+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Thanks, you two. Still, I have to applaud Wyndemere's interpretation. Wynd, you are keenly attuned to the subtleties: the meanings of room items, the interp of whether or not people are present, the discussion of familiarity and comfort.

Bumpkin, isn't it funny that your dream includes a headboard? It occurred to me, when reading Wynd's post, that the headboard is kind of like looking into a mirror which reflects an opposite mirror--the infinite reflection thing. On a bed you dream of a bed. Infinite loop.

The bed could represent this dream or your dreaming self or the part of you that is asleep.

cool stuff. i have nothing to add but just wanted to say that i find this all fascinating. what a great talent to interpret dreams you have. i will certainly come here first when i want to know why my dreams mean.

Wynd, Shayla -- I am just blown away by the insights you have offered (and by the time it took to reflect on the deeper meanings of the dreams).

this one was especially important to me because it was a 'theme' that I couldn't figure out.

I've sat down to express my thanks and to point out how right on the interpretations were for me personally several times, but end up in the TMI-zone (too much information)

I may PM you individually later, but for your interpretations.

I think it also helps the analyst to have some indication of what is going on in a person's life - it is hard to just look at a dream standing alone and figure out what the meaning is.

Gracias to you both.

BTW, Last night, I dreamed I was a ghost ... I don't even WANT to know what that means!

I hope you do post a dream, splatty.

Happy to be helpful, Bumpkin. I'll hold back on the ghost dream. Though I'm thinking Wynd is in the position I am here, fingers poised an inch above the keyboard, waiting for your go.

I'm really happy that we could actually be of help with something that has been "bothering" you sort of for awhile... That's great news!

I think the ghost dream doesn't have to be scary at all, depends on the surroundings you found yourself in when you were a ghost etc ..... =) I have some thoughts but I will hold back as well until ... or IF ... you decide you want to know more hehe
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

shayla and wynd - you guys are cracking me up.

Generally I don't have dreams I remember the next day. But when I do, they are always vivid and *interesting* Lately, even more so, but I think it is an indicator of stress and allowing outside pressures to draw me away from my spiritual center.

The ghost dream: was walking alongside a lake. Somehow there was an underlying plot for a horror movie/murder mystery (no haven't read anything, watched anything lately to contribute to this). A young woman and a young couple had been killed and dropped in the lake.

Next thing I knew I was rising up out of the water (can't swim - so that's terrifying in itself) and I woke myself up saying out loud (I mean, really -- out loud) "I'm a ghost."

::: taking my spot on the couch now, while you get your notepads :::

So...tell us about your childhood...

Just kidding. Ok... I don't think it's as scary as it sounds.

This is my theory ...

The water would signify a cleansing of some sort.... that's my guess anyhow. Cleaning up & washing off something old.... and renewing yourself. I.e. the killing off the young woman ... could signify you moving on with your life, leaving some kind of past history behind you .... I think it's a serious past, a very deep and intriguing past, this is why the surroundings are kind of "spooky" and it makes you nervous..... and your past isn't GONE persae but you have dealt with it & feel renewed somehow.....
    You rise from the water as a ghost, it's you but not really .... it's you from the past....

The young couple, I've got a couple of theories:

The first one is that it maybe deals with a past relationship that has been haunting you, an ex-boyfriend or ex-fiancee perhaps?
    I mean we all have exes that still haunts us, some more than others.... for a long long time into the future, even if we're not aware of it on a daily basis, especially if it's someone that had an important impact on your life somehow.... probably if I see it in light of the young woman that was also dumped in the lake...a negative past in this relationship.... that has taken a long time to come to terms with. (I dont mean to sound dark really... lol ...could be any kind of impact on your life .... just kind of connected it to the spooky surroundings of your dream)

Again I'm thinking back to what you said before about your possible future move.... maybe since you are thinking of moving away, you feel that you can finally put a great distance between you and this past relationship, both physically and mentally...

And maybe this is connected with the young woman that is killed & dropped in the lake.... by forgetting this past relationship you are renewing yourself and moving on.

I'm leaning more towards this theory on the relationship from the past since you said it was a younger couple (young, I'm not saying you are OLD now but it's a younger couple compared to where you are today...)

But I'll post the second one too:
    This was a more concrete one that I kind of know about because you mentioned the move before: Did you guys by any chance make up your decision on the job change & move you were talking about earlier this week? Or if not out loud... did YOU make a decision on your own that you're ready to tell your husband about ... i.e you want to do the move.... move on ... leaving the past behind you.

I'm sure I could write a term paper on this, but incase I'm totally way off base, I'll quit before I embarrass myself too much lol
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Wow -- I had definitely attached darker motives to the ghost dream. But I like the idea of the water meaning a renewal of some kind.

The move is related to a project I've been working on. If we win the project, I'll make the move, but we won't know for a few weeks. Regardless, I've had to negotiate the move with my boss already, and we've done a fair amount of researching the area, talking about how it will be a good move for us. So it's been very much in my mind.

Interesting -- and it hasn't really been a conscious thought that I have dealt with or given a second glimpse, but for many reasons both personal and spiritual, this seems to be a time of transformation in my life, which I find both confusing and exciting.

Now I'm going to string all this together ...

You know, I think real psychologists (not hacks like us) would say something like: what do ghosts mean TO YOU?

But, since it's more fun to give two-bit advice, here goes. Often, water is a symbol of the unconscious mind. The ghost is a remnant of the past, an old "you," which haunts your current life. But lakes are often placid, unlike oceans, so though you can't swim, you aren't experiencing tumultous fears.

Another thought: the young woman and the young couple represent you during prior time periods. So, perhaps, unlike the typical trajectory of the past haunting the present, you (as the ghost) in the present haunt the past.

The fact that you can't swim seems important here, too. Perhaps the woman and the couple have been subsumed by "I can't." These were possible life trajectories or ideas which ended because you couldn't float...

Or perhaps you fear that a concept of yourself (as youthful, vivacious, alive) or a concept of your relationship will be submerged by a fear of failure? Concepts, in the symbolic sense, seem ethereal, ghostly. In your dream, the concepts were tangible, but they were killed. And you were intangible, but you rose up out of your fear of failure to say I AM A CONCEPT.

Tired sillies. Ask me again in the morning.

Do you think it's possible to find symbolic meaning in a lucid dream?

+ Reply to Thread