+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Also, in the past I've gone for long stretches of time without eating processed food or junk food. At that time I had dreams about being in a supermarket and trying to reach for ice cream... but the ice cream was out of my reach. I haven't eaten any processed food or junk food recently, but I haven't had any dreams about trying to reach for ice cream.
    I also try to watch what I eat, avoid take-out fast food, don't keep sweets in the house, or chips, deserts, etc.
    But every so often I have what I call a Feeding Frenzy dream. I'm eating all the wrong foods one after the other & feeling guilty about it the whole time. Then I wake up & feel a combination of guilt for how I was eating in the dream & relief that it was just a dream. For some reason I feel oddly full & uncomfortable, like I really did eat all that food.
    Many years ago I used to smoke & every so often I still have a smoking dream. I'm chain smoking & feeling the same kind of guilt as the food dream.

Maybe both are a deep seated fear of relapsing. Or maybe I really want that junk food & cigarettes.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I also try to watch what I eat, avoid take-out fast food, don't keep sweets in the house, or chips, deserts, etc. But every so often I have what I call a Feeding Frenzy dream. I'm eating all the wrong foods one after the other & feeling guilty about it the whole time. Then I wake up & feel a combination of guilt for how I was eating in the dream & relief that it was just a dream. For some reason I feel oddly full & uncomfortable, like I really did eat all that food. Many years ago I used to smoke & every so often I still have a smoking dream. I'm chain smoking & feeling the same kind of guilt as the food dream. Maybe both are a deep seated fear of relapsing. Or maybe I really want that junk food & cigarettes.
    I think if you have dreams about Feeding Frenzies, about eating junk food... that's what you want. I would like to eat junk food... sometimes I think about candy and salami... but, I haven't had any dreams recently about junk food. When I had dreams about ice cream in the past, the freezer case at the supermarket that contained ice cream wasn't the kind that had a glass door with a handle. The freezer case in my dreams was the type of freezer case that one reaches into, and that doesn't have a cover. I eat bananas and raisins, which satisfies my craving for something sweet.

I was fat 30 years ago. I do not really have dreams about food, other than maybe one where I was drinking soda and asking myself why was I doing that.
    You can do it!

Within a few years of quitting smoking, I would dream from time to time of smoking. It felt so real, so much like I was really smoking this cigarette, and I liked it. Then I would feel so guilty and disappointed in myself that I had fallen off the wagon. When I would wake up and realize it was just a dream, I would feel so relieved!

Yeah, I recall those food dreams. I am a Type I diabetic, so while I can eat sweets and take insulin to cover it, I have to do it in moderation. I have dreams where I am at a buffet table full of food, cakes, pies, etc. and I refrain from eating it, because I know it has so many carbs. Then when I wake up, I'm ticked off that I didn't just dive in since I was DREAMING! Oh well. lol

Last night I dreamed that I was out of town for awhile, but when I moved back to this apt I was living, (it was similar to a an apt I had in law school) two girls came in and sat on the couch like they had moved in. I was so confused as to how they rented out my apt when I was still paying rent, all my furniture was there, etc. They told me the landlady told them I lived there, but they moved in anyway! I kicked them out, but very nicely and told them they should search for another apt in that complex. How bizarre was that.

I also found some old clothes in that apt that I had not worn in years. I put them on and they looked GREAT. I was so happy. It was like a found a whole new wardrobe. I also found many dolls I had as child that I thought were lost and wall art I had many years ago.

The clothes makes me think:
    Many years ago, before children, I was very small & slim. I weighed just over 90 lbs (I'm short, I wasn't anorexic or anything). Anyhow, I had some clothes I just bought just before I found out I was pregnant. I barely got to wear them before they didn't fit in the middle.
    I kept them in the corner of the closet for after childbirth/weight loss. By the time I fit them & wore them just a few times I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child.
    This time it took a long time to lose the weight (years).
    In my mind I always saw those clothes as wonderful, flattering, flawless. My goal was to get into them again & be gorgeous, sexy, stylish, & the envy of all other women & the desire of all men.

Anyhow, after years of working at it, I was finally able to get into some of my old clothes & guess what????? They weren't what I remembered or dreamed they were.
    Some were worn much more than I remembered, some had small stains, & the rest were tragically dated. Plus after 2 children & almost 10 years, my body just wasn't shaped the same. My teeny tiny waist was the waist of a woman 10 years older, even though I was small again.

I think everything looks so much better in retrospect than in reality.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I had a dream recently that two of my teeth fell out. The part of my teeth that fell out were the visible parts... I guess the roots of the teeth were still in my mouth. I showed the teeth to a dentist and asked him if he could put the teeth back in my mouth. The dentist in my dream was the same dentist that I had as a child. That same dentist also was the first dentist that I saw as an adult... and it was a mistake. I saw that dentist as an adult because I wasn't familiar with any other dentists. But there he was again... in my dreams.

Losing teeth is very common according to the 'experts'. Here is link you may find helpful. Teeth Dreams | What Do Teeth Dreams Mean | Loosing Teeth | Broken | Falling| Teeth Dream | Teeth symbol |Teeth Dream Interpretation

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Losing teeth is very common according to the 'experts'. Here is link you may find helpful. Teeth Dreams | What Do Teeth Dreams Mean | Loosing Teeth | Broken | Falling| Teeth Dream | Teeth symbol |Teeth Dream Interpretation
    Thank you for the link. The questions asked to interpret the dream were, "where were you, who were you with, and what mood were you in... scared, sad?" I don't recall where I was in the dream. When I saw the dentist, I was in an undetermined location. I wasn't afraid or sad in the dream... I was just trying to figure out how to fix my teeth.

I had a large three-surface filling put in a tooth by that first dentist when I was about nine. When another dentist was putting in fillings on one side of my mouth, he put a bite block in the side of my mouth that had the big filling. I suddenly ended up with sensitivity to cold food when I ate ice cream after that appointment. The dentist said I should get a root canal, post and crown... it would cost thousands of dollars, which I don't have. (I think there's a crack in the tooth structure under the big filling). Then there was another big filling that first dentist put in, which ended up with a leak. Another dentist told me the leaky filling would remineralarize. What really happens with leaky fillings is that bacteria from one's mouth leaks into the pulp and causes an abscess. That tooth abscessed. The root canal was then botched. The root-canalad tooth "acts up" sometimes. (I once got a gum boil next to the root-canaled tooth). A third dentist said the canals in the tooth are too narrow, and the upper tooth is too close to my sinus area.. he didn't want to try to redo the root canal. For health reasons I should have the tooth pulled. I have elaborate stories about many of my teeth, and all of the dentists I've seen. That first dentist is still "practicing." According to what I read in the dream analysis, teeth falling out could have something to do with serious problems. I have serious problems, such as dealing with a stalker, but I also have concerns with my teeth. The dream I had was a combination of teeth, dentists and unrelated serious problems.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 11-27-2012 at 04:10 PM.

I'm glad you got something from that link. I'm surprsied you dont have more nightmares about dentists, considering the ones you have had to deal with. No wonder people hate going to a dentist!

+ Reply to Thread