+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

I will definitely try, I need to think it over for a while, very puzzling dream....

I'll be back with a theory....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

First of all -- I love this thread!! I have a reoccuring dream, and I was hoping I could get somebody to figure it out for me Here goes...

I'm always at some sort of amusement park, and all my friends are there. For some reason, this guy I had a crush on for a few years is always focused on. (I don't like him... I barely know him anymore) This particular dream I had the other night involved an indoor water park. And all my friends and I were riding on this waterslide..but it was taller than they usually are (the walls were) and the water was deeper. (sorry, it's hard to explain) Anyway, I started getting the water to churn and wave up and down by bouncing on my tube. Then, everybody started doing it..and I fell off. I wasn't hurt... I think somehow I ended up back on the slide and I remember seeing my old crush's face, but I don't think he ever looked at me. Over the speakers, Disney songs were playing.
    Oh - I also remember the walls of the building were brown, if that helps at all

Sorry if I didn't describe it very well I hope all you analysts can help me out!
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Analyst Dream 10

I had a very bizzare nightmare last night. I was in a room and suddenly doctors, or people called me into a room, possibly an operating theatre. There, they gave me something a sniff and suddenly I was unconscious. When I woke up, I found like this device on me. What was worst, all my family members were undergoing the same thing?? I tried to stop them, and that's all I can remember.
    What a bizarre and vague dream. I'll probably be way off base on what I'm about to suggest, but I can try right? lol.

Doctors are supposed to be trusted & supposed to heal you but these seem to be imposter doctors, dulling your senses to get their task done, which is one of malicious intentions.

What comes to mind is that there's some external forces that have come into your life that you're uncomfortable with...
    I'm mainly thinking that maybe new people have come into your life recently, either directly or indirectly through befriending someone in your family, that you don't trust? That you somehow see as a threat to you or your family?
    Maybe you've not consciously come to that conclusion yet, maybe you don't know them well enough yet but it's luring in the back of your mind?

Probably a long shot but that would be my first guess, however I'll keep mulling it over, maybe I can come to other conclusions, if this one's way off base :-)

Analyst - Dream 11

I'm always at some sort of amusement park, and all my friends are there. For some reason, this guy I had a crush on for a few years is always focused on. (I don't like him... I barely know him anymore) This particular dream I had the other night involved an indoor water park. And all my friends and I were riding on this waterslide..but it was taller than they usually are (the walls were) and the water was deeper. (sorry, it's hard to explain) Anyway, I started getting the water to churn and wave up and down by bouncing on my tube. Then, everybody started doing it..and I fell off. I wasn't hurt... I think somehow I ended up back on the slide and I remember seeing my old crush's face, but I don't think he ever looked at me. Over the speakers, Disney songs were playing. Oh - I also remember the walls of the building were brown, if that helps at all

This is an interesting mix of pleasure and horror, of fun & dull.
    The guy you had a crush on is a persona from the past, and it seems to me you're heading for a new phase in your life, something that is sort of familiar to you but also slightly scary?
    Not scary persae, it could be a new job, a new school, college? Going back to a job to work for the summer that you have worked at before but you're not a regular there? THings like that, which usually makes us a little nervous at first, especially before we start somewhere new.....

This guy, he sees you at first at the amusement park, but after you've stirred up the waves & gone in the water he doesn't notice you anymore... which I think, you took the plunge into whatever new area you were headed towards....

Ok how to explain what I'm thinking....my head is a whirlwind LOL..

Taking the plunge in this context means starting on whatever new endeavor you were headed towards... I'm assuming it already took place because of the way your dream ended... This endeavor could be a new job, new school (maybe just a different grade, going from junior to senior or whatever), perhaps a new college, going somewhere unknown ....a stranger's house... but a SIGNIFICANT endeavor....
    In this occasion I'm assuming it's an endeavor who will be fun, but that you are slightly dreading just because we ALL dread starting something new & unfamiliar..... I think that's where the the amusement parks & Disney music mixed with deep waters & tall brown walls comes into the picture....
    Before it happens, that is before you take the plunge, you are very self conscious.... you keep thinking about yourself, making sure everything is perfect, making sure you look & act perfect and do everything exactly right... you dont want to make error or look stupid whenever you're going to do something new or going to a new place or whatever... you want everyone to have a perfect image of you, everyone to like you etc.... It's a natural thing.

Now..you made your waves...that is you took the plunge, fell in the water.... now AFTER you took the plunge you feel more comfortable again, because it's never as scary as it seems before you jump into the unknown.... you've stopped observing yourself, you've stopped making yourself seem perfect & you're just going with the flow being yourself without thinking twice about it....

So.....did you just just take the plunge into something unfamiliar?

hehe.

I don't know..let me know if I'm way out there. I could think up another couple of theories but this one stands out :0)

Thanks, Wyndemere You seem to be very good at this.
    Let's see...have I taken any plunges yet? Well, no, but maybe that could be the point of my dream? Sometimes I don't take risks and regret it afterwards. I guess I can't think of anything I've gone through recently that particularly stands out. But yeah, I haven't been worried about my image as much, recently. I think that when people worry about their appearance or are too self-conscious that this can affect their personality in a negative way, so I try to avoid that Perhaps this dream is a reminder to keep being myself? I'm not quite sure, either, but thanks for helping get on the right track! If you have any other suggestions you're willing to give, I'd love to hear them
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

well seeing as dreams reflect inner emotions a lot of times & not necessarily concrete actions that have happened,
    the dream could simply be a reflection of your desire to take the plunge on your own & yeah, be yourself no matter what

You were sitting on the tube and you didn't fall in the water until everyone else started rocking & once you did, it wasn't a big deal .... You just went straight back and slid back down. You started rocking the boat but needed your friends' help to help you take the plunge.... and after you did you weren't concerned about how you ... or your crush...would look at you cause by then you felt comfortable?

THis interpretation makes more sense once you told me there was no concrete events leading up to your dream

Shayla and Wynd --

Ok - this is better than the lemonade stand - you two really should set up shop and charge a fee. We could chip in a $5 donation to the FORT each time you two sit down and analyze them.

Really, the two of you are very intuitive - and in diverse and yet complimentary ways. I'm in awe ...

Dream 9

Okay - I am too right brained for this (or is it left? .. um, I am very linear) but looking up some of the symbolism in my dream book was interesting and may add some insight to what Wynd has already said.

Guns/Bullets: Words
    Right (natural) hand (deeds)
    Stairs: Steps, as in a process, sometimes including the concept of time
    MLK makes an interesting appearance. Not only was he a Dr. (healer) but a preacher (messenger, messenger of God)

Wynd and Bumpkin, thank you for your analyses.

Wynd, I think you're correct and insightful. I appreciate that you took the time to consider all aspects of the dream and that you wrote a long, in-depth post.

MLK, Jr. is certainly a hero/healer, in my world, and he represents also a careful speechwriter and deep thinker. I've used some of his writing in my courses, especially his "Letter from Birmingham Jail." I think you're right that, in my own way, I'm forging my way in this world despite apparent resistance, my own negative thought patterns perhaps. At this time I'm experiencing no resistance from other people. In retrospect, I think the man falling down the stairs represents how I used to think of myself and other people (they were on the offensive), when really the double-take indicates that they're no longer attackers; they fall into my arms and request something uplifting or inspiring. Maybe this dream is a way of saying to me, "You used to be such a jerk, and now you're not."

Analyst
    dream 10 I think the "operating theater" idea suggests that perhaps you and your family are undergoing some kind of scrutiny, either by a critical you (are you embarrassed or ashamed of something?) or by someone on the outside. Or, you feel the need to fix something about yourself, and it is tied to your upbringing (your parents influenced you somehow). Because the operation is public, it could mean that others bear witness to your criticisms or complaints.

dream 11 I like Wynd's analysis of the fun/dull motifs. Water often represents the unconscious or the emotions. It seems the wave motions mean that your emotions have undulated, especially with regards to your fixation on a crush object. You focus on your crush but he doesn't look at you. In the meantime, you experience the up and down quality caused by emotional tides. But you notice that you create the water's movement on your own. You even inspire others to come along for the ride. In the mean time you and your friends are all sad and joyful, alternately, due to the experience of love and longing. The accumulated effect is that you continuously "fall for" someone, and then you start the process again.

+ Reply to Thread