+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Whenever I'm experiencing bad stress, I have a nightmare about when I worked for a local televangelist's (and his Machiavellian shrew of a wife) pseudo-church -- long ago. I had another one of these weird dreams two nights ago. The one before that was when hubby was going through cancer surgery + complications this past January. My freelance biz has been in a slump since then. No mystery as to what the other night's nightmare meant.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That's interesting that when you are stressed you dream about a place you worked years ago. I have done that too. I looked it up and it said that we must miss something about the old job and that there was something about the old job we prefer to our new job. Maybe we had friends there that we miss.

That's difficult to believe because the old job I dream about a lot was very stressful and I had an issue with one of the people who worked there. I left because I was not happy there. HOWEVER, I wasn't the boss there and I had less responsiblity, so I guess that part was nice. lol

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Hey! I've had a similar dream with Reese's peanut butter cups. Haven't had it in a long time but I used to dream about it fairly regularly.

In my dream I was eating peanut butter cups and suddenly didn't like the taste of them anymore so I tried taking a half chewed one out of my mouth but it was like a never-ending rope. Never could get it all out of my mouth. Weird.

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with something I've said that I wish I could take back. Maybe yours is there's something you want to say but can't get it out? I don't know.
    Just this weeekend I had a dream like this, except that is was chocolate instead of a peanut butter cup. It's hard to remember the details of the dream but I was away from home, like at a college or at a fair or carnival. I was eating something I wasn't supposed to have (the chocolate) and kept going from room to room to get away from anyone who might see me. I could never finish the chocolate, though, and when I tried to take the chocolate out of my mouth, it did the endless rope thing.

It's so weird that I've had this recurring dream for years.

This time, I think the dream might be about me cheating on my diet while I was in Orlando and having the effects of that stay with me for a long time. I did lose the weight I gained while on vacation so hopefully I won't have that dream again, if that is what it means.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about walking across a suspension bridge. The bridge was about a mile long, and there was a mall the entire length of the bridge. When I got to the end of the bridge and mall, there was an auditiorum filled with people, but there wasn't a show planned. I read that dreams about bridges are about important decisions and positives changes. Dreams about walking through malls are about a search for acceptable roles, choices and beliefs. Dreams about auditoriums are about learning from others.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I had a dream about walking across a suspension bridge. The bridge was about a mile long, and there was a mall the entire length of the bridge. When I got to the end of the bridge and mall, there was an auditiorum filled with people, but there wasn't a show planned. I read that dreams about bridges are about important decisions and positives changes. Dreams about walking through malls are about a search for acceptable roles, choices and beliefs. Dreams about auditoriums are about learning from others.
    Or acceptable clothes.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about riding a train. I saw a brightly colored riverboat and thought that the train could be in St. Louis, Missouri. Somebody on the train told me that we were actually in Montana. I rode a train across the country when I was three. Since then, I've had a lot of dreams about riding the train "back home." The train typically gets close to the right destination, although sometimes the train goes too far and I end up in New York City. I've read that riding a train is like life taking you where it will... when one rides a train, one can't control the destination. In real life, I could take a train to the exact cities where I used to live.

This one's a little freaky... I was having a kind of montage dream - teaching my art class, in a huge warehouse/outdoor setting with people on potters' wheels and other art stuff going on, but I was also planning a dinner for a friend and other people kept inviting themselves to come. One person was bringing a kid and someone else told me little kids like to eat pancakes. But then, a person, unrelated to anything going on in the dream, came up beside me, gave me a brown-spotted cowrie shell and told me to "give this to Nancy after her accident". Then in real life my smoke alarm went off for about 6 seconds, waking me up. The only Nancy I know is a friend I've parted ways with. She owns 3 Subway restaurants. I have to admit that the smoke alarm going off at that point in the dream unnerved me a little.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

After we took the train to move a long distance away when I was three, I had a dream almost every night about riding the train "back home." As an adult I then actually rode the train back home, out of curiosity, and to hopefully stop the train dreams. Of course I occasionally still have that same dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    This one's a little freaky... I was having a kind of montage dream - teaching my art class, in a huge warehouse/outdoor setting with people on potters' wheels and other art stuff going on, but I was also planning a dinner for a friend and other people kept inviting themselves to come. One person was bringing a kid and someone else told me little kids like to eat pancakes. But then, a person, unrelated to anything going on in the dream, came up beside me, gave me a brown-spotted cowrie shell and told me to "give this to Nancy after her accident". Then in real life my smoke alarm went off for about 6 seconds, waking me up. The only Nancy I know is a friend I've parted ways with. She owns 3 Subway restaurants. I have to admit that the smoke alarm going off at that point in the dream unnerved me a little.
    What a busy dream! I would be exhausted when I woke up. I found your dreaming of a friend from the past quite interesting, and having your smoke alarm go off for just a short time, eerie. Dug up some info on dreaming of cowrie shells--something I have never dreamt of--and what its supposed to mean.
    Dream Cowrie Shells | Dream Interpretation Cowrie Shells | Dream Meaning Cowrie Shells | Dream dictionary Cowrie Shells

Wow! Thank you for that. It gives me a lot to think about.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread