+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had a horrible nightmare a few nights ago. I don't want to go into details, but it really unnerved me. I had to get up and read/watch tv before I could get back to sleep. I never have nightmares and this one felt like a truly evil presence was intruding. How do others deal with nightmares like that?
    I get up, walk around the house, have a drink of water. I look at the house, the dog, the couch, the windows, etc.
    Once I get totally aware of my surroundings & realize that nomatter how awful, it was just a dream, I'm OK & go back to bed.
    Then I lie on the opposite side, or if I had been on my back, the belly. For some reason that psychs me out that the dream won't come back or continue.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I get up, walk around the house, have a drink of water. I look at the house, the dog, the couch, the windows, etc.
    Once I get totally aware of my surroundings & realize that nomatter how awful, it was just a dream, I'm OK & go back to bed.
    Then I lie on the opposite side, or if I had been on my back, the belly. For some reason that psychs me out that the dream won't come back or continue.
    Excellent strategies to bring you back into the real world.

I also think that sometimes we forget how much effect dreams had on our pre-literate ancestors. Entire religions and philosophies were sometimes formed and founded on the basis of someone's "unusual" dreams. We just think we ought to be immune because of our science and our technology. But our brains still have the same equipment that our ancestors' brains had.
    And the same capabilities to combine info in new and startling and sometimes frightening ways as we sleep.

I appreciate all the advice on how to dispel a bad dream. It really freaked me out. I never have bad dreams, so it really threw me for a loop. It involved my deceased father who I was initially thrilled to see, but turned out to be an evil spirit trying to trick me, then my Little Sister was doing cocaine in my bathroom and getting nasty with a guy while under my watch. When I broke it up, she turned on me... we actually have a wonderful relationship and nothing like that would ever happen.
    Count your blessings!

Long time ago I had a dream my deceased sister had come back to life; and she wanted to play/swim in my mothers pond. I kept yelling at her to stop that (thinking she was going to drown).

In the 19 years since her passing away, I have had just two dreams where she came back to life. Maybe I had two more aside from that where she was in them (but no recognition that she had been deceased).
    cablejockey likes this.
    You can do it!

I appreciate all the advice on how to dispel a bad dream. It really freaked me out. I never have bad dreams, so it really threw me for a loop. It involved my deceased father who I was initially thrilled to see, but turned out to be an evil spirit trying to trick me, then my Little Sister was doing cocaine in my bathroom and getting nasty with a guy while under my watch. When I broke it up, she turned on me... we actually have a wonderful relationship and nothing like that would ever happen.
    I have often heard/read that dreams can mean the opposite of what they seem to mean.

They can also be something like a reminder ... that is something to call your attention to your sister, your Dad or some unfinished business between you and your sister, possibly involving or regarding your Dad? Could it also be possible that you worry about your sister ... kind of like a parent?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry not to be clear. When I use capitals with Little Sister, I mean my match with Big Brothers/Big Sisters. I've been her Big Sister for 8 years starting when she was 8 years old. Now she's 16 and navigating how to go to college coming from a low income home, single (pregnant!) mother. I do worry about her, but she would never turn on me like she did in the dream. Maybe that was a fear I was facing. She never knew my dad. The really scary part was how thrilled I was to see my dad and then he changed into this evil creature who had been drawing me in just to torture me. I have my theories on evil entities, but I hope never to encounter one again.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, that's great news that you have been a Big Sister for this young lady. It's great news she is planning for college. I'm sure she thinks the world of you.

I had a very odd dream recently, AGAIN. lol I pulled up to a gas station to get gas. In order to get the gas you had to drive your car into this tunnel like contraption. Once I drove into the tunnel like contraption, there was a wall in front of me. (Almost like a rock wall, but made of concrete.) The only option was to drive the car straight up the wall. Well, you can imagine how difficult it is to drive a car straight up a concrete wall. I gave it gas and tried, but the only way to do it was to put my arms and legs outside of the vehicle and push. Eventually, I got it out of that tunnel! I went to the cashier and paid him $20.00 though, I don't recall ever putting the gas into the car. I then explained to him what happened to me in the tunnel. I told him I was filing a police and insurance report, though there was no apparent damage to my car. I said I would be getting medical bills and they would have to cover them.

CRAZY dream, IMO.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Gutmutter, that's great news that you have been a Big Sister for this young lady. It's great news she is planning for college. I'm sure she thinks the world of you.

I had a very odd dream recently, AGAIN. lol I pulled up to a gas station to get gas. In order to get the gas you had to drive your car into this tunnel like contraption. Once I drove into the tunnel like contraption, there was a wall in front of me. (Almost like a rock wall, but made of concrete.) The only option was to drive the car straight up the wall. Well, you can imagine how difficult it is to drive a car straight up a concrete wall. I gave it gas and tried, but the only way to do it was to put my arms and legs outside of the vehicle and push. Eventually, I got it out of that tunnel! I went to the cashier and paid him $20.00 though, I don't recall ever putting the gas into the car. I then explained to him what happened to me in the tunnel. I told him I was filing a police and insurance report, though there was no apparent damage to my car. I said I would be getting medical bills and they would have to cover them.

CRAZY dream, IMO.
    Boy. That sounds like some worry/concern about your car ... or travel, maybe? Have you been ignoring funny car "noises" or in some denial about needing a new car. The fact that you had to personally exert so much effort, has some meaning here too like having to always pay for all the gas or being the main driver or something.

Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry not to be clear. When I use capitals with Little Sister, I mean my match with Big Brothers/Big Sisters. I've been her Big Sister for 8 years starting when she was 8 years old. Now she's 16 and navigating how to go to college coming from a low income home, single (pregnant!) mother. I do worry about her, but she would never turn on me like she did in the dream. Maybe that was a fear I was facing. She never knew my dad. The really scary part was how thrilled I was to see my dad and then he changed into this evil creature who had been drawing me in just to torture me. I have my theories on evil entities, but I hope never to encounter one again.
    Lucky Little Sister!

So I guess that brings it back to dreams possibly meaning the opposite. Typically, a teen in that home environment being exposed to a drug culture wouldn't be surprising. So ... may be a worry lurking in the back of your mind. Worry about her vulnerability, that is. It also doesn't sound like there is a father in the picture, so maybe the evil is representative ?

Congratulations on being a Big Sister!

Mohandas Gandhi

Oh! Good catch! Maybe my concerns about her mom's new baby-daddy deserting her was more what my subconscious was chewing on. Hmmmm. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread