+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    This doesn't have anything to do with a dream, but it is such a strange coincidence that I've always wondered if there was more to it (your post reminded me of it). The last long-term relationship I was in before I got married, my boyfriend was hit by a car when he was riding his bike with resulting brain surgery. I later found out that the previous two boyfriends I had before him had brain trauma on the same day... one from a high fever causing seizures, and one from being in a car accident.
    That is so wild! There are so many things that cannot be explained. It's so interesting to me. The universe holds so many mysteries.

Oh, I forgot about this other dream I had about 2 years ago. I had a vivid dream about a guy I was in a relationship with in college. When I awoke, I couldn't stop thinking about him and I haven't seen or heard from the guy in over 15 years at the time. As I left the house, I picked up the mail, that had been in the mail box by the front door. I had forgotten to get it the day before. When I looked down, I discovered I had received a letter from this guy's best friend/roommate in college, who had actually introduced us! It was about honor fraternity alum, stuff, but still.....so crazy! That's the last experience I had like that.

FORT Fogey

I had a dream about trying to squoosh a cockroach.

FORT Fogey

In my most recent dream I was in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. I was going to go to college in one of those cities. The local train was a lot like the local train where I live, so in the dream I thought that would make it easy to get around the city.

Since I quit smoking, I am having more dreams and they are very detailed! So I tell myself I'm going to write that time and by the time I'm up and have my coffee/breakfast ... I've forgotten most of it.

I need a dream journal!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry for the double post ... but I read up and back and noticed some talk about what I have been calling pre-cognitive dreams and episodes.
    It has been happening since I was a small child ... but no ... I don't dream the lottery numbers!
    Rarely is it anything positive ... it usually ends up being something not good so I get nervous when it happens.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Since I quit smoking, I am having more dreams and they are very detailed! So I tell myself I'm going to write that time and by the time I'm up and have my coffee/breakfast ... I've forgotten most of it.

I need a dream journal!
    Echo:
    An easy way to record dreams is to have a notebook and pen/pencil on the table next to your bed and to get in the habit of writing down whatever you can remember as soon as you wake up. Most people's dreams disappear quickly upon awakening so it's important to get them down instantly.

Also it helps some people to remember their dreams if you say just before you go to sleep: "I remember my dreams." Be sure to put the statement in the present tense (Not "I WILL remember") because that is always in the future. The brain is very literal so always give it present tense and POSTIVE messages. The more you do this before you go to sleep the more you will probably be able to remember over time.

If you have any questions about any of this I will do my best to answer them. It does work for a lot of people.

(BTW you may be having more detailed dreams since you stopped smoking because more oxygen is getting to your brain. Seriously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Echo:
    An easy way to record dreams is to have a notebook and pen/pencil on the table next to your bed and to get in the habit of writing down whatever you can remember as soon as you wake up. Most people's dreams disappear quickly upon awakening so it's important to get them down instantly.

Also it helps some people to remember their dreams if you say just before you go to sleep: "I remember my dreams." Be sure to put the statement in the present tense (Not "I WILL remember") because that is always in the future. The brain is very literal so always give it present tense and POSTIVE messages. The more you do this before you go to sleep the more you will probably be able to remember over time.

If you have any questions about any of this I will do my best to answer them. It does work for a lot of people.

(BTW you may be having more detailed dreams since you stopped smoking because more oxygen is getting to your brain. Seriously.)
    Wow! Thank you for that. Just one more reason to be happy about quitting. By the way ... I have dreamed about smoking ... and most recently smoked an entire cigarette in my dream ... then remembered that I quit, walked out a door into a staircase and said to myself (still in my dream) "I'll have one more" and then woke up! interesting ... but it helped the little cravings I get once in a while.

ETA: I knew about the pen and paper thing ... but I forget it's there and get up and start moving and forget the dream!

I will try the positive thought of telling my self " I remember my dream" ... and see how that works. Thanks.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Mohandas Gandhi

I had a horrible nightmare a few nights ago. I don't want to go into details, but it really unnerved me. I had to get up and read/watch tv before I could get back to sleep. I never have nightmares and this one felt like a truly evil presence was intruding. How do others deal with nightmares like that?
    Count your blessings!

Realize that it is not real. Something in your life scared you or bothered you. And that is echoing into your subconscience and dream. Let the echo be a good one instead. Think good thoughts. Think good thoughts.

Good or bad, none of my dreams have ever had a future effect. Other than I have had fear before and I have thought that I might freak out or be rude or something. Like I do not like being a land lady. And the tenant did not pay me on time (like never does) and I had a bad dream...was really bothered. He did pay though. And he has been there three years. He is a really good person. And I know that. But I do not like being economically linked to others.
    Last edited by Lizard; 04-02-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    cablejockey likes this.
    You can do it!

For a couple of years after I quit smoking, I would dream of smoking every so often. It felt so real in every detail, then I would feel guilty for falling off the wagon!
    I can't say I have ever dreamt of something that came true later, now that would be interesting!

+ Reply to Thread