+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

I found this site that talks about dreams of flying. which might be helpful. Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Flying Dreams

Thanks! I'm a teacher and there have been recent new hurdles the state has set in place that I was worried about, but after a professional development day about it, I'm feeling like it probably won't be a big deal. We just ended one term with a couple of students who were making it their business to yank my chain every day, but the other 128 students were just darling. Funny how 2 rotten apples can ruin everything. So it may have been reminding me that I do enjoy my job a lot and students look up to me and flourish under my praise. Also that I'm still learning myself.
    Count your blessings!

God bless you teachers! My mom is one and they are so valuable! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with the things you must. Good luck. It sounds like you are feeling better about things.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I had an interesting dream last night, where I found out that "Santa Monica" by Theory of a Deadman was a cover of an old Dolly Parton song from the 70s or 80s.

Of course, this is not actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks! I'm a teacher and there have been recent new hurdles the state has set in place that I was worried about, but after a professional development day about it, I'm feeling like it probably won't be a big deal. We just ended one term with a couple of students who were making it their business to yank my chain every day, but the other 128 students were just darling. Funny how 2 rotten apples can ruin everything. So it may have been reminding me that I do enjoy my job a lot and students look up to me and flourish under my praise. Also that I'm still learning myself.

Even the best teacher will have two students that do not like her. Maybe you stand for dislike of college. Dislike of subject. Dislike of someother person who happens to resemble you. Or whatever they are working through. Maybe anybody who would require anything of anybody should have a bad day. But the obvious solution that you or other teachers know in their core is to visit the joy and hope of the others...just as you have said. (The solution was in you.)

We find different ways to stillness. Not asking questios of an emotional nature is one of them. Basking in the happiness of others is another.

Hope you have a great day Gutmutter. Give yourself a hug for your good accomplishments. Good job!
    Last edited by Lizard; 02-04-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    You can do it!

Thank you Lizard! I have started remembering my dreams more, now that I am consciously trying to remember them and write them down. I have a junky notebook for recording, but if one really strikes me, I copy it into a nicer, leather bound one with hand-made paper.
    Lizard likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I had an interesting dream last night, where I found out that "Santa Monica" by Theory of a Deadman was a cover of an old Dolly Parton song from the 70s or 80s.

Of course, this is not actually true.
    I bet that was something to see! I can't imagine Dolly doing that one. lol

Last night I had a rather disturbing dream. I dreamed that I got upset with someone in my office and when I went to let them know about it, my mouth was paralyzed and I could not speak. It frightened me, but later, it went away and my mouth was fine. Hmmmm.....I think I can read that one. lol

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I live alone, but my dreams are always crammed full of people - some I know, most I don't. As long as they don't threaten me, I'm fine with them milling around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The "experts' say that all the people in our dreams are those we have actually seen somewhere and we just retreive when we dream. If remember so few of my dreams lately I dont know if there are any people in them!! Lol.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

The some I don't really know do seem to be strangers, though some familiar faces become distorted and I have to sort them out.

One time I dreamed I was leaving my brother's cabin in the forest and the snow was piling up fast. I got so cold I was shaking. That is what woke me up and I discovered I needed another blanket on my bed. At least it gave me a warning. Another warning is when you are being smothered...probably an apnea attack. My worst experience with that was lying in a beautiful meadow with a clown in full makeup and costume covering my face in a silk scarf square.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread