+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

FORT Fogey

Re: What does my dream mean?

In my dream, I could smell cigarette smoke in my place. The smoking was being done by a new tenant, who was a stranger. Where I live there is a new rule that the tenants can't smoke inside... so they smoke on the stairs, by the front gate, by the dumpster. I don't know if there is any meaning to my dream of someone smoking in my living room... other than the fact that since the smokers must do all of their smoking outside, I now sometimes inhale their secondhand smoke when I walk by them. I had another dream about stuff that was delivered from a city about 30 or 40 miles north of where I live. The significance of that city is that I saw a macrobiotic practitioner there several years ago. I also found out about two tourist spots in that location which might, or might not, be interesting.

So the smoke thing sounds like it's just your irritation that the new rule is putting smoke into "your" space when it wasn't before.
    The package delivery could have just been a reminder that you wanted to try out the tourist spots or your subconscious picked up on something there that you would enjoy. Go for it!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

The area 30 or 40 miles north of where I live is mostly rural, with some small cities. In my dream there were some possible tourist attrations in that area, but in real life that area doesn't have any tourist attractions that I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    So the smoke thing sounds like it's just your irritation that the new rule is putting smoke into "your" space when it wasn't before.
    The package delivery could have just been a reminder that you wanted to try out the tourist spots or your subconscious picked up on something there that you would enjoy. Go for it!
    Seeing or smelling someone smoking is supposedly often an indication of dissension, disagreement or rebellion, so I think you got it right.

bachelorwatcher ... you may want to ask your landlord to consider banning smoking on the property ... or at least arrange for a designated area that doesn't disturb other tenants. Let the smokers cross the street to smoke. The schools here prohibit smoking on campus ... even in a car on campus!
    Our local hospitals, parks, restaurants, etc. all ban smoking,

When I was a smoker, I didn't understand the complaints and waving of hands, etc. by non-smokers walking by out of doors..

But ... now, as a former smoker ...I have a VERY powerful proboscis. and can't handle the smell at all!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Echo226, that interpretation makes sense. I've been reading about politicians... it's rare for them to help our most vulnerable citizens. So, when I had the dream about smelling cigarette smoke in my living room... my dream WAS about dissension, disagreement or rebellion. Also, I do what I can to avoid secondhand smoke, so that also could have been part of the reason I had that dream. I also had a third dream the night I had those two other dreams. My third dream was about firefighters. I didn't want to write about my firefighter dream because I've talked to several firefighters, and I'm disapointed with their comments and attitudes. (example: One firefighter I talked to said that universal health care is communism). In my dream, a firefighter was putting out a fire in their own house. Also, in my dream, I had a pleasant conversation with another firefighter. I read that, in dreams, firefighters are a symbol of heroes and of hope. I also read that dreams about a firefighter could mean that the person who had the dream, or someone else, is doing everything possible to deal with a problem that has gotten out of control.

bachelorwatcher it really does appear that your dreams are somehow all tied or connected

There is dissension and disappointment, and out of control situations as well as hope and heroes. Maybe you are the hero who has to put out the metaphorical fires in your own house.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I appreciate your comments, echo226. It's unusual for me to have three dreams in a row... or maybe I have them, but I typically just remember the dream that I have while waking up. When I woke up, I woke up during a dream and I remembered that dream clearly. I also recalled the previous two dreams, but not that clearly, so I wrote the details of all three dreams in a notebook. I have written letters to politicians on the pages of that notebook. The letters are why I think I had the "dissension, disagreement, rebellion" dream about someone smoking in my living room. The firefighter dream was either my first or second dream. Either the dream about someone smoking, or the dream about stuff being delivered from the north, was the dream that I had while waking up. I think the order of my dreams was 1. firefighter, 2. cigarette smoke, 3. stuff being delivered from the north. I don't know if the order of dreams has any significance.

I don't know if the order has any significance, because I think they are all somehow connected so the order may or may not be important.

I also think your conscious awareness of the smoke situation has some bearing on this.

I am happy to tell you what I think about the dreams ... but I don't know .. it's just opinions and hopefully some food for thought that is of some help.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Dreams can be symbolic; they can be about experiences that the dreamer has; or they can be a combination of both, I guess. I plan on writing more letters. I'm curious about how my letters will affect my dreams.

FORT Fogey

In my most recent dream, I was back in college and living in a dorm. I was majoring in science, and had a lot of stuff, which I kept in neat piles outside my closet door, for my experiments. I had been working on an experiment in my dorm, and had three empty vitamin capsules as a result of that experiment. I read that dreaming about college is about expanding knowledge and awareness, and the dream suggests that now would be a good time to try new things. Dreaming about a dorm supposedly represents the value placed on knowledge and education. I've been doing a lot of online reading about gum infections... that could be the knowledge that the dream is about. I read that to dream about working on an experiment means that I need to be more daring and try something new and different.

+ Reply to Thread