years they offer an early retirement incentive. If they do that any time soon, I'd go for it.
    On topic: I had a lovely dream last night about working in my garden. I can't wait for warmer weather to make that come true. Right now it's still covered in snow.
    Count your blessings!

Last night I had the first dream I ever had about FORT! I dreamed that I went to visit a relative of mine that I haven't seen in awhile. She told me she had been posting messages online and I was shocked because she never did anything like that before. I asked to see her computer and she had it on a FORT thread. I then was intrigued and wondered if she and I had communicating on FORT and not knowing it was with each other!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread