+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I had a dream about riding a bus down a steep hill. I looked at a dream interpretation site to try to figure out what it could have meant, but I couldn't find any information. I also had a dream where I put all of my pets outside my front door... except that I don't have any pets.
    Dreaming about going downhill signals a feeling of losing control of some part of your life--which I'm sure all of us feel at one time. And maybe you've been thinking of getting a pet or wishing for one....?

I have never ever lost my keys, cell phone, purse or wallet in my whole life. But most of my dreams that are unsettling enough to remember when I wake center on my being someplace unfamiliar and I have lost my purse (money) and phone, can't remember where I parked my car, and haven't any way to find help to get home. Other times I am in the hallway at school and I can't remember my locker combination and I'm in my nightgown and my clothes and purse are locked inside. The other recurring, but less frequent, dream is when the sky is full of huge spaceships like in the Independence Day movie and all the people are saying, "Well, it's finally really here." Those dreams aren't just unsettling, but very scary.

Last night I dreamt that I was driving all around in an old neighborhood in the City looking for a white wicker chair and a big full Boston Fern to put in my white wicker plant stand. In my RL I actually am looking for a new fern for my plant stand, but don't need another white wicker chair. And I haven't been in that neighborhood for years, but it shows up in my dreams along with people I haven't seen in years including my diseased parents.

Recently I read that liberals dream more and are more likely to remember their dreams than conservatives. If anyone is interested I could hunt that article down.
    Last edited by Punkin; 02-11-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

I found this site that may help with the losing things dreams!! Dreams About Losing Things: What Do My Dreams Mean? | Dream Prophesy
    Debb70 likes this.

How interesting that is! It happens that I can pin down last time I had the "losing things" dream. It was Friday night and I had 'wasted' that whole day immersed in a book instead of starting or completing any one of three things I had on my 'to do' agenda and I'd have felt better if I had completed at least one. How nutty, though, because I am retired and have no deadlines. Hard to kick that old work habit of getting things done by the clock. But, still I guess I feel overwhelmed when I don't fill those unnecessary, self-imposed deadlines.

I have some of the most unusual dreams I can't even begin to explain them for fear of being labeled crazy lol. For example, flying, gum sticking to teeth, phone dialing in an emergency but I keep dialing wrong number, back in school test taking, demons, and repetitive dreams so often they seem like things that really happened, to name a few. And those are just the ones I remember!
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

How funny, Archie! "Back in school", well, maybe we all have that one! But even if I don't 'lose' my cell phone in my dream, I have NEVER been able to successfully dial a number! EVER! It's always something!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    How funny, Archie! "Back in school", well, maybe we all have that one! But even if I don't 'lose' my cell phone in my dream, I have NEVER been able to successfully dial a number! EVER! It's always something!
    I know, isn't that weird? I frantically try to reach someone and keep dialing the wrong number. And when I go to check my contacts, their number isn't in there and I can't seem to remember the right number. It's very frustrating. I also have the ability to lucid dream at times and when I find myself in a particularly frustrating or scary dream I sometimes can "wake" in the dream and either manipulate the outcome or leave and start a new dream.

I also have traffic dreams, where I'm on a very busy interstate with loops and bridges and although I don't have an accident, I'm very nervous the whole time and often get off on the wrong exit and can't get back on the right road. I can evaluate that one easily though as I don't like driving in big cities and on interstates or high bridges. I've done my share of that in the past but avoid it now if I can.
    Punkin likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

It's amazing how many dreams we have in common! I have those too. The phone call that won't go through is so frustrating. With me, there's usually an emergency too, like someone is breaking into the house or someone is chasing me. Scary!

I also have recurring dreams of being in a car that is not working properly, such as the brakes not working or steering is not right. I try real hard and get it working, but then it messes up again. I'm afraid for my safety, but keep driving.

School tests and not prepared I used to have a lot, but not so much lately.

My dreams are very vivid, bizarre and memorable. I noted the comment up thread about people with these type of dreams normally being liberals. That is true with me. I consider myself quite liberal. I wonder if there is a correlation. I would like to read the article if you still have the link.

I would like to read that, too. I'm quite liberal and my dreams are always vivid and interesting. I usually only post here if a dream is disturbing or nudges me to try to figure it out. Most of the time I have a pretty good idea what's going on.
    Count your blessings!

This is the article I referred to:

http://2012election.procon.org/sourc...servatives.pdf

This is one of 16 peer reviewed papers discussing the physiological differences between liberal and conservative brains. For the other interesting studies and description of the physiological differences (it's all about the larger anterior cingulate cortex of the liberal vs the larger amygdala of the conservative):

Differences in Conservative and Liberal Brains - 2012 Presidential Election - ProCon.org
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread