+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

giz
    I think everyone has those jerking awake dreams, probably something about going into REM state too quickly. I think that's why it's called "falling asleep".

I had the worst dream last night. I dreamed that my best friend was murdered by her ex (and really current off and on) boyfriend. Now he has never so much as raised a hand to her and I like him a lot, he is super sweet. But they have been trying to break up for about 8 months now. I didn't see the murder, but I just felt so sad and lost. When I woke up I still felt sad and alone and really worried (she is fine by the way).
    We haven't been spending as much time together lately or even talking as often because we both just changed jobs. Plus, my hubby and I are having a baby so I guess we will inevitably move apart some. Maybe I am worried about loosing our friendship. So sad...
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I have had the same kind of dream now at least a half dozen times over the past 4-5 months, and I have no idea what it means. The dreams always take place in my house, which IRL is about 80 years old and quite small--a cottage, really. In the dreams, it looks generally the same on the outside, but the inside is always different, but with touches of the real life decor. For pretty much every instance, my house is about twice the size that it is now, but it's always the same vintage as my real house is--it's not like I updated it and made it all modern. In the dreams I'm finding new rooms of my house, full with stuff I didn't know I had, or, in one case, that wasn't mine but somehow had "come with" the house. In the dreams, I am aware that things aren't "quite right" and that's not how the house is supposed to be, but it's not a negative/scary feeling.

I don't plan on moving, rearranging the furniture, or expanding the house at this time. I've always had a notion of adding on a formal dining room in the back one day. But I've thought about doing that since I bought the place 6 years ago.

Any ideas from the dream-interpreting folks here at the FoRT? It's starting to bug me to have this dream so many times and not know what it means.

cahalanmac - it could be those hormones. When I was pregnant, I would have crazy dreams. Some were very frightening and some just crazy...like I had 8 kittens instead of a baby a was breastfeeding them all at the same time.

As you said, maybe you sense that you are moving apart and it is on your mind. Hopefully you won't have that dream again.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I have had the same kind of dream now at least a half dozen times over the past 4-5 months, and I have no idea what it means. The dreams always take place in my house, which IRL is about 80 years old and quite small--a cottage, really. In the dreams, it looks generally the same on the outside, but the inside is always different, but with touches of the real life decor. For pretty much every instance, my house is about twice the size that it is now, but it's always the same vintage as my real house is--it's not like I updated it and made it all modern. In the dreams I'm finding new rooms of my house, full with stuff I didn't know I had, or, in one case, that wasn't mine but somehow had "come with" the house. In the dreams, I am aware that things aren't "quite right" and that's not how the house is supposed to be, but it's not a negative/scary feeling.

I don't plan on moving, rearranging the furniture, or expanding the house at this time. I've always had a notion of adding on a formal dining room in the back one day. But I've thought about doing that since I bought the place 6 years ago.

Any ideas from the dream-interpreting folks here at the FoRT? It's starting to bug me to have this dream so many times and not know what it means.
    My analysis: Buildings in general symoblize the dreamer and how they see themselves. I think your dream is showing you that you are basically the same person you always were but some parts of you are new and you are discovering things about yourself you didn't know before (new rooms).

Maybe the things you see in the house in your dreams that are in your house in real life are particularly important or meaningful to you.

The extra size of the house could indicate that there is room for more in your life.

I know this isn't about dream interpretation but since dreams are the topic, I heard a long time ago that if you tell someone about the recurring dream you are having then you won't dream it again. I've done that whenever I'd have a recurring nightmare or disturbing dream and it seems to work. I don't know if emailing it counts, you might have to actually speak about it. Sounds like a crazy superstition or something but it might work. It's worth a try, unless you want to keep dreaming the same dream of course.

Generally these types of dreams mean you ate too much tex mex before bed...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Generally these types of dreams mean you ate too much tex mex before bed...
    And you're feeling as big as a house! I can see that.

This morning, I dreamed someone. I thought it was me and I looked so different but it was all cloudy, and so gray and I didn't get much sleep this morning.

It looks like an another lifetime awaits for me.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Okay, don't think I'm weird, but I have a recurring dream that chewing gum gets stuck to my teeth and pulls my fillings out when I try to take the gum out. Also, when I try to pull the gum out of my mouth, it keeps coming in a long strand and won't ever get unstuck from my teeth. Envision the clowns never-ending handkerchief coming out of his pocket and that's what the gum is like.

I have no idea why I dream this from time to time but it must be during times I'm under stress or worried about something. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread