+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    My situation, my dreams, are the opposite of yours. The house that I lived in from the ages of three to eight, was removed/"thrown away," because of eminent domain. In my dreams the house is still there. I've never had a dream about the parking lot, which is what our house was replaced with. According to dreammoods.com, to dream that a house has disappeared indicates that you are not feeling grounded, that you feel uprooted by a particular circumstance or relationship in your life.
    This makes sense. I think you are right on point. Now it makes sense.

I do often have very vivid, action packed dreams. Many times I am flying, skating, boating, driving, etc. For some reason I recall my dreams almost always when I awake. I recall some dreams many years later.

I think there are books on how you train yourself to do this. I've always been like that and I'm not sure why.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This makes sense. I think you are right on point. Now it makes sense. I do often have very vivid, action packed dreams. Many times I am flying, skating, boating, driving, etc. For some reason I recall my dreams almost always when I awake. I recall some dreams many years later. I think there are books on how you train yourself to do this. I've always been like that and I'm not sure why.
    When I read your comment, I remembered that I've had several dreams about ice skating at a rink. I don't think the ice is real in my dreams, maybe it's plastic... but I glide around the rink, just like when I was a child. When I woke up once recently, there was a dream that I vaguely recalled. Maybe the dream was vague because I woke up a few minutes after the dream ended, instead of while the dream was ending.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    When I read your comment, I remembered that I've had several dreams about ice skating at a rink. I don't think the ice is real in my dreams, maybe it's plastic... but I glide around the rink, just like when I was a child. When I woke up once recently, there was a dream that I vaguely recalled. Maybe the dream was vague because I woke up a few minutes after the dream ended, instead of while the dream was ending.
    Did you ice skate much as a child? I dream I can do things very well, that I don't actually know how to do, such as roller blade down the street very fast, play the piano very well, fly like the Flying Nun, etc. lol It's odd, but quite fun.
    I will say that I think I wake up during my dream, so it's fresh on my mind when I awake.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you ice skate much as a child? I dream I can do things very well, that I don't actually know how to do, such as roller blade down the street very fast, play the piano very well, fly like the Flying Nun, etc. lol It's odd, but quite fun. I will say that I think I wake up during my dream, so it's fresh on my mind when I awake.
    I took a few ice skating lessons when I was ten. I spent a lot of Saturdays skating at the rink when I was ten and eleven... then I lost interest in ice skating. When I tried ice skating as an adult, I hung on to the bar at the side of the rink while skating... something I never did as a child. In my ice skating dreams, I never hang on to the bar at the side of the rink. I think most of my dreams are about trying to make sense of the world... and there's a lot in the world that doesn't make sense.

Dr. Oz is doing a segment on deciphering dreams and will have a key to 50 of the most common dream themes and what they mean on his site.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

In my dream the lawn across the street was on fire. I didn't call the fire department. Then the same thing happened again. I looked up what the dream could mean, but I don't think that anything that I read about applies to me. About a week ago, the coil in my oven caught on fire. The flame was a few inches high, and maybe two or three inches of the coil burned. When I turned the oven off, the fire went out. The fire lasted about one second. I didn't call the fire department. The same thing happened a few years ago. I had the coil replaced. I then dreamt that I was riding around in a big city. I got out of what I was riding around in and started talking to a homeless man who was sitting on the ground outside a building. I don't remember what I was talking about. I think what the dream means is that politicians don't help people... especially our most vulnerable citizens. Consciously, (and subconsciously), I understand the way of the world.

Do you know the people who live across the street from you? Maybe the fire in your oven just popped into mind and into your dream? The human mind is remarkable in the way it stores things.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Do you know the people who live across the street from you? Maybe the fire in your oven just popped into mind and into your dream? The human mind is remarkable in the way it stores things.
    I don't know my neighbors. In my dream I was living somewhere else. I didn't know my neighbors in my dream either. Also, it was a small oven fire, but I was startled to see it. The fire must have a prominant place in my subconscious. I think I dreamt about a fire because I'm trying to process, deal with, what I experienced.

I had the most wonderful dream just before waking this morning... I was high up in a tree and loving the experience. There was someone else in another tree and he was making it swoop down and dunk him in a nearby river. I called over to ask him how he was doing that, but don't remember getting a response. A woman and 2 girls were walking through the woods and one of them recognized me as her teacher and was thrilled to see me, especially so high up in the tree. Later a family was down below and the youngest was learning to fly and doing a fine job of it. I called down to tell her she was doing great and she beamed. I tried to look up meanings of tree dreams and the answers were all over the place, but now that I've typed this, it seems to be a lot about teaching and learning. But the overall feeling of the dream was my exhilaration at being so comfortably high in the tree. Any ideas?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had the most wonderful dream just before waking this morning... I was high up in a tree and loving the experience. There was someone else in another tree and he was making it swoop down and dunk him in a nearby river. I called over to ask him how he was doing that, but don't remember getting a response. A woman and 2 girls were walking through the woods and one of them recognized me as her teacher and was thrilled to see me, especially so high up in the tree. Later a family was down below and the youngest was learning to fly and doing a fine job of it. I called down to tell her she was doing great and she beamed. I tried to look up meanings of tree dreams and the answers were all over the place, but now that I've typed this, it seems to be a lot about teaching and learning. But the overall feeling of the dream was my exhilaration at being so comfortably high in the tree. Any ideas?
    I'm no expert, but your dream seems very similar to many of mine. I think the flying and being up high and away from the ground is an attempt to free yourself from the worries of this earth. Are you trying to escape something that is holding you back from your goals or are you happy now that you have mastered a new job or new activity? Are loved ones wanting to see you happy and are worried about you OR have they been concerned before, but are happy now that you have freed yourself from some burden?

I've also noticed that many of my dreams can be traced to something I saw on tv or on-line the day before.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread