+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Maybe you have been thinking about a change in your life--getting a new job, moving somewhere different or stop seeing people you no longer hang out with? Maybe your body misses sugar and dreamt of it? Interesting dream at any rate.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Maybe you have been thinking about a change in your life--getting a new job, moving somewhere different or stop seeing people you no longer hang out with? Maybe your body misses sugar and dreamt of it? Interesting dream at any rate.
    I plan on making some changes, but I tend to procrastinate. Also, I think one of the reasons I had the junk food dream was that I have been reading about Hostess. The last time that I ate Hostess cupcakes I think I was in fifth grade. I don't eat sugar to avoid gaining weight and getting tooth decay. I'm better off if I don't even think about dessert.

I've heard that the teeth falling out dream is common -- it has to do with shifting foundations or core beliefs. I get those dreams all the time.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

I think the teeth dream might be fear of non acceptance.

Sometimes dream provide comfort. At those times I think they are communications with God. But for all the others I think they are issues or things spinning around.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I watched an episode of Emergency! yesterday... then had a dream where I was living in a house that somewhat resembled the car that the rescuers had rescued people from during that episode. The actor who portrayed firefighter/parademic John Gage was in the dream, and I told him I liked his show. He was dressed as paramedic. (Actually, if anyone wants to be "rescued," they have to do it themselves). In the dream, I was living in the city where I had had an appointment with a macrobiotic practitioner several years ago. I also was learning something/carefully trying to figure something out... and I was carefully cleaning something that was connected to the trying to figure something out.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Analyst
    I'm no dream analyst, but I'll give it a try, bachelor watcher. The part I find especially interesting is the house you are living in resembles a car that people on the show had to escape from... also the entire dream is related to medicine and doctors. Do you (or someone close to you) have a physical condition you or they are battling? Something you feel you would like to be rescued from? Perhaps healing or getting help for it is the thing you are trying to figure out. Your process sounds careful and deliberate... that you want to organize (clean) all you've heard about it and come to answer.
    *shrugs* It's just a guess!

Dreamer

I have a very recurring dream that I am in a beautiful house. It belongs to me. The dream is almost entirely visual and in full colour. I could draw or paint it, I remember it that clearly. It starts with me walking through the various rooms on the main floor... they are spacious, tastefully decorated with no clutter. There is mostly plush white or off white carpeting and neutral colours. The furniture is expensive, with a fine dining table and beautiful leather furniture, for examples. The home is bright and well lit but feels comfortable and exactly where I like being. I feel a sense of pride I live here.
    Suddenly, I find myself on a set of back stairs. They are dusty, dark and rickety. They do not fit the nature of the rest of the house. I climb the stairs and I am faced with a hallway (open on side to the stairwell). As I walk down the hallway, the wooden slat floor is leaning towards the stairwell and there is no railing. I stop to look into one of the bedrooms. The rooms are also dark, dusty and the furniture is old and looks like they have not been used for a long time. The floors and walls are slanted on different angles and there is no exterior wall in the bedroom. It feels like if you stepped into the room you would slide right out of the house.
    Oddly, my feelings about the upstairs have changed over time. I used to hate going there, and was fearful in my dream that I would slip and fall out that room. Now, I see the upstairs as interesting, and tend to take my time looking around it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I had a dream last night that our apartment was beginning to be infested with ants.

That happened in real life at our old place, years back.

I could see this dream as a metaphor though. What for, I don't know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Analyst I'm no dream analyst, but I'll give it a try, bachelor watcher. The part I find especially interesting is the house you are living in resembles a car that people on the show had to escape from... also the entire dream is related to medicine and doctors. Do you (or someone close to you) have a physical condition you or they are battling? Something you feel you would like to be rescued from? Perhaps healing or getting help for it is the thing you are trying to figure out. Your process sounds careful and deliberate... that you want to organize (clean) all you've heard about it and come to answer. *shrugs* It's just a guess! Dreamer I have a very recurring dream that I am in a beautiful house. It belongs to me. The dream is almost entirely visual and in full colour. I could draw or paint it, I remember it that clearly. It starts with me walking through the various rooms on the main floor... they are spacious, tastefully decorated with no clutter. There is mostly plush white or off white carpeting and neutral colours. The furniture is expensive, with a fine dining table and beautiful leather furniture, for examples. The home is bright and well lit but feels comfortable and exactly where I like being. I feel a sense of pride I live here. Suddenly, I find myself on a set of back stairs. They are dusty, dark and rickety. They do not fit the nature of the rest of the house. I climb the stairs and I am faced with a hallway (open on side to the stairwell). As I walk down the hallway, the wooden slat floor is leaning towards the stairwell and there is no railing. I stop to look into one of the bedrooms. The rooms are also dark, dusty and the furniture is old and looks like they have not been used for a long time. The floors and walls are slanted on different angles and there is no exterior wall in the bedroom. It feels like if you stepped into the room you would slide right out of the house. Oddly, my feelings about the upstairs have changed over time. I used to hate going there, and was fearful in my dream that I would slip and fall out that room. Now, I see the upstairs as interesting, and tend to take my time looking around it.
    To spockwhat... I got information from several dream web sites to try to analyze your dream. A dream about a house relates to various aspects of the self. A dream about a beautiful house is usually symbolic of some new mood of optimism. Did some aspect of your life suddenly improve? A dream about an old house is supposed to be a dream about old beliefs. Stairs generally mean you are coming to a conclusion about some issue. I don't know what rickety stairs means. The ground floor relates to facts. Upstairs relates to higher consciousness or conclusions. Hallways are about self-exploration. Slanted floors supposedly mean that one is deviating too far from original goals and plans. A house without walls has something to do with a lack of privacy.

The dream that I had after I watched the TV show began with me carefully trying to figure something out. When I woke up, I couldn't remember what I had been trying to figure out. (I read that sometimes dreams can be up to twenty minutes long). In the dream, my house didn't actually look like the car in the accident on the TV show... my house actually was similar to the space that the wrecked car made with a pillar that it had run in to. The front of the car for some reason seemed to be about seven feet off of the ground, at an angle, sort of like a tent. Part of the house I was living in, in the dream, was similar to that tent-like area. My dream ended with me talking to the actor. I watch that TV show, and dreamt about it, because of the rescues. Consciously, and subconsciously, I would like to be "rescued," but if I want help, I have to help myself! Being rescued is just a fantasy. I think I dreamt that I was living in the city where I had an appointment with the macrobiotic practitioner, because I hadn't been sticking that close to my macrobiotic eating plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I had a dream last night that our apartment was beginning to be infested with ants.

That happened in real life at our old place, years back.

I could see this dream as a metaphor though. What for, I don't know.
    The way you used the word infest makes me think that something unwanted has come into your life--or something that has been there before and you had to get rid of it?

I had a dream I was going to marry the king of England. But the wedding did not happen so I just went swimming in each pool in my wedding dress like a ghost.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread