Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Fascinating! Thank you!
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I also have the ability to lucid dream at times and when I find myself in a particularly frustrating or scary dream I sometimes can "wake" in the dream and either manipulate the outcome or leave and start a new dream.
    I can do that too. When I was young I would either just keep dreaming in terror or would wake up in terror. But as I got older I got better at being able to control that. I remember the first time it happened. It was like the zombie apocalypse, but before Walking Dead, so they were just "monsters". Me and a group of people had been fighting them all night. Some of our group had died and I was freaking out about that. Then we were about to be taken over by the monsters. I remember I was in pure terror when I thought, "I'm dreaming." And I suddenly realized I was dreaming. I was telling everyone, "Everybody just relax, I'm just dreaming. We're not going to be killed because this is just my dream." Everyone started getting confused hopeful faces. And they're like, "You're just dreaming?" And I'm kind of laughing, a little abashed and admitting that we just suffered the worst night of our lives because I'm having a dream. And they're all like, "Good. Were going to live right? This is just your dream?"
    That was the first time and probably the scariest. But the most interesting was the one where I was falling. One time when I lived in the barracks I had a dream that I was falling and when I jerked awake I knocked my head into the cinder block wall. Darn near knocked myself right back out. So I think that's why I controlled it one time. My brain didn't want to get knocked against the wall again. But when I started to fall and was about to jerk awake I thought to myself, "Wait! You're just dreaming!" I continued to fall and thought, "How am I supposed to stop?" And I started to talk myself through it. "Slow down. Now put your feet under you. And land." And I landed on my feet. I had always heard that if you dream that your falling and you ever actually hit the ground you'll die. LOL! I'm glad I landed softly.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I've dreamed I was dying before, but I kept telling myself I wasn't really dying, but was in a dream. It was still scary though.

I have also dreamed several times that the world was coming to an end....I mean seconds before it was going to explode, but I kept telling myself that I was dreaming.

I have dreamed I was lying in bed and that someone was creeping into my room getting ready to grab me, only I couldn't move! I was terrified, but I kept saying don't panic, you're dreaming...but still...I was so scared. I could even feel the intruder grab by arm! Eventually, I woke up. Scary. I haven't had one of those in years. Thank goodness.
    (I know I had to be asleep, because I've read what prevents you from moving is this chemical your body releases when you aree asleep to keep you from moving around and hurting yourself.) It also results in your legs feeling like lead when you are trying to run away in your dream.

FORT Fogey

I dreamt that I was in Russia. (I watched the Olympics and I also recently watched two movies, "Fail-Safe" and "Ladybug Ladybug," with the theme of a nuclear war). I was in a car in the dream. Someone was missing. I didn't want to call a certain phone number because "they" might connect me to the missing person.

It's likely you were thinking a lot about the movies and Russia in your subconscious when dreaming. You haven't watched The Americans have you? It's about Soviet spies in the 1980's pretending to be Americans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's likely you were thinking a lot about the movies and Russia in your subconscious when dreaming. You haven't watched The Americans have you? It's about Soviet spies in the 1980's pretending to be Americans.
    I haven't had the opportunity to see The Americans. (I don't have cable). Also, that was the first time that I can recall dreaming about being in another country.

You can have nightmares and feel you are paralyzed because of chemicals that activate when you start dreaming! Sometimes you can be awake while this chemical is still active and feel your inability to move. I have experienced that and it is very scary!
    Brain Chemicals That Cause Sleep Paralysis Discovered | REM Sleep Disorder | LiveScience
    Debb70 likes this.

OH yes. I hate being paralyzed in a dream when you want to escape. Nothing is more scary.

Last night I dreamed that I was at this gathering with friends and colleagues. They were honoring this highly esteemed attorney who had argued this very important Civil Rights case before the US Supreme Court about 20 years ago. Everyone was singing her praises and talking about what a great attorney she was. Then suddenly, they showed a photo and there I was sitting at the table beside her at the Supreme Court! And the announcer, said let us also remember, (my real name) who was right there beside her giving her support and helping her win the case! I stood to the applause. It was great! I kept trying to figure out why I had forgotten about all that. THEN,

I dreamed the same thing about a female astronaut. She was being recoginzed and then my name appeared as an astronaut who went into space on an important mission. I was right there along side of this woman. I was very happy, but couldn't understand why I couldn't recall being on that space mission.

Bizarre dreams. Oh, I am an attorney, but I have never been an astronaut. lol
    CantGetNuf likes this.

FORT Fogey

Last night I dreamt that I went to a camp for a vacation. It was similar to a camp for children, with a large number of people who didn't know each other previously. As soon as everyone got to the camp, they took their cots to a room to watch TV... instead of having a nature experience. Maybe I had that type of dream because I sometimes watch a TV show about people renting a house in a downtown area of a city for a vacation.

I dreamt last night that there was a big fire in my classroom. Not surprising if you've read some of the things going on at school for me lately. In the same dream, the principal had to borrow my car to go get her paycheck. Hmmmmm. What does that mean?
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread