+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Personally no....
    I'm one of these people who feel dreams have no meanings except for the ones we attach to them. I notice my dreams tend to echo what occured that day (Friday for example I was talking to a mother of a prom goer and looking at prom pictures from another mother. That night I dreamed about my senior prom, improving it by booting the boyfriend who did take me (and dumped me the next day) and substuting the guy who told me years later that he wished he had gotten up the nerve to ask me)

When I have work issues, I dream about work...either present or past, when I have family issues I dream about family etc etc.

Of course, maybe I'm just boring.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by Shayla
    You know, I think real psychologists (not hacks like us) would say something like: what do ghosts mean TO YOU?
    Shayla -- that's funny. It's why I find therapy boring. (extra large smiley).

You and Wynd have certainly earned your Jr. Psychology degree.
    :smile

Originally posted by Shayla
    Do you think it's possible to find symbolic meaning in a lucid dream?
    I've read an interesting theory:

If you dream and all the symbols are rational/logical - that is - you dream about driving a car down a highway ... or going to dinner with an old friend, or of a past love, etc. then the dream is symbolic.

If your dream has any element that is fantastical (i.e; the car sprouts wings and takes flight) then the rest of the dream (regardless of the rational symbols within) is just a jumble of images regurgitated from your psyche.

Originally posted by Bumpkin
    You and Wynd have certainly earned your Jr. Psychology degree.

Can I put that on my resume?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Wynd, I think we should be business partners, perhaps open up a booth. Dream analysis and fresh lemonade, 25 cents.

Hey that's a great idea....hmm... 25 cents? I think people would pay a buck, don't you?

Yes, especially if they could get a refreshment.

Dreamer

Dream 9 (I think)

I lived in a society where everyone carried guns, OPENLY. I had a little glock pistol, which I held in my right hand, rather than a holster. While walking up a flight of stairs in a concert hall (where there was more of a conference of different organizations, not a concert), a man walking down the stairs appeared to try to attack me. I cocked the glock (heheh) and, within a time-expanded second, chose not to shoot; I realized the man was not attacking me but was falling down the stairs. So I caught him! He seemed sick, so I carried him up the stairs (in the dream I was physically stronger than in real life) and placed him in a gurney.

Then Martin Luther King, Jr. showed up! He walked over to the man in the gurney and they had a heartfelt moment. They were very good friends, from what I could tell. I tried not to eavesdrop on their conversation. It was kind of as if MLK, Jr. was the sick man's doctor and was healing him.

The dream then shifted, and I was sitting on the lawn with several of my friends. We were about to play a game. A gust of wind blew and all the pollen in the grass rose up. The pollen in the dream was intensely magnified, so it looked as if small yellow sprinkles wafted up. It became increasingly harder to breathe...

It seems to me like you are headed somewhere, most likely mentally, but you are faced with some sort of resistance and feel a need to defend yourself, defend your actions or your ideas to people around you, as well as to yourself. You're carrying a small gun, which means you're uncertain that you'll be able to defend yourself against the ones with larger guns, i.e people you consider to be stronger than yourself. You're physically very strong in the dream, perhaps a metaphor for an inner strength you wish to project to others in order to shoot them down (literally speaking) and make way for your new ideas or new you or something similar (hate to bring up that old you - new you yet again in your dreams, but it seems to be a reccurring subject in your particular dreams .... hehe

The man walking down the stairs is most likely another aspect of yourself. At first you're attacking yourself & ready to beat yourself up over whatever it is you want to do, then the aspect of you heading down is sick & defeated.... You are heading back down to where you came from, back to point 0, but you won't let yourself go back, and summon all your strength to keep going in the direction you are already headed, even if further resistance due to the body you are carrying, in addition to climb the stairs.

I was wondering what association you had with MLK, if you had written a paper or something about him or how he came into the picture. Then as I thought about your dream, I found it natural that you would dream about Martin Luther King, since he too was one who stood up to face opposition and fight for what he believed in and fought to make other people see what HE believed was right and wrong.... I believe MLK would be a hero to anyone who is trying to go against the grain & fight their way to change & become someone they want to be, despite what the rest of society & the rest of their surroundings think.
    Having said that, I think ultimately the aspect of you going up the stairs want to be MLK (not literally of course) & stand up for your rights and fight back for what you believe in. MLK was healing the part of you that was sick and even maybe dying, i.e YOU are convincing the part of you who is still in doubt (the one going back down the stairs) to get comfortable, to stop going backwards and move forward. You didn't say whether MLK successfully healed the man, which means there is no result yet whether a part of you still want to go back or if you want to move forward as a complete person, beliving 100% that what you are doing and the destination you are headed towards is right for you no matter what.

The last part of your dream where it shifts, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the previous part.
    My first instinct would be to say that you've been bothered by allergies lately.... hehe. (yeah I know, any dumbwit could figure that one out.... )

However, I have a couple of theories on the last part, I think they are somewhat connected to one another.

Thinking back to the sick person you carried up the stairs, it could be a symbol as well.... maybe during the dream you subconsciously made up your mind & "killed off" the sick man, i,e the other aspect of yourself, that was about to return back to where you came from.....
    MLK healing the sick person would perhaps mean killing the sick person off, to allow YOU (as the person walking UP the stairs) to continue as one... so he would still be healing you by strangling the "sick" part of you so that you can concentrate on what you are doing & where you are going without worrying about the part of you that wants to move back ....

Only MLK wouldn't kill anybody....so it switched to allergies, which is associated with breathing problems.

Another thought on the last part of your dream is, like I said in the beginning of my analysis, it seems you are headed somewhere but are met with a resistance.... well, the heavy breathing could also be a symbol of the resistance you are facing, as it is slowly suffricating you, making you sick and making you want to turn around and go back. (like the sick person falling down the stairs...) In short, the shorter last part of your dream could be a summary of the longer part you dreamed earlier...
    Same meaning, just in a smaller dream package.

Hm...well. Did that make sense? It does to me theoretically but we'll see if it matches realistically

Dream 10

Well, I had a pretty peculiar dream last night and would like to share it with you guys.

I had a very bizzare nightmare last night. I was in a room and suddenly doctors, or people called me into a room, possibly an operating theatre. There, they gave me something a sniff and suddenly I was unconscious. When I woke up, I found like this device on me. What was worst, all my family members were undergoing the same thing?? I tried to stop them, and that's all I can remember.

Could somebody try to analyze this?
    All good things come to an end.

+ Reply to Thread