+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Okay, don't think I'm weird, but I have a recurring dream that chewing gum gets stuck to my teeth and pulls my fillings out when I try to take the gum out. Also, when I try to pull the gum out of my mouth, it keeps coming in a long strand and won't ever get unstuck from my teeth. Envision the clowns never-ending handkerchief coming out of his pocket and that's what the gum is like.

I have no idea why I dream this from time to time but it must be during times I'm under stress or worried about something. Any ideas?
    Hey! I've had a similar dream with Reese's peanut butter cups. Haven't had it in a long time but I used to dream about it fairly regularly.

In my dream I was eating peanut butter cups and suddenly didn't like the taste of them anymore so I tried taking a half chewed one out of my mouth but it was like a never-ending rope. Never could get it all out of my mouth. Weird.

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with something I've said that I wish I could take back. Maybe yours is there's something you want to say but can't get it out? I don't know.
    Last edited by pikachu; 01-10-2006 at 07:06 PM.

I've had recurring dreams about my teeth falling out. I was curious about it, so I read around about it. The consensus seems to be that it represents you are worried about an aspect of your health - not that it's prophetic and you're going to be ill, but that you have health worries.

I have a lot of recurring dreams. One is about being swept away by a huge tidal wave. Another is trying to stop a car going down a steep hill and the brakes barely working. You know, the car slows down and you think you're going to stop...but you just can't press the pedal down hard enough and you roll through the intersection.

I also dream about a house, very specific dreams that I only have rarely but they've been happening since I was a kid. I have sketches and floorplans of this house, it's so familiar to me. But I don't think it's a former life or anything because the house itself is so strange. It's an A-line house built into the side of a mountain. I think it's more like my imagination running wild rather than a real place.

Quote Originally Posted by cahalanmac
    I had the worst dream last night.
    That is SO a pregnancy dream, so don't read too much into it. I remember reading in a pregnancy book that vivid dreams are common, but just from talking to friends I found that bloody dreams are very common. They bothered me enough I stopped watching television or reading anything with a hint of gore. I remember I was reading an Agatha Christie when I had the most horrific dream about axe murderers where I was scrubbing blood off the walls and ceiling. Pregnancy is NOT for wimps.

Any dream interpreters want to take a crack at this one. . . .

I usually dream in vivid detail - colors, surroundings, smells, sounds, everything. My dreams are usually like little movies. I've even had a dream where everyone was in period costume from the 1900's.

The recurring dream I've had since childhood is completely different. I always remember when I have this dream. It is one of sensation, conciousness and color rather than events. It is all very surreal and, well, dream-like. The sensations are of rising, softness and enclosure. I feel like I am climbing or being lifted in a tower of softness, like being completely enveloped in a Biederlack blanket elevator. The colors are shades of blue and grey, completely soft. But when I sense that I am almost at the top, there is always a very rough, prickly, very dark spot. I want to get away from that spot, but since I am only aware of the spot and not physically in the environment there is nothing I can do. This frustrates me. Sometimes I get past that spot and continue to rise, other times I get stuck there until I wake up.

I used to have this dream quite often as a child. I still have it occasionally.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    The recurring dream I've had since childhood is completely different. I always remember when I have this dream. It is one of sensation, conciousness and color rather than events. It is all very surreal and, well, dream-like. The sensations are of rising, softness and enclosure. I feel like I am climbing or being lifted in a tower of softness, like being completely enveloped in a Biederlack blanket elevator. The colors are shades of blue and grey, completely soft. But when I sense that I am almost at the top, there is always a very rough, prickly, very dark spot. I want to get away from that spot, but since I am only aware of the spot and not physically in the environment there is nothing I can do. This frustrates me. Sometimes I get past that spot and continue to rise, other times I get stuck there until I wake up.

I used to have this dream quite often as a child. I still have it occasionally.
    I've heard that colors represent emotions in dreams. From your description of rising and being surrounded by soft colors, I get the impression that you are talking about relationships and their different levels. They could be work relationships, friendships or romantic relationships. You get to a particular level and then you either can't continue or you do go on but sometimes you get stuck. Maybe you feel stymied in your career goals or in your personal relatonships?

BTW, I've read a lot of dream dictionaries and books about dreams. I find the whole subject fascinating. It's difficult to interpret dreams because different elements in dreams mean different things to different people. If someone loves dogs, seeing a dog in a dream would be a positive and comforting thing. If someone has been attacked by a dog before and is afraid of them, seeing a dog in their dream would be a negative and fearful thing.

It's fun to take a crack at deciphering them, though.

Premium Member
    For the last 2 nights one of my dogs from the past has come to me in my dream. Brandy was the first dog I ever had as an adult living on my own, a little Chihuahua-Boston Terrier mutt that I got as a 6 week old puppy. She died almost 8 years ago on Feb. 27 at age 17. The first night she appeared in the yard, just hanging out in the sun like she used to love to do. Last night, she appeared on my bed. I just turned around and there she was. I was thrilled to see her again, called her name and went to pick her up. When I approached her she growled at me and ran away. After the first night I felt happy that I saw her again, but the dream last night has me a bit spooked.

Re: What does my dream mean?

I'm not really looking to have this dream interpreted but this was the only thread I found about dreams.

I dreamed last night that I was a contestant on the Next Design Star. Odd that it was that reality show and not something I might be more qualified for! Anyway, the first challenge had several parts. It was called The Banner Challenge but we weren't creating a banner. We had to get to a location by various modes of transportation (including using a jet ski at one part) and then deliver a spiel based on images on a banner we got to study before taking off on the course. A second part of the challenge was that we had to interview someone and then introduce them based on the answers we got from our questions.

I was unclear about whether we were interviewing a fellow contestant or a random person off the street. When the host was telling us about the challenge, they asked at the end if we had any questions and for some reason I forgot to ask my question then. The challenge was actually to happen the following day so after meeting with the host, we were going to a buffet dinner set up for the cast and crew of the show. I intended to ask the host my question there but I never got to that point. I was distracted by seeing a bunch of cute kitty cats along the way to the buffet area and I woke up before I got there. I do remember seeing the other contestants along the way and trying to decide which one I might want to partner with if we had to interview each other.

I believe the Tv was on when you fell asleep. Sounds like a kind of fun dream. Much better than a dream relating to unresolved fears. I have often had the tv dream where not much has significance and you just go go go.
    You can do it!

No, I don't sleep with the TV on, although I was watching Property Brothers before I went to bed. I have insomnia and have a hard time sleeping even without distractions. I can't sleep if there's light in the room or too much noise. Even the air conditioner kicking on and off during the night wakes me up.

It's amazing how detailed dreams are sometimes. I can't remember the challenge instructions now but at the time, they were very complex. It's really something that our minds concoct such real scenarios when we're asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    For the last 2 nights one of my dogs from the past has come to me in my dream. Brandy was the first dog I ever had as an adult living on my own, a little Chihuahua-Boston Terrier mutt that I got as a 6 week old puppy. She died almost 8 years ago on Feb. 27 at age 17. The first night she appeared in the yard, just hanging out in the sun like she used to love to do. Last night, she appeared on my bed. I just turned around and there she was. I was thrilled to see her again, called her name and went to pick her up. When I approached her she growled at me and ran away. After the first night I felt happy that I saw her again, but the dream last night has me a bit spooked.
    The growling part...hmmm your mind that....funny thing the mind
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread