+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Wow Gutmutter! I too am a mentor (however I have a Little Brother- even thought I am older than his mom). Very hard how these kids grow up.

I had to tell you that I dreamt of puppies, dogs and birds in one store and you could just run around and pet dogs and puppies. I think this might be my best dream ever (also my mom was there).
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Isn't being a Big the best? They matched us so perfectly, too. We "get" each other. And we crack each other up.
    Your dream sounds lovely. That's the kind of dream I like to have.
    Count your blessings!

I actually am mentoring with the Family Center that is located in NYC. They focus on children under the poverty with terminally ill care givers. I feel like I am part of their family, the grandmother calls me to tell me his grades.

Anyhoo, on topic: My dream was so awesome and the amazing thing was that there wasn't any dog fur on the rugs. Best dream ever!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about going on a vacation in a natural setting. For some reason there wasn't much to see, even though I tried finding about things that might be interesting for tourists. The only natural settings that I see are on TV. I live in a city.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I have strange dreams sometimes where I find out that certain celebrities have died (all of whom are still alive today). Last night I had a dream that I found out Jodie Foster died. But not only that, but that she'd been dead since 2009. What does this mean? Am I sick?

Are they actors you are particularly fond of? Maybe it's your mind reminding you that there's a separation between you and them.
    I had a very vivid dream this morning just before I woke. I was on my way to school and I remembered I needed jigsaw puzzles (which I do) so I stopped to get some but it was taking me a long time to pick them out and I was very aware that I was going to be late for work. When I finally got to work, the school was riddled with bullet holes and there was chaos inside. Someone had come with a gun and shot up the school with mass casualties. People kept telling me that if I had been on time, I would have been killed because everyone in that area of the building was.
    I live in Mass. where the marathon tragedy just happened and Shady Hook is still fresh on our minds, so I get that part. It was so real, though. *shudder*
    Count your blessings!

The dream about the actors being dead, but not really being dead is a mystery. Do you admire the actors you dream about? Do you watch a lot of movies? When I fall asleep in front of the tv, I will often dream of what is on. Like I am trying to mop a floor in my dream and when I went to sleep there was an infomercial on mops. lol

Perhaps the dream about a shooting at your workplace Guttmutter, was your inner fear and sadness coming out. That's easy to understand since you live near the tragedy. Perhaps the jigsaw puzzle was you trying to make sense of the violence and trying to figure out the mystery of who did it, why, etc. Years of ago when I worked at a police department, I had to read reports of violence from across the nation, such as BOLO for missing people, murder suspects, etc. And my co-workers lives were on the line everyday in the field. I had nighmares of violence almost every night. Those dreams went away when I left that job.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I have strange dreams sometimes where I find out that certain celebrities have died (all of whom are still alive today). Last night I had a dream that I found out Jodie Foster died. But not only that, but that she'd been dead since 2009. What does this mean? Am I sick?
    I have an possible answer here and I am not sure how to explain ... but I will suggest that the celebs you dreamed had died had possibly gotten married, announced a marriage/engagement .... or something of that nature. As for Jodie Foster, she won something and people were anticipating that she was going to "come out"? Is it possible she now has a partner, or is an advocate for same sex marriage?

I am not nutz ... it is an old family belief thing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Are they actors you are particularly fond of? Maybe it's your mind reminding you that there's a separation between you and them.
    I had a very vivid dream this morning just before I woke. I was on my way to school and I remembered I needed jigsaw puzzles (which I do) so I stopped to get some but it was taking me a long time to pick them out and I was very aware that I was going to be late for work. When I finally got to work, the school was riddled with bullet holes and there was chaos inside. Someone had come with a gun and shot up the school with mass casualties. People kept telling me that if I had been on time, I would have been killed because everyone in that area of the building was.
    I live in Mass. where the marathon tragedy just happened and Shady Hook is still fresh on our minds, so I get that part. It was so real, though. *shudder*
    It is hard to believe that this dream wasn't stimulated by the marathon bombing and thoughts of Shady Hook.

The marathon incident just brought your sub-conscious mind to a place where you may still feel vulnerable. However, there is a message in your dream. Your dream is telling you that you are safe and/or time helps these (emotional) wounds to heal?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you echo. I like that interpretation. Most of our shows are pre-empted for marathon tragedy news this week, so it's hard to turn on the tv without being bombarded.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread