+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Re: What does my dream mean?

Glad you had a good dream Johnny

It sounds like you want to go to a safer place. Childhood is a safe place for me too. I have started a Christmas ornament collection in efforts to resonate and remember the comfort of childhood.

If I am really upset, I will talk in my sleep. I cannot remember the dream, but husband will tell me what I said... (no smiley)
    You can do it!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Last night I dreamed about some phone scam or something.

I don't often remember my dreams. But... I do recall when I was in high school.. having the same dream over and over again. This same dream through-out high school. Not every night... But I still remember the details.

First... I would always forget my lock combination and my class roster.... so I would have to go to the office to get the combo and roster. When I would enter the office... the office was outside in the woods. Of course that can't be good. Then I would find myself running away from somebody. I would always find the same hiding spot... in a locker... behind paneling (again... I think to myself.. that can't be good) and each time... this scary person in a strange mask always found me there... and then I would wake up!

STRANGE! I don't have those dreams anymore.

Wow, those are some serious dreams. I have read that most dreams are our way of trying to sort things out. Still, sometimes I am shocked at my dreams. They are all so vivid and come out of nowhere.

I have certain repeated dreams:
    Even though I finished law school many years ago, I still dream that I am in college or law school and suddenly recall that I enrolled in a class that I forgot about and just realized it's exam day and I have not prepared! I'm freaking out!

I often dream that I am in a house/building with many elaborate halls, rooms, doorways, attic, etc. and I am making my way through them. Often going through small holes in the floor or wall. When I arrive, I often find something that I placed there long ago and forgot about. Sometimes it's an animal and I rush to save it's life.

I often dream of traveling and am near water, oceans, lakes, rivers.

I often dream I can fly and hover above the trees or up near the ceiling in a room. I also dream I can roller skate very well, but I don't. I dream I can play the piano very well, but I don't.

Recently, I dreamed that I was wearing a very short shorts, with revealing top and cowboy boots! I thought I looked GREAT! I'm too old for that. Go figure. lol
    Lizard and I'm here like this.

I have the back in school and totally forgot about a class I should have been attending dream too---many times
    You can do it!

I had the same dream for almost 20 years. I only would dream it once or twice a year, but it was very scary.

It was always the same old house, huge with many rooms and hallways. I would run throughout this dark old house, knowing that something was chasing me. Open doors and find scary things in the rooms, then I'd wake up.

Then one morning after my yearly dream it hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew this house! We lived there for a short time when I was 2 or so. My mother was married for a very short time then to a violent man. My brother told me recently he has a memory of me in my crib, screaming. The stepfather took his fist and punched a hole in the wall right by my crib. Anyway after I remembered the house I no longer dream about it. I continue to find out bad things though.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I can still remember a dream I had when I was, like, four.

In it I looked in a mirror and saw the back of me, and I was like packing or something.

For some reason I am afraid to look into mirrors when it's dark. I always need the light on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I have the back in school and totally forgot about a class I should have been attending dream too---many times
    Me too -- every semester at exam time. And I'm in my 50s!
    Maybe it's because -- even as a freelance contractor -- I teach/tutor and am still tied into a school calendar to some extent.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I've had several dreams where I'm back in college, and I keep finding classes that I didn't know about before, that I have to take to graduate. In my typical "trying to graduate" dream, I need about ten classes to graduate. I don't know why I have that type of dream, since I already graduated from college. Once I dreamt that not only was I back in college, I was living in the dorm that I lived in during my first year. I think that dream means that I'd like to start my life over again... and of course I'd do everything differently.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I had a dream recently about being back in class. I think it was a biology class. I was trying to figure out which part of the classroom I should sit in... should I sit in the front, back, left side or right side of the classroom? I'm not sure if that particular dream had any meaning. Also, in the past I've gone for long stretches of time without eating processed food or junk food. At that time I had dreams about being in a supermarket and trying to reach for ice cream... but the ice cream was out of my reach. I haven't eaten any processed food or junk food recently, but I haven't had any dreams about trying to reach for ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread