+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

I always get the "teeth falling out" nightmare about a week before my sixth-month checkup. It's just as effective (if not more so) than the office's reminder call.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I'm glad you got something from that link. I'm surprsied you dont have more nightmares about dentists, considering the ones you have had to deal with. No wonder people hate going to a dentist!
    We had just moved far away from where we used to live right before I turned four, and that dentist just happened to be nearby. If someone has relatives who are nearby, one can get a referral to a good dentist... instead of seeing just any dentist. Also, my dream could have meant that I'm trying to motivate myself to deal with several situations. I tend to procrastinate.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had a weird dream last night. I don't remember most of it but it had members of my family in it. The thing I remember most was in the dream I was drinking coffee and it was too strong, almost peppery-tasting. It tasted awful and I'm not sure why I kept drinking it and didn't complain about it.

In the past, I've had food dreams before. The most frequent is I'm eating peanut butter cups and I have too many of them so the taste becomes unappealing. I try to take them out of my mouth but they become ropey and I'm pulling and pulling on them, winding them around my hands, and can't seem to get them out of my throat. I have eaten too many peanut butter cups in real life and not wanted to eat them for years after because the memory of the taste was repellant so I at least see where that dream comes from.

The last thing I was thinking about before going to sleep last night was my sister's birthday is coming up in December. I was debating whether I should get her a gift or just send a card and what should I say. We live in the same city but we're not close. The only time I saw her this year was when we both ended up at K-Mart when they were going out business to see what they had. Neither of us knew the other would be there. I can't really afford to spend a lot on a gift right now, plus the fact that she has no place for me in her life makes me not want to give her a gift. I was wondering if I sent her a card, should I say something about "I'm sorry we're not closer" or is that too passive-aggressive, not the kind of thing you should burden someone with on their birthday? I can't help but think that the dream is somehow tied to that. I wanted the coffee but found it didn't suit my taste, however, I still keep drinking it anyway.

Not that you asked for advice, but I'd send a card wishing her a happy birthday and leave it at that. No guilt trip, no present. Just let her know you're thinking of her.
    coltnlasma and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

I had a WONDERFUL dream last night! OMG. It was so real too!

I was at a concert of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. (Led Zeppelin survivors.) For some reason Eric Clapton was playing with them! Suddenly, Robert announced that they had a woman in the audience who had a birthday and she played a mean instrument. They called me onto the stage. The instrument was strange and I have never heard of the name they called it, but it was like a small guitar. (I don't played guitar.) The audience cheered as I took the stage and played with them! I was in heaven playing with these guys. What a dream come true.

I think I got this idea from watching a scene on Nashville last night before going to bed. lol

What a night!
    Hyper, Lizard and JohnnyK like this.

I'm smiling just reading your post. What a great dream!
    Count your blessings!

Have any of you ever had a dream, woke up, thought about the dream, went back to sleep and picked back up to continue with the dream? I have. I even went to the bathroom after I woke up. Then I went back to sleep and picked back up where I left off. I have done that about 3-4 times in the last year. IT's so odd.

The other night I dreamed there were tigers jumping over the street that my parents live on. They would jump from a tree on one side of the street to the other. I'm going to look that one up. lol I think I had been impressed with the preview from the movie Pi that's about a boy and tiger on a boat that is lost at sea.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

That band dream was good. No I have never picked up where I left off. Interesting.
    You can do it!

If you want to pick up where you left off, don't turn over to your other side. I remember learning that and using it. On the other hand, if you wake up from a bad dream and don't want to go back to it, turn over on your other side.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I dreamt that I found an extra bedroom in my place. There were two TV's in the bedroom, and a lot of things that belonged to someone else. (I didn't know who the other person was). In the dream I was wondering if it was okay to throw the other person's things away. I have ten organizing boxes filled with paper that I'd like to throw away. I have never subscribed to a newspaper or magazine... I no longer even buy newspapers or magazines. (Years ago all of my papers fit into one organizing box). I also had a dream about dessert. One of the dessert items was a biscuit with a fruit filling, and a sugary decoration on top. I dropped it and the person who had baked it told me I could have the sugary decoration on top. I wiped the dust off and ate the decoration. It was tasteless. Then I woke up. I had watched a TV show about a chef who cooked biscuits with a fruit filling, from scratch. (I don't eat dessert, or anything that has added sugar).
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 12-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread